DTD: The hits just keep on coming...

NMBC1993

It's simple.
Otherwise....stay at your hotel with the little burden...I mean delightful child.:lookaroun

Exactly! Now even the people who don't have kids have to just sit in their rooms at night because there is nothing to do.

Anyone taking a young child into PI at night deserves to be beaten with a frozen Mickey bar

...that sounds both painful and delicious:slurp:

Pumbas Nakasak

Heading for the great escape.
Who are you to judge me as being judgemental? :lookaroun

Someone who doesnt judge others buy their own rather narrow and tainted view. But then I have to admit Im obviously not as perfect as some, who no doubt are speaking from personal experience.

I right..............

Vernonpush

Anyone taking a young child into PI at night deserves to be beaten with a frozen Mickey bar.

...that sounds both painful and delicious:slurp:

Or a frozen chocolate covered banana.
banana_smiley_12.gif

EPCOT Explorer

It's simple.
If you have a pre-schooler, you don't take them to PI. Easy as that. If you have a little kid and want to visit PI, I would recommend using the excellent child care services available on property.
Otherwise....stay at your hotel with the little burden...I mean delightful child.:lookaroun

Anyone taking a young child into PI at night deserves to be beaten with a frozen Mickey bar.

:lol:

Just seems to be another excuse made by people!

Animaniac93-98

It's simple.
If you have a pre-schooler, you don't take them to PI. Easy as that. If you have a little kid and want to visit PI, I would recommend using the excellent child care services available on property.

Well said Lee! They are indeed a great place for kids to go and get away from adults (which they do and people seem to forget). Sandcastle Club even had Sega Genesis with Sonic, that was cool. The childcare clubs were built for a reason, not only for PI, but for V&A (which certainly glamorizes drinking more than PI and got multiple AAA 5 Diamond awards) or any other activities that adults wanted to do on their own. The kids there, were more than happy.

If the cheap, lazy and lousy parents drag their kids to a club area well after the fireworks are done they deserve to be hit with various kinds of frozen deserts by the scantily clad females.

71jason

Original Poster
For example, imagine being on the jungle cruise, your passing the section of the scattered camp gear. It would be soooooo much better if Stitch was caught going through stuff, then had a dialogue with the skipper before running into the trees for the next boat.

:fork::fork:

Haunted Mansion: Ghost of Stitch haunting Master Gracery. Like a fuzzy alien poltergeist.

Or make him the host of Future World and put him in every attraction. Forget M, he could narrate SSE.

wilsonhanks

Haunted Mansion: Ghost of Stitch haunting Master Gracery. Like a fuzzy alien poltergeist.

Or make him the host of Future World and put him in every attraction. Forget M, he could narrate SSE.

Oooooohhh!! I love the haunted mansion one, he could be flying through the air in the graveyard scene 2!! Pure genious, I hope TDO is paying attention! :):):):)

I have been soooooooo upset since they took him out of the monorail!!

jt04

Someone who doesnt judge others buy their own rather narrow and tainted view. But then I have to admit Im obviously not as perfect as some, who no doubt are speaking from personal experience.

I right..............

Who are you to judge who has a "narrow and tainted view" and who doesn't?

It's like the CoP, it just goes round and round.:dazzle:

jt04

It's simple.

Oh yes, the flip side of the PI concept plan to get into folks wallets. Go to WDW, dump the kids at a child care service and go get sloshed. How magical indeed. :rolleyes:

Eisner's Folly.

PS-I think you made a wise choice not having children. IMHO.

NMBC1993

Oh yes, the flip side of the PI concept plan to get into folks wallets. Go to WDW, dump the kids at a child care service and go get sloshed. How magical indeed. :rolleyes:

Eisner's Folly.

PS-I think you made a wise choice not having children. IMHO.

And the rest of Disney doesn't try to get in our wallets?

71jason

Original Poster
Oh you are so right, 5 year old kids should not see anyone with a drink in their hands ever! They should make plans to shut down the Rose and Crown, Rix Lounge, Jellyrolls, ESPNZone, and all those pool bars right away. That way they can build a T-Rex cafe on the property to sheild kids from the horror.

Uhm, you do know even T-Rex has a huge bar just inside the front door, right? Home of the "cotton candy martini," a drink that makes the cosmo look butch.

As I said above, two dry restaurants in DTD--one closed, the other is rumored to.

BTW, not multiquoting, but as of, say, two weeks ago, everything was still up in the AC, FWIW.

Re: the use of child-care services. 1 in 6 WDW guests do not have kids. Conventioneers, honeymooners, Spring Breakers--that's a lot of guests to simply ignore.

Pumbas Nakasak

Heading for the great escape.
Who are you to judge who has a "narrow and tainted view" and who doesn't?

It's like the CoP, it just goes round and round.:dazzle:

Well Id say the way you choose the words to describe your perception of events would indicate pretty entrenched and narrow views, they certainly dont seem to indicate a failure to allow for the large number of international guests whos culture and habits fall out with your constrained view of what is normal or acceptable.

And lets be honest it will keep going round and round as long as you continue to make asinine statements.

No offence.

wilsonhanks

Well Id say the way you choose the words to describe your perception of events would indicate pretty entrenched and narrow views, they certainly dont seem to indicate a failure to allow for the large number of international guests whos culture and habits fall out with your constrained view of what is normal or acceptable.

And lets be honest it will keep going round and round as long as you continue to make asinine statements.

No offence.

Stop whining!!!:eek:

jakeman

...but for V&A (which certainly glamorizes drinking more than PI...)
I think the distinction needs to be made that PI and V&A serves two completely different functions in relation to alcohol.

While PI did have some tasty beverages, I think it is safe to say that they are meant to be enjoyed as adult beverages. You can even debate the purpose of the drinks was the end result and not the drink itself. You can debate it...I won't, because I don't really care.

V&A uses alcohol to complement the food as part of a total dining experience. I don't think anyone can debate that getting sloshed is even remotely considered for 99.9% of the diners at V&A.

While both glamorize drinking, they do it in completely different ways. It's an apple to oranges comparision. It's like saying that McDonald's and Shula's both glamorize hamburger.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom