DTD: The hits just keep on coming...

wilsonhanks

No it's not about the alcohol. I am sitting in my home, it doesn't make it the same as PI. I just happen to be having a beer. I could go to a party and do the same thing. That's like saying "OMG THAT PERSON HAS ON A STITCH PIN, HE IS WHAT CAUSED ALIEN ENCOUNTER TO CLOSE DOWN!"

STITCH turned a boring useless attraction into one of the best in the Magic Kingdom, open your mind and you will see this. :dazzle::dazzle::dazzle:

jt04

Yes, they should have. I totally agree. But, they didn't. That was a huge mistake. As that family with a 5 year old strolled through PI, witnessing scantily clad women pushing syringes filled with alcohol and jello shots, I can see their blood boiling thinking this is not the Disney vacation they signed up for. Sadly, Disney listens to this small, but vocal minority. They don't listen to the majority. Sad, but true.

What is a majority of opinion in your circle is not necessarily reflective of the world at large. In fact I would venture to say the PI defenders are not even close to reflecting the opinion of the majority of WDW guests. And the number of parents that would not want to have their 5 year old witness the scenario you describe is 100% if you don't count the insane.

wilsonhanks

:lol: Best quote of the day!

Thank you for your support, I am glad you are finally realing the error in your ways!

Its like I said before Stitch is such a great character, he can fit storyline in just about any place of Disney.

For example, imagine being on the jungle cruise, your passing the section of the scattered camp gear. It would be soooooo much better if Stitch was caught going through stuff, then had a dialogue with the skipper before running into the trees for the next boat.

:fork::fork:

NMBC1993

What is a minority of opinion in your circle is not necessarily reflective of the world at large. In fact I would venture to say the PI defenders are not even close to reflecting the opinion of the majority of WDW guests. And the number of parents that would not want to have their 5 year old witness the scenario you describe is 100% if you don't count the insane.

Oh you are so right, 5 year old kids should not see anyone with a drink in their hands ever! They should make plans to shut down the Rose and Crown, Rix Lounge, Jellyrolls, ESPNZone, and all those pool bars right away. That way they can build a T-Rex cafe on the property to sheild kids from the horror.

jt04

Oh you are so right, 5 year old kids should not see anyone with a drink in their hands ever! They should make plans to shut down the Rose and Crown right away. That way they can build a T-Rex cafe on the property to sheild kids from the horror.

That is not an example of what the land formerly known as PI was all about. Which is why it is no more.

Nice try.

So you would bring your 5 year old to PI? Really?

CaptainMichael

What is a majority of opinion in your circle is not necessarily reflective of the world at large. In fact I would venture to say the PI defenders are not even close to reflecting the opinion of the majority of WDW guests. And the number of parents that would not want to have their 5 year old witness the scenario you describe is 100% if you don't count the insane.

*gets on soapbox*

Then the parents of said 5 year old should be do a little parenting and not drag their children through such an environment at such a late hour. This is like what happens with television. The evil TV is blamed when kids watch violent, sexual programs, but is it not the parents who should be responsible for what their children see? Same thing with Alien Encounter and Mission: Space...read the warnings, do your homework. You cannot expect the world to baby sit you or your children. It's a little matter called responsibility...have some.

I would always find it disheartening to see children being dragged to the Magic Kingdom late at night (as in beyond midnight) by their parents when they were obviously tired, whiney, etc and ready to get out of their uncomfortable princess dresses/pirate outfits.

jt04

*gets on soapbox*

Then the parents of said 5 year old should be do a little parenting and not drag their children through such an environment at such a late hour. This is like what happens with television. The evil TV is blamed when kids watch violent, sexual programs, but is it not the parents who should be responsible for what their children see? Same thing with Alien Encounter and Mission: Space...read the warnings, do your homework. You cannot expect the world to baby sit you or your children. It's a little matter called responsibility...have some.

I would always find it disheartening to see children being dragged to the Magic Kingdom late at night (as in beyond midnight) by their parents when they were obviously tired, whiney, etc and ready to get out of their uncomfortable princess dresses/pirate outfits.

I'll try again. Would anyone here drag their pre-schooler through the land formerly known as PI and subject that child to the scenario as described by gothmickey? Anyone? :shrug:

Animaniac93-98

I'll try again. Would anyone here drag their pre-schooler through the land formerly known as PI and subject that child to the scenario as described by gothmickey? Anyone? :shrug:

I'm not stupid enough to take a child that young anywhere past his bedtime. Especially after a long day in the parks.

Not everyone's a brain dead parent like you want them to be Jt. BTW, your not allowed into the Wonderland Tea Part at GF, how does that make you feel?

Pumbas Nakasak

Heading for the great escape.
Being a bad parent I have never had a problem with my children seeing people drinking, and they have made it so far in life without becoming sum bags. And to be honest I dont think they were too badly scared by seing nipples on beaches either. :shrug:

jt04

I'm not stupid enough to take a child that young anywhere past his bedtime. Especially after a long day in the parks.

Not everyone's a brain dead parent like you want them to be Jt. BTW, your not allowed into the Wonderland Tea Part at GF, how does that make you feel?

So you would if it wasn't past their bedtime? :rolleyes:

GothMickey

No one should be dragging their 5 year old through PI. That is why the turnstyles should have stayed put.

I was not a fan of PI back in its hey day. But, I was also not against it. Clubbing isn't my thing, and not something I want to do at Disney when I live so close to NYC. If I want a club experience, I can travel through the Holland Tunnel and enter any of the clubs NYC offers. But, if people wanted to go to a club while on vacation, so be it. At least they had a choice. They could stay on Disney property and drink and not have to worry about driving back ot the resort. Disney transportation was available. I believe there should be entertainment choices for all ages, young and old alike.

Don't get me wrong here people. I was not and am not advocating that Disney was 100% right for closing PI. JT said Disney glamorized drinking. Others say no. To me, having shot girls walking up to people NOT attending a club, outside on the walkway, making their trek to West Side, is not glamorizing alcohol, just pushing its consumption at a place meant to be an entertainment center for adults, legal aged to drink adults. And by removing those turnstyles, and still allowing the shot girls to peddle their wares outside to the general public, Disney was allowing a potential mess to happen.

So, I tend to side with those of you who take the position that Disney wanted this to fail. The signs all point in that direction.

lazyboy97o

IF persons walking through or past Pleasure Island getting upset and soured to the Vacation Kingdom really were a factor, the blame does not fall on Pleasure Island. That fault lies with the placing of the West Side, which created a need to get around or through Pleasure Island. The complex never should have been surrounded the way it was as it created a hole between the two common areas.

I would say this big space of nothing is what created more negative perception. People do not like walking "long" distances (the max is a measly 600') in a "lifestyle center" and that condition still exists today. The West Side is heavily third party and is where risk is greatest right now.

Lee

Adventurer

It's simple.
If you have a pre-schooler, you don't take them to PI. Easy as that. If you have a little kid and want to visit PI, I would recommend using the excellent child care services available on property.
Otherwise....stay at your hotel with the little burden...I mean delightful child.:lookaroun

Anyone taking a young child into PI at night deserves to be beaten with a frozen Mickey bar.

wilsonhanks

Can't we all just get along?? Sometimes people disagree, we should all accept that. Especially when the points we are now discussing had no impact on the closure of PI

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom