DTD: The hits just keep on coming...

tirian

I am just saying that for everyone that complained there were those that didn't. They just went away. Never visited WDW again. I know some of them and it is a large number. And I do know people on both sides of this issue.

I wish I could get into the nitty-gritty about why DTD management didn't want to save PI, but it's too controversial.

As much as I disagree with stuff you've said, I do acknowledge that there were a lot of issues in PI's final days. Drunk CPs unloading their woes on Guests didn't help. :rolleyes:

Pumbas Nakasak

Heading for the great escape.
I wish I could get into the nitty-gritty about why DTD management didn't want to save PI, but it's too controversial.

As much as I disagree with stuff you've said, I do acknowledge that there were a lot of issues in PI's final days. Drunk CPs unloading their woes on Guests didn't help. :rolleyes:

I wouldn't mind as long as they weren't unloading their stomachs on my shoes.

But isnt that just weak management?

jt04

More than Food & Wine are the "Drink around the World" t-shirts I see on every visit. This last visit there was a group with "team" shirts. Their names on the front and the counties with a box to check on the back. I don't know if there was a contest associated, but clearly a competition.

I get, not Disney sanctioned. But, as a parent or "family advocate" of the extreme kind, this would bother me more than PI. I could shield my kids from PI. I can't shield them from public displays in the theme park.

Either way, no on will ever please 100% of the people so we'll all be here arguing with each other for eternity. Happy Tuesday and isn't the internet awesome! :D

I don't understand the point of, "but what about this", "but what about that". The same situation remains. As long as Disney glamorizes drinking, they are losing a massive demographic. Simple as that. Adding a lounge or nightclub is not what PI did. And Disney frowns on the drunkeness in WS. But if you do that and trip over a kid and hurt them (God forbid) you would deserve everthing that then happens to you.

JWG

I am just saying that for everyone that complained there were those that didn't. They just went away. Never visited WDW again. I know some of them and it is a large number. And I do know people on both sides of this issue.

I'll buy that PI attendance wasn't where it needed to be or that it wasn't doing the business Disney wanted. But, considering the (all be it subjective) attendance numbers that come out of WDW each year, I find it hard to believe that PI has any major impact on the World as a whole. I'm sure there are people who went and said "drinking! oh my!" and didn't return, but in the scheme of overall attendance that has to be .001% of the population. Or else, for every one of those people 2 new people show up.

I won't go to the Baker's Square by my house because the manager stuck his fingers in my wife's food when we complained it was cold (true story) and asked if we wanted it "microwaved". I'm sure that same manager made other stupid decisions considering how blatantly awful our situation was. That Baker's Square is operating just fine without my family's business. I feel the same about PI, not that many people could have "left to never return to WDW" to matter considering the escalating attendance year over year.

Pumbas Nakasak

Heading for the great escape.
I don't understand the point of, "but what about this", "but what about that". The same situation remains. As long as Disney glamorizes drinking, they are losing a massive demographic. Simple as that. Adding a lounge or nightclub is not what PI did. And Disney frowns on the drunkeness in WS. But if you do that and trip over a kid and hurt them (God forbid) you would deserve everthing that then happens to you.

So what you are saying is that the large, intolerant, vocal non drinkers are far more important than the significantly larger group of those who partake of the devils juice.

May be its just me but I think you may have let personal agenda taint your impartiality.

jt04

So what you are saying is that the large, intolerant, vocal non drinkers are far more important than the significantly larger group of those who partake of the devils juice.

May be its just me but I think you may have let personal agenda taint your impartiality.

You couldn't be wronger. :lol:

Although I do believe glamorizing the "devils juice" by TWDC was a mistake of incredible magnitude. I think they now realize that which is a large reason changes are being made.

Now if Uni wants that market, who am I to judge? :animwink:

chaggy102

You couldn't be wronger. :lol:

Although I do believe glamorizing the "devils juice" by TWDC was a mistake of incredible magnitude. I think they now realize that which is a large reason changes are being made.

Now if Uni wants that market, who am I to judge? :animwink:

They won't change that much....alcohol is a huge money maker...why give up a cash cow...right this is Disney they won't.

maggiegrace1

I am confused...
Are you saying that alcohol is the reason or one of the main reasons that PI was closed?

Also, I am confused to where Disney glamorizes drinking...I have seen more drunk people at POP century by the pool with their kids then I have while walking through WS or PI.

So, I am trying to get what you are saying here because it seems that you are blaming PI's demise on alcohol yet are okay with the drinking elsewhere on property because it is not a night club atmosphere..tell me if I am wrong.

chaggy102

I am confused...
Are you saying that alcohol is the reason or one of the main reasons that PI was closed?

Also, I am confused to where Disney glamorizes drinking...I have seen more drunk people at POP century by the pool with their kids then I have while walking through WS or PI.

So, I am trying to get what you are saying here because it seems that you are blaming PI's demise on alcohol yet are okay with the drinking elsewhere on property because it is not a night club atmosphere..tell me if I am wrong.

That is what he's saying unless he tries to spin it again which he's done multiple times throughout this 21 pages.

jt04

That is what he's saying unless he tries to spin it again which he's done multiple times throughout this 21 pages.

No you just can't keep up I suspect. This thread is exactly where I knew it would be. Some have kept up, some have not. I can't control that. So, if you go back and read the entire thread I think you might "get it". Of course you have to keep an open mind and be open to ways of thinking you may never have considered before but then that is the essence of learning.:wave:

chaggy102

No you just can't keep up I suspect. This thread is exactly where I knew it would be. Some have kept up, some have not. I can't control that. So, if you go back and read the entire thread I think you might "get it". Of course you have to keep an open mind and be open to ways of thinking you may never have considered before but then that is the essence of learning.:wave:

Unlike most I have read this entire thread...that's an hour and a half I'm never getting back. And you're right I need a notebook to take notes at the different stories you spin in this one thread alone...anyway I'm off to work...can't wait to see how ballooned this thread gets while I'm gone.

maggiegrace1

So, then what are you saying?
I am not trying to be an a s s..I am just wondering because from reading the whole thread thats what I am getting..and if I am wrong I would like to know.

Also, just to clarify..I am a huge DTD fan..I love going there several times when I visit and was not a big PI fan at all..not that I had anything against it..just not my cup of tea.....although I do support AC because I know how important it is and how happy it made someone I know..and many many others.

JWG

you have to keep an open mind and be open to ways of thinking you may never have considered before but then that is the essence of learning.:wave:

Well, if Epcot taught us anything, it's that we have very short attention spans, that we'll only learn when by accident and we didn't know it was happening, and the knowledge better come in a fast 3 bullet format.

Sooooooo.... there's no hope here.

:D

jakeman

I am confused...

I'm so confused.

I think I'm getting a nose bleed from thinking to hard.

jt04

Unlike most I have read this entire thread...that's an hour and a half I'm never getting back. And you're right I need a notebook to take notes at the different stories you spin in this one thread alone...anyway I'm off to work...can't wait to see how ballooned this thread gets while I'm gone.

Kungaloosh! :D

Oh wait.......nevermind :lol:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom