Drinking Water Quality

wvdisneyfamily

HORRIBLE! :hurl: The water is terrible! I suggest you get a refillable water bottle with a filter. H2O to go is a good one. A lot of people bring the little packets of water flavor, but when I'm in Orlando and I'm hot and thirsty, I want just plain water.

kadesha

I actually think it's ok. I always refill our bottles at the fountains at the parks. However, it could be terrible, I'm just so hot and thirsty in the Florida sun that I'd drink about anything and it'd taste good!! :ROFLOL:

maryszhi

i live in illiniois in a western sub. of chicago. i am so use to the water, when ever i go out of town i use water bottles to brush my teeth, or to drink . i dont know why. i mean i dont think its that bad when i tasted it this past trip when i was to tired to go to the convienet store at the beach club. but then again, i was tired so maybe i wasnt tasting it enough

krankenstein

I don't mind the taste of the water and I am used to water from a deep well. If you are worried I suggest picking up either the water bottle that has a built in filter or buying the individual bottle packs of Lemonade. Those individual packs do an excellent job of covering up the taste to me.

disneydiva72

Ohhh heavens, Florida water is TERRIBLE...I can actually feel a film on my skin and hair the entire time Im there....I dont feel clean until I get home and shower. My kids wont even brush their teeth with the hotel water, they say it smells weird.

Honestly, I wouldn't drink it. :hurl:

Philo

No no no no no no no no no. The water is horrible. I've only drunk it a few times when desperate but I always take bottles into the park in the morning and then buy drinks through the day. I don't know how true this is but I've heard of people getting ill from the water.

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
No no no no no no no no no. The water is horrible. I've only drunk it a few times when desperate but I always take bottles into the park in the morning and then buy drinks through the day. I don't know how true this is but I've heard of people getting ill from the water.

The water is perfectly safe for human consumption. Sounds like a psychosomatic illness to me.

krankenstein

The water is perfectly safe for human consumption. Sounds like a psychosomatic illness to me.

I agree 100%. The water in Orlando comes from the Floridian Aquifer which is really a lot cleaner and purer source of water than most places that get water from rivers and lakes. I think a lot of people have gotten stuck in there head that tap water = nasty which isn't always true.

Philo

I assumed it was otherwise water fountains wouldn't be installed. It might be an illness associated with different (or differing levels of) chemicals used in treatment (floride for example) or in the natural differences.

Like I said, I've never been ill from it but my stomach isn't that sensitive to such things.

DisneyGigi

I think it depends on what type of water you are used to drinking. I am used to tap water from a well and I do not like the taste of Orlando water at all. (major taste difference) Not only that but it makes my hair feels horrible after I wash it in the water there for some reason, I have to use tons of conditioner.

photoflight

How good is the water in Orlando? I heard it's good. I want your opinions!

Water? Good? In Florida? Sure it is - if it's from a bottle! :ROFLOL:

Safe? Yes. Hard? Yes. It's supposed to be pure, etc etc, all I know is it tastes terrible, leaves nice white crud on everything, and I don't like it.

My $.02

Disneykidder

An $8 filtered portable water bottle that can be reused 200 times seems like a better value than buying $3 bottles of water. Easily packed and can be used from any water source...hotel, water fountain or sink.

We are water drinkers and usually take bottles of water and fill at resorts with ice and water and at water fountains. No way I am spending $40 a day on water in the parks.

scpergj

I don't mind the taste of the water.:shrug: It tastes like .... water.

I don't mind the taste of the water and I am used to water from a deep well. If you are worried I suggest picking up either the water bottle that has a built in filter or buying the individual bottle packs of Lemonade. Those individual packs do an excellent job of covering up the taste to me.

I agree 100%. The water in Orlando comes from the Floridian Aquifer which is really a lot cleaner and purer source of water than most places that get water from rivers and lakes. I think a lot of people have gotten stuck in there head that tap water = nasty which isn't always true.

Add me to this list...the water is just fine.

I live in North Florida, and the water tastes exactly like what I get at home. The reason it feels and tastes different to so many people is that it is from the Florida Aquifer, and the water is very hard (lots of minerals), but it is minimally treated - it's clean as it is.

Try it out...if you don't like it, water is only $2 a bottle at the parks - no problems!

Pumbas Nakasak

Heading for the great escape.
The water is absoloutely bogging, its metallic tasting pond water, even Londons water, which passess through 7 people as it works its way through the citys system tastes better.

Drinking beer saves any problems however.

disneydiva72

If you LIVE in Florida you dont know the difference I have a few friends that live in Fla and think the water is just dandy, when they come up and visit me, they always joke about how good their hair looks.....but if you do not LIVE there, the water sucks. LOL. My father does water filtration for a living and always says to us "Dont drink that water, it will give you a stomach ache" (because of all the minerals that have to be added) Fla is a big run off, that means the good water AND the bad water runs down into Fla.....which is why so many chemicals and minerals need to be used to get it to human consumption.

Fun2BFree

Never had any problem with the water. If I'm thirsty, I'll drink it, but it hardly ranks as a gourmet experience. If you want that sort of water, you pay for it.

automagic

As far as true water quality is concerned, check here:

http://waterquality.ifas.ufl.edu/FAQs/FAQs.htm

As far as how it good it tastes, the reviews are always mixed and it makes more sense that you try it for yourself. If you're on a budget and used to buying bottle water, it's not a bad idea to give up paying almost $2 per bottle and drinking tap water in Florida. Suck it up and save some bucks!:slurp:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom