Drinking Water Quality

MissM

By the way - Zephyrhills "spring water" is from a variety a springs around the state.
Which is why I said, "original spring." They currently source from Crystal Springs (Pasco County), Cypress Springs (Washington County), and/or Blue Springs (Madison County) for the spring water in addition to the original Zephryhills area. I don't drink the "drinking" because it's pretty ick. (And yeah, it's sourced from well and/or municipal supply.)

I understand it's personal preference, but that's what this thread is about. Our personal likes and dislikes on the water. I hate tap water here in Florida. Always have. So I chose not to drink it.
-m

rbrower

Contrary to what has been said in this thread - drinking FL tap water will not give you a stomach ache. That being said - the water in Orlando seems different to me than here in South Florida. We do not have the strong sulfur-like smell that Orlando has, but rest assured, it is safe to drink. Depending on where you are in the state, or if you happen to be on well-water (which leaves the afore-mentioned rust stains on everything) the water taste/smell differs.
Actually, my sister is highly allergic to sulfur, so just the smell of the tap water at Disney World makes her feel sick to her stomach.:(

phlydude

I think why I find Dasani to be good is because it is the same no matter where you go. I have a relative that works for Coke that explained how they do it...
basically, municipal water is filtered to remove EVERYTHING from the water (including minerals). They then add a set blend of chemicals back into the water to make it taste consistent no matter where you get it.

But I tend to find all Nestle water products to be off. Maybe it is growing up in Philly where the water is hard but neutral tasting. But I like Poland Spring the best...

Phonedave

That's a very interesting observation! I never thought about it before.

First, I'm trying to remember whether I agree with your assessments. Since I don't mind the water there, it's difficult for me to recall.

However, if I accept your assessments, then it could also be geographical (as opposed to age) related. AK if furthest south/west, whereas MK is furthest north/east.

While I am not 100% certain about this, I would hazard a guess that WDW does not have a central filtration plant in each park for its water fountains. The water comming into the parks from the municipal supply is allready potable - its municipal water. Most fountain beverage machines, water fountains, and ice makers have an inline filter in the device.

I doubt it has anything to do with either location or age of the park, but more about maintainence schedules on the filters.

If course I could be wrong, knowing Disney they could have a giant filtration plant down in the Utilidors for all I know.

-dave

LetsGoAgain

The FL water tastes bad and smells bad. My 18 month old had a terribly upset stomach during our trip and I think it might have been from the water. Her sensitive stomach didn't agree with something down there and it could have been the water but I am not certain.

Elonwy

I think why I find Dasani to be good is because it is the same no matter where you go. I have a relative that works for Coke that explained how they do it...
basically, municipal water is filtered to remove EVERYTHING from the water (including minerals). They then add a set blend of chemicals back into the water to make it taste consistent no matter where you get it.

But I tend to find all Nestle water products to be off. Maybe it is growing up in Philly where the water is hard but neutral tasting. But I like Poland Spring the best...

I find the Nestle bottled water to be "Off" as well. Actually my boyfriend and I bought two bottles for a road trip and both opened them, had a drink and got a horrible look on our face.

It was disgusting. I looked on the bottle to see if there was an expiration date or anything and found that it said it was bottled in Walkerton....this is a BAD thing in Canada.

Walkerton is a town pop. around 5000 and about 2500 residents got the E.coli virus from the water on one long Canada Day weekend. 9 people died and clean up of the water system cost around $150 million.

Not where you want your water to be from

jonnyc

UK guests will probably find Fla water disgusting. Its not as cool as what we're used to! And it has a funny taste imo!Bottled water all the way!

Very true. To be fair, our water is pretty nice over here, especially when chilled. For lack of scientific language, Florida water seems a bit foamy (whether thats because of the taps or the water i dont know lol).

On another note, and maybe this will just apply to non-US people, don't you find the bread really sweet? Which i personally, don't really like.

phlydude

Unless your in the UK where it has been banned because it was found to increase the risk of cancer!

Interesting...never heard about this in the states...
Who knows how much bromate is in their water here and what the government says is "Acceptable"

If its not the water, it'll be the cell phones that will give us cancer

phlydude

On another note, and maybe this will just apply to non-US people, don't you find the bread really sweet? Which i personally, don't really like.

Yes, bread in the US is sweet...usually has some sugar added to it for the yeast to dine on during proofing.

KingStefan

Very true. To be fair, our water is pretty nice over here, especially when chilled. For lack of scientific language, Florida water seems a bit foamy (whether thats because of the taps or the water i dont know lol).

Yes, bread in the US is sweet...usually has some sugar added to it for the yeast to dine on during proofing.

I was never a bread-eating person before I went to france for a while. I came back hating american bread. I find you can get decent bread around NYC, but the bread served in WDW restaurants in general is not to my liking. It is much too sweet.

phlydude

Plus it is made to last, not be baked this morning to be consumed tonight. It more than likely was made from pre-made dough or pre-made loaves. Their sandwhich bread looks like it is provided by a local bakery.
It doesn't have to taste great, it just has to be good enough for all kinds of people to like it.

That's the problem, everything is made to appeal to the masses as opposed to letting the masses discover what styles they like or dislike and going only to the places they like.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom