Dr. Judd's Diet Talk

garyhoov

Trophy Husband
cherrynegra said:
Do we have to post pics? Can we just say how many lbs we're going for and see if we make or don't make that number? :lookaroun

Sure, you can tell us how you're doing. Just don't expect me put out any cash unless you show us some skin.:lol:

Since I'm still not going to be where I want by Nov., we'll probably be doing it again sometime early next year, so why don't you plan on getting in on that one?

MouseMadness

Yes, there was something about a sword and our Damn ankles? The sword of the damn ankles? I don't remember... :lookaroun

Come on Gordon... join our group!! :sohappy:

garyhoov

Trophy Husband
cherrynegra said:
Well, I'll make a committment to the group that I want to lose 20 lbs by Thanksgiving. I think that's a good goal.

That sounds good. I'm going to try to lose 10 pounds between now and November 1st, but that would be more than I've ever lost over such a short period, so I don't know how practical it is.

MouseMadness

I just grabbed a handful of baby carrots instead of Doritos for lunch. :eek:

I'd better go check my temperature.
1.gif

tigsmom

MouseMadness said:
I just grabbed a handful of baby carrots instead of Doritos for lunch. :eek:

I'd better go check my temperature.
1.gif

Just carrots for lunch? Reminds me of those frozen food commercials... everyone eats junk but the one person who has the tv dinner (whose name I can't remember :lol: )

I had a can (yes the entire can) of Progresso Tuscan Vegetable soup... only 14 carbs/can and very yummy, and a tossed salad with ceaser dsg.

Oh and the ever present iced tea. :slurp:

MouseMadness

Doh! :lol: No... I had a sammich, too. :lol: Normally I have a sammich and chips or soemthing else bad, but today I chose carrots instead. It's all babysteps with me. :eek:

tigsmom

MouseMadness said:
Doh! :lol: No... I had a sammich, too. :lol: Normally I have a sammich and chips or soemthing else bad, but today I chose carrots instead. It's all babysteps with me. :eek:

baby steps are fine as long as you keep going forward.

I just got back from the orchard... $14 worth of fresh eggs, salad fixins,tomatoes, cauliflower, onions, potatoes, garlic, carrots & acorn & spaghetti squash.

And the big bag of apples, can't forget the apples.:slurp:

Going to make porkchops with onions and apples, acorn squash & potatoes for dinner and some no sugar apple crisp for dessert.

I love the fall! :sohappy:

MouseMadness

I bought two bags of apples today. :)

They are now completely covered in caramel and chocolate. :lookaroun (and sprinkles)

:eek:

What?! It's Mallory's birthday! :king:

cherrynegra

That reminds me to go get some apples as well. Just got back from a five mile walk and run around Lake Merced. Feeling good. Not as rigourous a workout as the gym, but traffic was so bad on the way to the gym I said screw the gym and drove to the lake instead.

Going to have vegetables and roast chicken breast for lunch now. :slurp:

tigsmom

Disnut said:
I just had a salad. I am trying to keep up with all this diet stuff but stress gets in the way and then I eat.

I hear ya. The thing is I've finally been able to trade off the bad for the good.
I always have a big salad made up, cut up veggies and the like. For the days I really need the junk I try to keep it to a minimum (like those chocolate covered mint Oreos). I've started buying single serve snacks, they are a little more expensive but it has worked out for us. One small bag of chips instead of the whole big bag.

Manzetti's had single serve caramel that is great for apple dipping... its helped the kids curb their sweet tooth.

MouseMadness

tigsmom said:
I hear ya. The thing is I've finally been able to trade off the bad for the good.
I always have a big salad made up, cut up veggies and the like. For the days I really need the junk I try to keep it to a minimum (like those chocolate covered mint Oreos). I've started buying single serve snacks, they are a little more expensive but it has worked out for us. One small bag of chips instead of the whole big bag.

Manzetti's had single serve caramel that is great for apple dipping... its helped the kids curb their sweet tooth.

Sometimes WAY more! But some things are worth it. :)

I've been buying the same big packages of stuff (mostly for the girls' snacks to take to school, like pretzels, cheeze its, etc) and as soon as I get them home I put them into individual baggies and stash them away. That way they're ready to send to school in the morning, AND if the girls want some at any other time, they don't just plop themselves down with the box or bag and eat through half of it in one sitting. (Lauren has been known to do this on more than one occasion)

Disnut

MouseMadness said:
Sometimes WAY more! But some things are worth it. :)

I've been buying the same big packages of stuff (mostly for the girls' snacks to take to school, like pretzels, cheeze its, etc) and as soon as I get them home I put them into individual baggies and stash them away. That way they're ready to send to school in the morning, AND if the girls want some at any other time, they don't just plop themselves down with the box or bag and eat through half of it in one sitting. (Lauren has been known to do this on more than one occasion)

I have tried that and it works until I want them. Then I get not just one pkg. it is like 2 or 3 pkgs. So like Tigsmon I just get single serving bags. :slurp: It helps me control the munchies (at least sometimes)

DMC-12

It's HarmonioUS, NOT HarmoniYOU.
Mmmm I'm hungry... I think I am gonna go down to Quiznos and get a BIG, meaty sammich. :slurp: :lookaroun

DMC-12

It's HarmonioUS, NOT HarmoniYOU.
garyhoov said:
*makes mental note to kick Jerry's bloated butt in December*

*makes mental note to blow smoke in Gary's face in DEC :lookaroun -- and THEN.. to go drifting with his new BMW* :p ;)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom