Dr. Judd's Diet Talk

garyhoov

Trophy Husband
I'm not where I'd like to be, but I'm ready. I'm going to shave this weekend and see how bad it looks. I won't be able to post my photo until Linda gets back with the camera on July 2nd though.

MouseMadness

garyhoov said:
I'm not where I'd like to be, but I'm ready. I'm going to shave this weekend and see how bad it looks. I won't be able to post my photo until Linda gets back with the camera on July 2nd though.

I'll bet a lot of photos will be straggling in late since I'm sure a lot of people will make 4th of July a weekend long festivity. :) (I know we are!)

MouseMadness

:lol:

Oh, two gym stories...

First, a week or so ago, I was plugging along on the eliptical machine, and COPACABANA CAME ON THE RADIO!!! :eek: :lol: It was all I could do to not fall right off. Thank goodness I wasn't taking a drink of water at the time, I'd have sprayed ten feet in front of me, I'm quite sure of it. :lol: :eek:

Then today, I was on the treadmill, and the guy beside me just struck up a conversation. :veryconfu :lol: It was weird... he asked if I ran 5 or 10 K's. Um, neither? LOL So I was hoping that my obvious lack of interest in running competitively would hush him up, but on he went, lol. Oh well, he was nice enough I guess, I just prefer to have my music blasting in my head to distract me rather than try to make conversation while I suffer. :lol:

tigsmom

MouseMadness said:
Then today, I was on the treadmill, and the guy beside me just struck up a conversation. :veryconfu :lol: It was weird... he asked if I ran 5 or 10 K's. Um, neither? LOL So I was hoping that my obvious lack of interest in running competitively would hush him up, but on he went, lol. Oh well, he was nice enough I guess, I just prefer to have my music blasting in my head to distract me rather than try to make conversation while I suffer. :lol:

He was hitting on ya. have you been out of circulation that long? :lol:

MouseMadness

tigsmom said:
He was hitting on ya. have you been out of circulation that long? :lol:

Yes.

I was suspicious, though, so I threw up the "I have four kids" shield early on in the conversation. :lol: :lookaroun Gets 'em every time. :cool:

figmentmom

MouseMadness said:
Yes.

I was suspicious, though, so I threw up the "I have four kids" shield early on in the conversation. :lol: :lookaroun Gets 'em every time. :cool:

The "My husband's retiring in two years" shield works well, too (you can just SEE them doing the mental math...) :lol:

Debbie

figmentmom said:
The "My husband's retiring in two years" shield works well, too (you can just SEE them doing the mental math...) :lol:

:lol: I love messing with people and watching the wheels upstairs turning! Especially those who don't realize I'm in my 40's.........start talking about grandkids and watch them calculate that I must have had my first child at 12.....it happens to Mary (my helper) all the time. She's 4'10" and weighs 85lbs; she still gets carded and she's 41.

Oh, by the way 25 pounds! :sohappy:

garyhoov

Trophy Husband
Debbie said:
:lol: I love messing with people and watching the wheels upstairs turning! Especially those who don't realize I'm in my 40's.........start talking about grandkids and watch them calculate that I must have had my first child at 12.....it happens to Mary (my helper) all the time. She's 4'10" and weighs 85lbs; she still gets carded and she's 41.

Oh, by the way 25 pounds! :sohappy:

Congratulations!

Just one more week!

garyhoov

Trophy Husband
figmentmom said:
So...was it virtue, or simply a lack of opportunity?... :lol:

Virtue never tested is not virtue at all

There was opportunity out the wazoo, and I was even standing in front of one of the counters looking at the menu at one point.

Ask Vince. I just kept repeating my mantra: July 1st, July 1st, July 1st . . .

figmentmom

garyhoov said:

There was opportunity out the wazoo, and I was even standing in front of one of the counters looking at the menu at one point.

Way to go, Gary! :sohappy:

Debbie

garyhoov said:

Way to go Gary! It gets really tough and I also try to do the same thing.

I hit my 25lb mark but this week has been hard. I had a tooth filled last Friday, and ever since then my jaw has been hurting and I've had earaches. I went to a doctor Tuesday and she said she couldn't see in my ears because they were clogged. hmmmmm...... So I decided to see an ENT yesterday and he said my ears were fine, clear as can be. But I have TMJ. So I read up on it last nite, and there arent' any clear answers, or solutions. Today, it's back to healthy eating, and I hope the past two days, won't take two weeks to make up.....:(

garyhoov

Trophy Husband
Well I shaved off my beard, and, sure enough, there was a big, fat, shapeless, stupid looking face underneath. I've got to lose about 20 pounds this week (half of it in my face) if I don't want to look like a slob on July 1st.

SpongeScott

garyhoov said:
Well I shaved off my beard, and, sure enough, there was a big, fat, shapeless, stupid looking face underneath. I've got to lose about 20 pounds this week (half of it in my face) if I don't want to look like a slob on July 1st.
but don't you feel free.................and naked?

WDWScottieBoy

It's alright Gary. I feel that if I let my facial hair grow I look fat and ugly. So I HAVE to shave at least once every two days or I get all nasty looking.

I'm not sure what I'm at right now, but I think it's still somewhere around 15 under from where I started. :sohappy:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom