Dr. Judd's Diet Talk

JBSLJames

Original Poster
Hey, not bad, Monday weigh in and I have shed 5 pounds. (sneek look on a Tuesday weigh in has another 2 pounds lost). So, 8 days and 7 pounds. Not a bad ratio. :kiss:

tigsmom

I gained 2 lbs. :cry:

I've been walking and they adjusted my meds, but the blood levels still aren't right. Hopefully they will be better next time.

figmentmom

tigsmom said:
I gained 2 lbs. :cry:

I've been walking and they adjusted my meds, but the blood levels still aren't right. Hopefully they will be better next time.

Water? A good friend of mine is diabetic, and one of her biggest frustrations is water retention.

Boo's Mom

I'm in the 140lb range. I'm 19 and 5ft3. Doc says I'm in the healthy range for my age and height but I want to slim up my hips and tighten my butt and abs (got to find my abs first) In the past year, I've gotten a little taller and had a few growth spurts here and there.... :lookaroun College has helped me with my knee problem because I walk almost two miles everyday and I take Noel for a few short walks a day so I'm getting some exercise. This summer, I'm working at Kings Dominion so I'll be doing a lot of bending, lifting, walking, etc so I guess if I stick to this schedule I should be doing fine....right? :lookaroun I'm not ready for this jelly and I'm not bootylicious...yet :lookaroun (that sucked..)

Of course I'm sitting here typing all of this while eating a bowl of Orville Redenbacher's Pour Over Movie theater butter. :lookaroun ....that can't be good :lol:

garyhoov

Trophy Husband
1 Month left!!!!

I'm at the lowest I've been over the year I've been weighing myself, but I'm only slightly below where I was on Oct. 1st.

If I can do as well over the next 4 weeks as the past 4 weeks, I hope to be close to 190. At 190, I should be around halfway between repulsive and not bad.

Is everybody still in?

tigsmom

I think I'm out for this round. :( For some reason my thyroid has decided to stop functioning. They have been playing around with my meds, but it will be at least six weeks before we know if the dosage is right (its been changed 3 times already). Even though I'm working out and watching what I eat, I'm putting weight on.

I'll send in a check to cover my donation.

Just a note: Has anybody seen the new Diet Coke with Splenda? They just arrived in town this weekend. ShopRite has it on a trial basis ... a 20 ounce bottle for 69 cents; the flavor is just a little different, no after taste.

Debbie

My girlfriend has asked me to be a bridesmaid. This is her first marriage and I'm so happy for her. so now at the age of 41; I need to drop 100 lbs by September 17th......

garyhoov

Trophy Husband
tigsmom said:
I think I'm out for this round. :( For some reason my thyroid has decided to stop functioning. They have been playing around with my meds, but it will be at least six weeks before we know if the dosage is right (its been changed 3 times already). Even though I'm working out and watching what I eat, I'm putting weight on.

I'll send in a check to cover my donation.

Just a note: Has anybody seen the new Diet Coke with Splenda? They just arrived in town this weekend. ShopRite has it on a trial basis ... a 20 ounce bottle for 69 cents; the flavor is just a little different, no after taste.

Awww, if it didn't pain me so, I'd give you a *shudder* Huggle.

Linda has Thyroid problems also, but I can't remember what she takes (she gets up at 2 am to take whatever it is.

I'm probably not going to be where I want yet, so I may try for another around November, but I'm sticking to June 1st also (and I'll be clean shaven per my agreement with Scott).

:wave:

garyhoov

Trophy Husband
Debbie said:
My girlfriend has asked me to be a bridesmaid. This is her first marriage and I'm so happy for her. so now at the age of 41; I need to drop 100 lbs by September 17th......

That's pretty ambitious. I'm not sure if my "don't be a pig diet" can achieve those kind of results in that timeframe, so you'll probably have to get some advice from someone who actually knows what they're doing.

MouseMadness

Somebody want to explain to my appetite that we are no longer on vacation? :lol:

It wasn't dessert every day, it was dessert EVERY MEAL! :eek:

Today I play catch up on all my household stuff, then tomorrow we're back to the gym.

figmentmom

garyhoov said:
Is everybody still in?

I'm in! :wave: I'm doing much better. I'm actually starting to look normal now, and small children no longer stop, clutch their parents in terror, and shriek, "Is that a praying mantis!?!" :eek: :rolleyes:

garyhoov

Trophy Husband
figmentmom said:
I'm in! :wave: I'm doing much better. I'm actually starting to look normal now, and small children no longer stop, clutch their parents in terror, and shriek, "Is that a praying mantis!?!" :eek: :rolleyes:

:lol:

It's still pretty easy for me to frightn small children, but I'm more wombat than praying mantis. My big fear is that I tol Scott I would shave, and I always seem to lose weight in my face last.

Barnum looks like he's doing great from the photo he posted in the other thread.

barnum42

garyhoov said:
Barnum looks like he's doing great from the photo he posted in the other thread.
Thanks - though it helps being in character and pushing the jaw forwards - it picks up the slack of the auxiliary chin :lol:

garyhoov

Trophy Husband
barnum42 said:
Thanks - though it helps being in character and pushing the jaw forwards - it picks up the slack of the auxiliary chin :lol:

Go on, go on, I'm taking notes.

(I think I'm going to be doing a lot of jaw thrusting on June 1st:lol: )

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom