Dr. Judd's Diet Talk

tigsmom

Thats interesting about your mom & her co workers. I've found most of the Atkins stuff a little :hurl: . I like the shakes (SlimFast low carb is better) and the mint candy bars. I use the Arnold Atkins bread and its really good, but its different from the Atkins brand bread. It has more "substance" and texture. Not as squishy. (did I make myself clear?)

I try to use fresh ingredients to stay naturally low carb, but sometimes you need a little help on a busy day. I signed up for the newsletter/recipes on the site so I hope they are good.

Splenda has a good newsletter with recipes, also.

Check this out.

The Kraft website has just started a series on low carb and they have a newsletter, too, but its not as good.

AliciaLuvzDizne

i carry splenda packets in my purse lol
in some restaurants, the diet soda really needs help
also i like REALLY Sweet tea and pouring all that sugar is bad

anyways...i was thinking about the comment i made earlier (about how all the low carb stuff is going to make us all sick) Its kinda like when they came out with Olean (anyone remember WOW Lays?) Olean is pumped full of vitamin K which makes most people slave to that porcelain bus :lookaroun
so the olean craze didnt last and i dont think that the low carb product craze will either
we'll see

JBSLJames

Original Poster
Ahhh, Dieters sharing diet tips. This is exactly what I had hoped.

* grabs tissue and wipes away small tear *

I'm so Happy.

On a bread note, the South Beach will allow you to reintroduce bread in phases two and three. It needs to be a whole grain variety but that is fine by me.

:( No more Cheese and Dorito sandwiches on Butternut bread with extra Miracle Whip :( The Doritos were Nacho Cheese in case you were wondering. Mmm Mmm Good.

AliciaLuvzDizne

THERE'S the founder of our little club...
i was going to try to get steve to change the title of this thread to Tigsmom and Alicia's diet talk :animwink:

anywho just a little gym news...
my trainer canceled twice in a row and i just got a phone call from her and she explained that she had a sudden death in her family so while i feel so sad for her, im glad im not getting blown off...
tommorow we're going to assess my current body fat (EEK!) and make a written plan of what we're going to do for the rest of our sessions (21 to go LOL)

in other news...my dress came today (ya know...the whole reason im doing this gym thing ;) ) its at the brides house and im soo excited to see how much its too big already and looking forward to how much i'll have to get it taken in!!:sohappy:

PS lets get some personal information out of the way...
before i started my dieting I was at my heaviest wearing a size 20 jeans, and now im having trouble keeping my size 18's up so im assuming im down to a 16 (thats the size of the last dress i bought...i just cant afford to shop evey time i lose a size LOL):sohappy:

tigsmom

Low carb for me is pretty much going to have to be a life long thing. I remember Olean...:eek: Tried it once & was sick for three days.
I keep Splenda with me, too. I have gotten so used to not using any sweetner in my Iced tea (or hot tea), but if the quality is bad I need a little sweetness.

Speaking of sweetness, I was wondering where our fearless leader was, too. :lol:

I hate the gym...I try to walk everyday. I've got a wedding to go to on July 31st so I've got to be really good. A nice new dress a few sizes smaller sounds just about right. :D

barnum42

Originally posted by tigsmom
I hate the gym...I try to walk everyday.
That's why I stick the ski machine in front of the TV. If I was going to watch the film anyway, may as well do something useful at the same time!
I ususally take a walk on my luch break. Anyhing from one to about four miles.

barnum42

I'm so un coordinated I can't do the arms & legs of the damn NordicTrack at the same time. :rolleyes:

I'm hopeless.
There are non-nordic ones that are easier to balance on. Or the good old excersice bike.

tigsmom

That one has been around for awhile. Its called Eat Right 4 Your Blood Type. The premise is that each blood type requires different nutrients to make the body function properly.

AliciaLuvzDizne

I'm so un coordinated I can't do the arms & legs of the damn NordicTrack at the same time. :rolleyes:

I'm hopeless.

i hear you on that one! the nordic track was HARD!!
i like the elliptical thingy
:-D

AliciaLuvzDizne

went to the gym this morning
did arms and abs with the trainer
so my arms feel like spaghetti and my abs feel fine...i could have probably done more of those. but yeah, i have spaghetti arms
whew

i go again tommorow with the trainer to do legs and who knows what else

JBSLJames

Original Poster
Being rushed for time this morning, I was not able to pack my usual salad (mmm, salad with egg, bacon bits, cheese, grilled chicken, and low card Marzetti Ranch mmmm) so I hit the ol' Wendy's drive through and picked up a double. I asked for no bun and they put it in their side salad container. Pretty good actually. . . no ketchup. Biggie Diet Coke.

For an afternoon snack, I am looking at some Pemican Beef Jerky.

This low carb thing isn't to bad really. Lost 8 pounds to date.

tigsmom

I love Wendy's! Their salads are the best. The Chicken BLT salad ahas 30gms of carbs (with dressing & croutons) which is my lunch/dinner allotment.

They are very good about dealing with special requests.

:sohappy:

AliciaLuvzDizne

yesterday i had some hot dogs for lunch (not the BEST i know, but they were all turkey hot dogs so i guess they werent the worst either LOL)
no buns btw

and for dinner i took some chicken, garlic powder, onion powder, and a sprinkle of breadcrumbs and put it on the frying pan
mmm

right now i thikn im going to go cook a couple of pieces of sausage or canadian bacon and an egg

tigsmom

I just had a cheese omelette with low carb bread and iced tea.

I don't care how bad they are for you, I LOVE hot dogs. :slurp: :lol:
Not the turkey kind either. Its got to be Sabrettes all beef dogs.

AliciaLuvzDizne

Originally posted by barnum42
Looking at the carbs in hot dogs there do not appear to be that many in them.

low carbs but
well
i think hot dogs are the ultimate mystery meat...not to mention all the sodium

:slurp: mmm hot dogs

tigsmom

Originally posted by barnum42
Looking at the carbs in hot dogs there do not appear to be that many in them.

Not really carb loaded, but processed meats are loaded with sodium and god knows what else. I always buy all beef because you never know what all meat hotdogs are made of.
I tend to get Kosher hot dogs, too.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom