Dr. Judd's Diet Talk

tigsmom

Originally posted by AliciaLuvzDizne

yes, subway is totally trying to ride the craze... but notice, they have put warnings on their adkins friendly stuff, because many people are alergic to the ingredents in the bread that make it low carb

Like what? I guess I never gave it much thought....

tigsmom

Thanks. I never really thought that much about it because I have no allergies/sensitivities to any foods. But keep me away from Bees. :eek: :cry:

AliciaLuvzDizne

this might be the dumbest question ever to grace these boards...
but if you're alergic to bees can you still use products with bee polen in them??

tigsmom

this might be the dumbest question ever to grace these boards...
but if you're alergic to bees can you still use products with bee polen in them??

For me the answer is no. I have stomach problems & someone wanted me to use Royal Bee Jelly......I'd have been dead.
I can use honey though I'm not really fond of it.

AliciaLuvzDizne

heyy fellow diet-ers
doesnt anyone diet on the weekends??
:lookaroun
you guys have all been missing for the past few days, im just checkin to see that no one fell off the wagon. :wave:

tigsmom

:wave:

Well I had a bad day yesterday...the kids were at it again. I ate a little more than I should have, but everything was on my plan.

**pours a HUGE glass of ice water to 'flush' things out** :lookaroun

AliciaLuvzDizne

dont let one bad day get you down!!
keep up the good work

i tend to be a little more relaxed with the dieting on the weekends, otherwise i'd just go crazy!!

barnum42

heyy fellow diet-ers
doesnt anyone diet on the weekends??
:lookaroun
you guys have all been missing for the past few days, im just checkin to see that no one fell off the wagon. :wave:
No diets when it's my birthday (yesterday)

JBSLJames

Original Poster
Still firmly on the diet wagon. Although temptations were there, too numerous to count, my wife and I passed with flying colors. Get this, she has lost two more pounds than I have. hmph.

Two of my nephews were Baptized on Sunday and my Brother-in-law had a luncheon afterwards. Oh, the breads looked and smelled so good. But if you take your lunch meat and cheese and wrap it in leaf lettuce, you still get the ole sammich feel. :slurp:

Keep up the good work everyone. Make sure to take your vitamins.

tigsmom

A lot of places are selling lettuce wraps, but I haven't been able to get myself to try them. What I usually do is make a big salad then add some ham, turkey & cheese (chef salad), egg salad, tuna, etc. and have it that way.
Rumor has it that a Cracker Barrel is going to be built about 3 miles away...love their fried chicken salad. :slurp:

AliciaLuvzDizne

Originally posted by tigsmom
A lot of places are selling lettuce wraps, but I haven't been able to get myself to try them. What I usually do is make a big salad then add some ham, turkey & cheese (chef salad), egg salad, tuna, etc. and have it that way.
Rumor has it that a Cracker Barrel is going to be built about 3 miles away...love their fried chicken salad. :slurp:

there's a billboard for a crackerbarrel right accross the street from me... 28 miles seperate me from the best mac and cheese ive ever eaten

THANK GOODNESS:lol:

...not to mention that from school krispy kreme is about 45 minutes away.

mm krispy kreme

tigsmom

there's a billboard for a crackerbarrel right accross the street from me... 28 miles seperate me from the best mac and cheese ive ever eaten

THANK GOODNESS:lol:

...not to mention that from school krispy kreme is about 45 minutes away.

mm krispy kreme

I had never even heard of Cracker Barrel until 2002 when we drove to WDW for the first time. We make a habit of eating there now (which is why Katie says NOOOOOOOOOOO! :lol: ).
I love their mac n cheese, soups and fried chicken. Did I forget to mention the biscuits & corn muffins? :slurp:
Yes having one so close will definately be dangerous to my diet. :lol:

KrispyKreme I had for the first time in WDW at Chef Mickey's. They are good, but I really don't see what all the fuss is about. Entemanns Chocolate Krunch are much better. :confused:
Either way, they're a no-no for now. :(

AliciaLuvzDizne

no i didnt like krispy kreme the first time i had them either....
then they built one 20 minutes from my house. when you actually go in to a krispy kreme store and watch them make the donuts,and then they give you one RIGHT OFF THE BELT
ohh my its a totally different story!!:slurp:

tigsmom

Morning everyone. :wave:

I was just reading the latest Good Housekeeping and there is an add for Carb Options. Its a line of low carb products made by various companies (Breyers, lipton, etc) and it was introducing low carb peanut butter! I haven't seen it yet, but its may work for those of you who like PB. (I'm not one of them). The Breyer's carbOption ice cream is yummy!

There is an entire website devoted to this. It has recipes a newsletter, etc. Might want to give it a look-see.

Check this out

barnum42

I hope they hit the UK with this.

On the subject of peanuts (big carb offender), if you roast pumpkin seeds they make a pretty good substitute.

AliciaLuvzDizne

the carb options fettucini alfredo sauce made me really sick
and ive decided that sauces and dressings are pretty much the only carbs im getting right now so im just gonna use the real things

also
ive mentioned that my mom works at the subway headquarters...with that job come INTERESTING perks... pretty much the HQ employees are the test dummies (LOL) and they tested out a atkins friendly brownie and MOST of the people got sick from it...so im suspicious that things that are MADE to be low carb arent really as good for you as foods that are naturally low carb

just a thought

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom