Dr. Judd's Diet Talk

barnum42

Originally posted by FanofDinsey1981
the gross taste! diet sodas have a strange aftertaste
Strange thing is, that despite having a sweet tooth, I do not like sweet drinks. No sugar in my tea and I only like diet soft drinks.

MouseMadness

Scott's plan sounds dang near fool proof! *thumbs*

:lol:

Glad that summer is over for you, Scott! :kiss: :wave:

I am a stress eater, myself... the second something starts bothering me, I'm at the fridge. I'm trying to correct this, though. If I feel myself getting anxious or upset or whatever, I find something to read, or I draw just to keep my hands and my mind busy. It's getting easier to do that. My problem is that I think I can eat like a teenager still, and while I know I'm still young, I'm a 28 year old who's been through 4 pregnancies. My body doesn't like me anymore. :lol: My first baby step is not eating after 7 at night. So far, so good!

barnum42

The diet soda I am drinking.

I have returned home and am looking at the stats on the label of the Asda own brand soda I am drinking. The sodium level is listed as "Trace".

"Trace" seems low enough to be no problem. Can anyone expand on this?

MouseMadness

Re: The diet soda I am drinking.

Originally posted by barnum42
I have returned home and am looking at the stats on the label of the Asda own brand soda I am drinking. The sodium level is listed as "Trace".

I think "trace" means less than one, so they don't have to put down "one", if your system is similar to ours. Our sodium is listed in mg, my diet sierra mist has 35mg in it, which is 1% of the recommended daily value. (Yes, based on a 2000 calorie diet)

tigsmom

Originally posted by FanofDinsey1981
I was asked that very same question at lunch yetserday, and I will tell you what I told my friend.

the gross taste! diet sodas have a strange aftertaste, and I don't much care for it. so I stick with water.

4 days coke free! and only one almost break down.

Most artificial sweetners have an aftertaste hence the diet sodas, etc. taste funny. Try using items with Splenda; its made from sugar (the carbon chain is scrambled so it has no effect on insulin levels) so there is no aftertaste. I've used in my apple pies and nobody could tell the difference. :D

tigsmom

Re: The diet soda I am drinking.

Originally posted by barnum42

They say we should have no more than 2Gm of sodium daily, less if possible. So trace amounts are negligible. Kinda like a "pinch". :lol:

tigsmom

Originally posted by MouseMadness

I am a stress eater, myself... the second something starts bothering me, I'm at the fridge. I'm trying to correct this, though. If I feel myself getting anxious or upset or whatever, I find something to read, or I draw just to keep my hands and my mind busy. It's getting easier to do that. My problem is that I think I can eat like a teenager still, and while I know I'm still young, I'm a 28 year old who's been through 4 pregnancies. My body doesn't like me anymore. :lol: My first baby step is not eating after 7 at night. So far, so good!

I'm a stress eater, too. I've tried to modify my habits, but its hard. I've changed what I eat when I stressed. No more sandwiches (unless I'm really at the end of my rope). I've got a stock of low carb yogurt, ice creams and the like. If you see me eating cold pizza or spaghetti DO NOT even look at me. :lol:

I've started to crochet again...new afghans for everybody.
That and baby sets. (seems like everyone is having a baby nowadays. )

AliciaLuvzDizne

wow
how did i miss this thread??
i have been low carbing it for months now and have lost about 20 pounds...
and about 2 weeks ago i joined the gym and got myself a personal trainer. i meet with her twice a week for 12 weeks... i have a wedding that im a bridesmaid in that is 14 weeks away...i have a strapless gown to wear

:brick:

ive been meaning to start a sort of "support group" thread but this is great

wish me luck

Legacy

Little tip for those of you with low metobolism... Vitamin B12.

I lost 40 pounds in 3 months before I went to basic by taking that and running every other day.

I still take it to help maintain 205 (I was 240 at one time).

I swear by B12.

AliciaLuvzDizne

Originally posted by Legacy
Little tip for those of you with low metobolism... Vitamin B12.

I lost 40 pounds in 3 months before I went to basic by taking that and running every other day.

I still take it to help maintain 205 (I was 240 at one time).

I swear by B12.

i'll have to keep that in mind

what i notice though, on the days that i go to the gym, all i want to do for the rest of the day is EAT EAT EAT

it drives me crazy
:zipit: i need a gag :lol:

tigsmom

Originally posted by AliciaLuvzDizne
i'll have to keep that in mind

what i notice though, on the days that i go to the gym, all i want to do for the rest of the day is EAT EAT EAT

it drives me crazy
:zipit: i need a gag :lol:

Thats funny, I'm the same way; even though they say exercise cuts your appetite. :rolleyes:

Erika

One of our suppliers sent us a BIG thing of Godiva chocolates today.

You should have seen us 4 ladies back there mowing through them. It was not a pretty sight. There are only a few left, and those would be gone too if one of my coworkers hadn't brought in cupcakes :slurp:

I think I need help. *slinks away*

tigsmom

Originally posted by Erika
One of our suppliers sent us a BIG thing of Godiva chocolates today.

You should have seen us 4 ladies back there mowing through them. It was not a pretty sight. There are only a few left, and those would be gone too if one of my coworkers hadn't brought in cupcakes :slurp:

I think I need help. *slinks away*

You had Godivas & didn't call me!!!!!!!

**puts Erika on my ignore list** :lol:

We have a Godiva outlet by us.....a great place to hang out for a few hours. :lookaroun

AliciaLuvzDizne

Originally posted by JBSLJames
Get this, the local SubWays, in addition to their Adkins Friendly Wraps, are coming out with Adkins Friendly Salads on Monday. You can already get a salad at Subway (had a club salad today with all the peppers, pickles, and Oil and Vinegar Dressing = Low Carb Lunch). Looks like they are just going to use the tag line :rolleyes: as Adkins Friendly :rolleyes:

my mom works for subways legal department at the hq...i used to work there too actually
anyways
yes, subway is totally trying to ride the craze... but notice, they have put warnings on their adkins friendly stuff, because many people are alergic to the ingredents in the bread that make it low carb

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom