Dr. Judd's Diet Talk

DMC-12

It's HarmonioUS, NOT HarmoniYOU.
Originally posted by tigsmom
Uhhmmmmm...no.

Tasteful bathing suit (no speedo) or shorts & tee shirt.

How about some strategically placed landscaping to cover your bits and pieces... or... a table lamp... or a bowl of fruit perhaps (or slices of pizza). :confused: :lol: :lookaroun

speck76

Originally posted by DMC-12
How about some strategically placed landscaping to cover your bits and pieces... or... a table lamp... or a bowl of fruit perhaps (or slices of pizza). :confused: :lol: :lookaroun

Or a Cadillac CTS?

Speck puts a butt print on Jer's hood

(farts in general direction of car too)

DMC-12

It's HarmonioUS, NOT HarmoniYOU.
Originally posted by speck76
Or a Cadillac CTS?

Speck puts a butt print on Jer's hood

(farts in general direction of car too)

Ummmmmm NO! Get your @s$ AWAY from my car! :lol: :fork:

garyhoov

Trophy Husband
Originally posted by barnum42
As long as it’s not against the rules to hold one’s gut in, then put me down for a slice.

:sohappy:

Barnum42
Cherrynegra
Darthdarrel
Figmentmom
Garyhoov
JBSLJames
Merhearted
Mousemadness
Speck76
Tigsmom
TravisM
WDWFREAK53

120$!!! Anyone know anyone else who might be interested?

speck76

Latest government research finds no decrease in obesity rates

CHICAGO -- Despite the sounding of the alarm in recent years, the latest government figures show no decline in the U.S. obesity rate, with 31 percent of adults and 17 percent of youngsters seriously overweight.

The measurements, taken over two years starting in 2001, are about equal to the 1999-2000 figures. In late 2001, then-Surgeon General David Satcher warned about the dangers of obesity.

The latest estimates were based on body measurements of 4,390 adults and 4,258 children. The survey, conducted regularly since 1960, is considered more reliable than studies in which participants report their own girth because people consistently underestimate their weight.

The findings appear in Wednesday's Journal of the American Medical Association.

"The level of obese and overweight Americans remains at alarming levels," said Allison Hedley, a researcher at the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention who led the study.

Before 1999, the results from the National Health and Nutrition Examination Survey were released in large chunks -- such as 1988-94. But because obesity has become such a national concern, the data are being released every two years.

The survey found that obesity rates in several categories between 1999-2000 and 2001-2002 rose slightly, but in a statistically insignificant way. Because the time span is small, it would be wrong to conclude that obesity is leveling off, Hedley said.

Obesity is defined as having a body-mass index of 30 or above. The index is a measure of weight relative to height.

Patrick O'Neil, director of the weight management center at the Medical University of South Carolina, said he was most bothered by the numbers of overweight children.

The study found that 31.5 percent of children ages 6 through 19 were overweight in 2001-02, and 16.5 percent were seriously overweight, or obese.

"We're producing a new generation that's even more vulnerable to obesity and all of its health consequences by virtue of the fact they're starting out more overweight than previous generations," O'Neil said.

tigsmom

A revamped old Weight Watcher's recipe...Easy Chicken Skillet. Every here loves it. Want the recipe? Its very easy.

speck76

That sounds good.

For my birthday one of my Aunts sent me some food from some place that is kind of like Omaha Steaks. Tonight I grilled some Taku River King Salmon. I put some fresh Rosemary on it....very good...the best Salmon I have ever had.

tigsmom

Love salmon with McCormick's Lemon/Basil seasoning. :slurp:

*Makes plans for tomorrow's lunch*

I'll post the chicken recipe in a few. :wave:

tigsmom

Chicken Skillet

Makes 4 servings

12 ounces boneless skinless chicken breast halves, cubed
2 medium carrots, thinly sliced
2 ribs celery, thinly sliced
1 small yellow onion, halved & thinly sliced
1 14.5 ounce can diced tomatoes in juice, undrained
Salt and pepper to taste
1 tablespoon dried basil
Parmesan cheese to taste

Heat a heavy skillet over medium high heat. Add 2 tablespoons of olive oil & cook chicken until browned, stirring frequently.
Add carrots, celery & onions. Cook until vegetables are wilted. Add tomatoes and 1/2 can white wine or water. Add salt & pepper to taste. Add basil. Mix well. Bring to a boil, reduce heat to medium low, cover and cook 5 minutes or until chicken is cooked through. Remove from heat and add cheese to taste.

I like to add some garlic as well. I serve this with orzo, but rice or any other pasta would do. Could also be served as is.
Its low in calories, fat and carbs...if you don't serve pasta or rice.

cherrynegra

All right. So I plunked down $300 for a bike on Sunday and I've already gone bike riding. Had to give it a rest today and do some walking instead. Hope to keep up the bike riding and the walking and cutting out eating crap.

And I just saw some new photos posted on the gayday website from the recent gayday festivities at WDW, and I just want to state that it totally made me feel inferior and that I would like to enter myself IMMEDIATELY for the next Extreme Makeover episode. Screw it!! Let's go for a complete overhaul doctor!! Bring out the super duper industrial size liposuction gear, the pec and bicep implants, the new teeth, the laser hair removal, let's throw caution to the wind and do it all!!:lol:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom