Dr. Judd's Diet Talk

tigsmom

I had heard about that. I used a Britta filter for years, but now have water on the fridge. Most people I know use water purifiers even though they have municipal not personal well water.

MerHearted

Originally posted by tigsmom
I had heard about that. I used a Britta filter for years, but now have water on the fridge. Most people I know use water purifiers even though they have municipal not personal well water.

Brita... my nemesis. :fork: :lol:

DMC-12

It's HarmonioUS, NOT HarmoniYOU.
I just went shoppin.... here *tosses a box of SnackWells into the thread, and watches chaos ensue* :lol: :lookaroun :p

MerHearted

Originally posted by DMC-12
I just went shoppin.... here *tosses a box of SnackWells into the thread, and watches chaos ensue* :lol: :lookaroun :p

Oh yeah? *smokes all of Jer's cigarettes* :p

I'm gonna go lay down now... :lookaroun

tigsmom

Just bought some low carb pudding.....:slurp:
SnackWells have low carb cookies now, but I'm afraid to taste them. :hurl: Don't like any of them that I've tasted. Rather have one real cookie.

** have the windows open tonight (66 degrees) and somebody is grilling steaks...I'm going crazy (and I had TGIFriday steak tonight), They smell soooo good. :slurp: **

speck76

I had read a report once that all of the bottled waters were tested (spring and purified) and that Aquafina, which is sold by Pepsi, came out the most pure.

barnum42

Originally posted by DMC-12
No chaos here in Old Bleighty. Just puzzlement. I guess it's something else that's not made it to our supermarket shelves.

speck76

Has anyone tried the "No Sugar" brownie at the WDW? I know they sell it in Cosmic Ray's....not sure where else.

Anyway...how is it?

tigsmom

Originally posted by barnum42
No chaos here in Old Bleighty. Just puzzlement. I guess it's something else that's not made it to our supermarket shelves.

SnackWell Cookies & Crackers are low fat snack from Nabisco. They were very popular when they first came out a few years ago and the stores couldn't keep them on the shelves. They recently added low carb cookies as well. I never found them to be too tasty. I know alot of people who were disappointed that they gained weight on them...when they took out the fat they added extra sugar (mostly corn syrup) to hold the things together.

IMHO, you aren't missing a thing. :wave:

speck76

SnackWell Cookies & Crackers are low fat snack from Nabisco. They were very popular when they first came out a few years ago and the stores couldn't keep them on the shelves. They recently added low carb cookies as well. I never found them to be too tasty. I know alot of people who were disappointed that they gained weight on them...when they took out the fat they added extra sugar (mostly corn syrup) to hold the things together.

IMHO, you aren't missing a thing. :wave:

If your whole diet is Snackwells...you will gain weight. Like any food, low fat, low carb, or whatever...everything needs to be done in moderation.

I used to have a coworker that was doing a Weight-Watchers like program, and she was none too successful. The problem was she was eating the special pre-portioned food in larger portions....she would eat the meal, plus a few of the snacks for one meal, then a few of the snacks throughout the afternoon.

Cutting back carbs/fat/whatever is only one part of a sucessful meal plan...moderation is the more important part.

JBSLJames

Original Poster
My youngest daughter turns 6 this Saturday and we are having the family over for a party - A NEMO PARTY (after a samll swim party at the Aquatic Center). Anyone have any recipes for a good, low-carb, desert cake, like a cheesecake or something? We will have regular cake and ice-cream for those not doing the low-carb thing but I would like to have something yummy for those of us who are.

Another pound lost this week. I know, I know - a pound isn't much but if I could string together 5 or 40, that would be a good thing.

MouseMadness

I saw one in the grocery the other day, problem is I don't know the brand of it because it was SOOOOOOOO expensive i just walked away. ($10 for a very small looking cheesecake... too much for me) If I am back in there this week I'll check for ya, though. :)

tigsmom

Give me a little while & I'll see how my favorite recipe works out...I know its very low in fat (I'll run it thru the nutrition program for carbs).

Katie has her Sweet 16 party on Saturday...8 teens (plus her dad, sis & I ) going to harry Potter then to Olive Garden for dinner. Do they serve low carb pasta? :lol:

speck76

Give me a little while & I'll see how my favorite recipe works out...I know its very low in fat (I'll run it thru the nutrition program for carbs).

Katie has her Sweet 16 party on Saturday...8 teens (plus her dad, sis & I ) going to harry Potter then to Olive Garden for dinner. Do they serve low carb pasta? :lol:

I love the olive garden. Try the mix grill plate if you are watching carbs.

Skewers of grilled chicken and Italian sausage with a rosemary demi-glace sauce. Served with freshly roasted vegetables and potatoes. 14.25

You can skip the potatoes, or just limit what you eat. The vegtables are zuccini (another that I will eat) and the like.

tigsmom

Originally posted by speck76
I love the olive garden. Try the mix grill plate if you are watching carbs.

Skewers of grilled chicken and Italian sausage with a rosemary demi-glace sauce. Served with freshly roasted vegetables and potatoes. 14.25

You can skip the potatoes, or just limit what you eat. The vegtables are zuccini (another that I will eat) and the like.

I ate there the other day & I don't remember seeing that on the menu. Hmmm. I know some places (like Applebees can pick & choose) I wonder if the Olive garden does the same.

Sounds yummy, I'm going to have to look for it. Thanks :wave:

tigsmom

Originally posted by barnum42
*sigh* Something else that we don't have in the UK :(

Last I heard they were thinking about branching out into the UK, but with the economy the way it is & Darden closing some low grossing Bahama Breezes it may be awhile.

speck76

We get a lot of Darden news, since they are basedin Orlando. They are closing some low grossing Bahama Breeze locations because there is not a craving for island food in the US. They have just opened a smaller format of Bahama Breeze in Pittsburgh that is much less expensive to operate, which is good news.

The focus over the next few years will be on expanding the Smoky Bones chain, which is also good news, they have great ribs. Bahama Breeze will continue to slowly expand.

Darden is still a little gunshy over the whole China Coast fiasco of the early '90's. The don't want to expand Bahama Breeze so fast as to have this happen again. Bahama Breeze needs much more bar revenue to make the concept work, therefore, the concept will only work in certain areas...this is probably why they are so popular in Orlando. :D

tigsmom

Originally posted by speck76
We get a lot of Darden news, since they are basedin Orlando. They are closing some low grossing Bahama Breeze locations because there is not a craving for island food in the US. They have just opened a smaller format of Bahama Breeze in Pittsburgh that is much less expensive to operate, which is good news.

The focus over the next few years will be on expanding the Smoky Bones chain, which is also good news, they have great ribs. Bahama Breeze will continue to slowly expand.

Darden is still a little gunshy over the whole China Coast fiasco of the early '90's. The don't want to expand Bahama Breeze so fast as to have this happen again. Bahama Breeze needs much more bar revenue to make the concept work, therefore, the concept will only work in certain areas...this is probably why they are so popular in Orlando. :D

*cough investor cough*

I'm hoping to try Seasons 52 when we visit in July.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom