Dr. Judd's Diet Talk

barnum42

Originally posted by tigsmom
Not sure about the exchange rates, but I'll take your word for it. I'm not sure what a special Atkins salad is...I go to Subway and get a salad with Atkins dressing.
All of the Atkins stuff is expensive here, thats why we are all on the lookout for low carb stuff from other companies.
Atkins candy bars (very small) go for .99 to $1.29 depending on the store. I liked the Atkins shakes, but SlimFast ones are about $3 cheaper.

and thank god that picture is off the page!
At current exhance rates a small Atkins bar costs about $2.80 and the Atkins salad about $7. Welcome to Rip Off Britain.

garyhoov

Trophy Husband
I'm FAT. FAT, FAT, FAT, FAT, FAT!!

There, I just had to get that out. Now I feel better.

Thank goodness we've still got some time until October 1st.

tigsmom

Plateaus are the hardest part to deal with. You know you haven't cheated. You've done your exercise, but nothing shows on the scale. Its your body's time to adjust. Focus of the weight you have lost. :kiss:

And Gary, I'm fat too. :(

JBSLJames

Original Poster
Thanks, I couldn't remember how to spell plateau.

Had the Chicken and Bacon Ranch Wrap from Subway today with a handful of Spanish Peanuts.

Looking at hitting the Ryan's Buffet tonight prior to VBS. Nothing like having a Steak Buffet and salad for the low carb eater.

Now Speck, your tossing around numbers like 170ish and 180ish, unless you are shorter than 5'5", I would say that those weights are in-line with the fitness guidelines

speck76

Originally posted by JBSLJames
Now Speck, your tossing around numbers like 170ish and 180ish, unless you are shorter than 5'5", I would say that those weights are in-line with the fitness guidelines

I am 5'10-11'', but I am starting to look like I am pregnant again, so my focus is on my abs

JBSLJames

Original Poster
The weights you called out, at your height, are what I have set for an ultimate goal. 175 to 180 even though my wife says anything under 190 would be too thin for me. I hope I have to face that dilema.

I found that one of the best ab workouts is the Tae-Bo series. Nice isolation and all movements center around your, well, your center.

tigsmom

Originally posted by barnum42
And does Subway in the UK do these? Guess what? They don't!

The wraps are great. If I was hungry enough I could eat 2 and still stay below my carb goal. :D

Though a cup of soup is a great addition.

Subway Wraps

Maybe you could talk to the owners of the local Subway and see if they can start serving them.

JBSLJames

Original Poster
Originally posted by MerHearted
I think we should choose what each other wears on Oct. 1. I nominate this for Gary.

0269.jpg

A special gift for Tigsmom. To once again mesmerize you during this, the most trying of times (Thursdays).

speck76

Did you know Subway is the largest fast food chain in the world...even bigger than McDonalds. Anyway, the wraps are great, I love them....without the veggies of course.

garyhoov

Trophy Husband
Originally posted by tigsmom
Having one of those days, Gary?

Having one of those weeks, but I think I broke the cycle.

Here's what happened. On Saturday I sat on the cat. Completely flattened him. His poor little tonge was stuck out like a little pink piece of ham. His eyes were bulging. And I thought to myself.... I wonder if Tigger would look like this if Dumbo sat on him.

garyhoov

Trophy Husband
Hey! I started to post, and I went to get Linda a soda and she posted that, I didn't. She's now cackling like an evil evil she-demon.

garyhoov

Trophy Husband
So what really happened was Linda and Ryan wanted munchies. I told them to go to the store without me. I don't eat a lot of sweets, but I do have a weakness for three things.

1. Ho-Ho's
2. Hershey bars
3. Mrs. Field's Chewy Chocolate chip cookies.

So Linda and Ryan came home with enough of each of those to supply several Volswagen Micro-busses filled with Grateful Dead Fans for 2 or 3 tours.

There's still plenty of them left, but I'm stopping. Tonight I've been good:king: Except for one Ho-Ho and one Hershey bar

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom