Dr. Judd's Diet Talk

tigsmom

Originally posted by WDWFREAK53
You keep talking about tips and nuts in this forum...you're gonna get the shaft!

Go back to the hell thread where you belong...unless you want to pose in a bathing suit too. :eek: :lol:

WDWFREAK53

Originally posted by tigsmom
Go back to the hell thread where you belong...unless you want to pose in a bathing suit too. :eek: :lol:

WOW!!! Hmm...just for this...looks like Mrs. Tigsmom's getting another MSPaint Drawing...and she ain't gonna be happy about it ;)

TravisMT81

so what did yall eat for dinner, I am always looking for ideas on what to make for dinner. Tonight I had a beef roast, salad with Newman's own light balsamic , and a cup of cottage cheese. All together only 7 carbs.

darthdarrel

YAY! I broke my plateau I hit ! For 3 weeks now I could not get passed 265, but I finally got down to 260. I have lost 20 pounds so far! :D

tigsmom

Darrel! Good to see you. Glad you finally broke that plateau...its so easy to get discouraged, but you stuck it out. 20 lbs! :sohappy: :kiss:

garyhoov

Trophy Husband
Originally posted by TravisM
so what did yall eat for dinner, I am always looking for ideas on what to make for dinner. Tonight I had a beef roast, salad with Newman's own light balsamic , and a cup of cottage cheese. All together only 7 carbs.

I've got terrible eating habits, so hopefully someone else can help you with food choice advice. I just try to be less of a pig than I usually am. Last night I had some leftover fried chicken, and I limited myself to 3 pieces. Normally I'd have 5 or 6 pieces, so as long as I can prevent myself from being a pig I should be able to lose weight.

Most people aren't pigs to start with, so it requires better planning than that.

Originally posted by darthdarrel
YAY! I broke my plateau I hit ! For 3 weeks now I could not get passed 265, but I finally got down to 260. I have lost 20 pounds so far! :D

:sohappy: :sohappy: So are you going to reconsider October 1st? You'd make 8 people and $80.

tigsmom

Well it was one of those nights...after living thru a 6 week kitchen/bathroom renovation I was finally happy...then the fridge died. We lost everything in the freezer and alot from the fridge. I didn't have much in the house (today is payday/shopping day.)
We had steamed carrots, homefries & chicken. Not the lowest of carbs, but OK. No salad. I had a piece of no sugar chocolate (leftover anniversary gift. )
The secret (and we all know this) is if you are having higher fat/carb food to have smaller amounts.

Travis, your dinner sounds great. Were you satisfied with it?

TravisMT81

yes I was very satisfied. I actually didn't hungry for once. I also had a glass of the low carb chocolate milk for dessert hehe.

MouseMadness

Okay, so I'm working out more and trying to eat better, half the reason being I don't wanna spend the summer under a t-shirt at the lake, and the other half being I have high cholesterol. (240 is the lowest I've ever been able to get it with decent diet and moderate exercise) Well, one of the things you can try before resorting to prescriptions is taking higher than normal doses of niacin. (Yes, I'm doing this under the supervision of a physician. :animwink: ) However, I upped my dosage a bit too quickly yesterday, I guess, and I got the "niacin burn." :eek: THAT SUCKED SO BAD! I was just driving Kaitlyn to piano, and all of the sudden my skin got SOOOO red and dry and it burned sooooooooo bad! Luckily I knew exactly what it was from, otherwise I think I'd have been so freaked out! :lol: Andy was laughing at me... some bedside manner, HMPH! :mad: Where's the compassion for the patient, I ask!

tigsmom

yes I was very satisfied. I actually didn't hungry for once. I also had a glass of the low carb chocolate milk for dessert hehe.

How did you like the milk? We tried it but I wasn't really thrilled. I'm not a big milk drinker anyway. I've switched to Low Fat Half & Half, its great for coffee, tea and really good in mashed potatoes. (yes you can still have them...just smaller amounts)
My new favorite is the Smashed Cauliflower ( Steamed cauliflower florets mashed and seasoned with parmesan cheese and garlic) at Unos. I'm going to try to make it at home because I could eat twice as much as they give you. :D

Breakfast today...2 eggs and 1/4 cup homefries (leftover from lastnight). And a big glass of ice water. Its finally stopped raining so I have to get out to walk today.

tigsmom

Originally posted by MouseMadness
Okay, so I'm working out more and trying to eat better, half the reason being I don't wanna spend the summer under a t-shirt at the lake, and the other half being I have high cholesterol. (240 is the lowest I've ever been able to get it with decent diet and moderate exercise) Well, one of the things you can try before resorting to prescriptions is taking higher than normal doses of niacin. (Yes, I'm doing this under the supervision of a physician. :animwink: ) However, I upped my dosage a bit too quickly yesterday, I guess, and I got the "niacin burn." :eek: THAT SUCKED SO BAD! I was just driving Kaitlyn to piano, and all of the sudden my skin got SOOOO red and dry and it burned sooooooooo bad! Luckily I knew exactly what it was from, otherwise I think I'd have been so freaked out! :lol: Andy was laughing at me... some bedside manner, HMPH! :mad: Where's the compassion for the patient, I ask!

I remember doing that ! Hated the Niacin, it really bothered my stomach. Another trick is to up your intake of fiber.
Metamucil every day...helps to keep the blood sugar stable, lowers cholesterol and combats the nasty effect of a low carb diet. :lookaroun Where would we be without it? :lol:
My cholesterol was almost 400 when I started . Its now 160. It fell 200 points in 2 months just by going low carb, but I still have to take 10mg of Lipitor daily (the lowest dose). Still trying to get it under 130. (new base for diabetics).

Oh, about that bedside manner...its only good on non family patients. (yep, I'm guilty of that one too. :eek: )

WDWFREAK53

Originally posted by garyhoov
I've got terrible eating habits, so hopefully someone else can help you with food choice advice. I just try to be less of a pig than I usually am. Last night I had some leftover fried chicken, and I limited myself to 3 pieces. Normally I'd have 5 or 6 pieces, so as long as I can prevent myself from being a pig I should be able to lose weight.

Most people aren't pigs to start with, so it requires better planning than that.

:sohappy: :sohappy: So are you going to reconsider October 1st? You'd make 8 people and $80.

Gary...if Darrel makes $80...you can count me in as $90.

JBSLJames

Original Poster
Originally posted by MouseMadness
Where's the compassion for the patient, I ask!

Gee whiz, I sure hope you feel better.

How's that?

As for breakfast, one of the Slim Fast Low Carb Bars and a diet Mtn Dew here. Mid-morning snack of cheese cubes and peanuts. Think I'll have the Subway Wrap today for lunch and dinner will be Pork Loin and Brocoli with cheese.

Travis, try this for a dessert. It is my wife's favorite under this diet: 1 Sugar free strawberry jello with a topping of the chocolate ready whip. Tastes a bit like chocolate covered strawberries. This weekend, I am going to make up some strawberry sauce (fresh strawberries and splenda) and top it with the ready whip. Yum Yum.

tigsmom

Originally posted by JBSLJames

Travis, try this for a dessert. It is my wife's favorite under this diet: 1 Sugar free strawberry jello with a topping of the chocolate ready whip. Tastes a bit like chocolate covered strawberries. This weekend, I am going to make up some strawberry sauce (fresh strawberries and splenda) and top it with the ready whip. Yum Yum.

Don't forget the Entenmann's Low carb butter cake. It goes great with strawberries & whipped topping. :slurp:

Travis, my friend, you've come to the right place if you want ideas for meals and snacks and desserts......:lol:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom