Dr. Judd's Diet Talk

tigsmom

Originally posted by DMC-12
*sets down a box of krispy Kreams in the thread and runs away* :lol: :lookaroun

*sniff...sniff*

Do I smell KrispyKremes? :lol: Good thing they make me sick or I would eat the whole box. :(

Care to join our little group?

DMC-12

It's HarmonioUS, NOT HarmoniYOU.
Originally posted by tigsmom
Care to join our little group?

:lol: Nah... got too much going on as it is.. work deadlines... Satellite system going live this AUG... Contract issues to worry about... Bills, car.. house stuff, AND trying to get my love life going again.... ...I think the addition of trying to stay focused on a diet and work out routine would just throw me off at this point.

Maybe this fall... when things are a bit less hectic, and I can focus on something like this and myself, maybe then I will. :wave:

DMC-12

Originally posted by MerHearted
Oh, I see how it is now. One day, he gives you his leg and the next, he throws you on a curb. Hmph! :( :cry:

When I made my previous post... I said to myself *I know sicko MerBoy is gonna sneak in a leg hump comment* :lol:

Well... lo and behold... you have proved me right ...lol :sohappy: :p

tigsmom

We all have lives (even though you're not used to having a real one yet). Ladies workout at the gym ya know. :D
Nothing more appealing than a guy taking care of himself.....

And Vince...you don't bulk up on KrispyKremes, you pork up.
:rolleyes: (and stay off of Jer's leg or....snip, snip!)

DMC-12

Nothing more appealing than a guy taking care of himself.....

Oh I take care of myself.... just dont go to the gym... OR eat as well/healthy as I would like to. :)

garyhoov

Trophy Husband
Originally posted by DMC-12
Oh I take care of myself.... just dont go to the gym... OR eat as well/healthy as I would like to. :)

Or get enough sleep, or quit smoking, or quit drinking, or prevent mermaids (who have been God knows where) from humping your leg . . .

What do you consider "taking care of yourself", not bathing in acid?:lol:

MerHearted

Originally posted by garyhoov
Or get enough sleep, or quit smoking, or quit drinking, or prevent mermaids (who have been God knows where) from humping your leg . . .

What do you consider "taking care of yourself", not bathing in acid?:lol:

You know, Jerry doesn't look that appealing now... :lookaroun

MerHearted

How many times should you work out? I hear most people talk about a few days a week. So far, I'm finding myself doing it everyday. Is that ok? Or is it too much? I dunno, seems like whenever I'm bored now and have nothing to do, I pick up the weights. I try to go until I can't lift them anymore. I've learned that my right arm is much stronger than my left. My left arm gives out much sooner than my right.

garyhoov

Trophy Husband
Originally posted by MerHearted
How many times should you work out? I hear most people talk about a few days a week. So far, I'm finding myself doing it everyday. Is that ok? Or is it too much? I dunno, seems like whenever I'm bored now and have nothing to do, I pick up the weights. I try to go until I can't lift them anymore. I've learned that my right arm is much stronger than my left. My left arm gives out much sooner than my right.

If you're really doing it right, you should give your muscles 48 hours to recover, that's why Judd suggested you should do lower body one day and upper body the other.

If you really push hard and get to the point where you'll build muscle, your muscles get tiny little tears through them. It's rebuilding those tears that increases the size of your muscles. It takes most people about two days for that process - that's where the 48 hours comes from.

That sore, stiff feeling you get the next day after a good workout is the sign that you're doing it right and your muscles are re-building themselves and getting bigger.

You'll find the more you do, the harder it is to get that feeling even with heavier weights. Your muscles get used to the movements and it gets harder and harder to get results. A good thing to help this is to vary your movements. Don't use the same movements over and over again. Mix them up and try some variations.

That also keeps it from getting boring. Mixing things up and giving yourself 48 hours for recovery are good for building up, but they also help a psychological hurdle. If you did the same thing every day, day after day, you'd get bored and probably stop after awhile. You can't let it become a chore.

Good luck! Keep checking in to let us know how it's going.

garyhoov

Trophy Husband
205.5 this morning, so I held steady over the weekend. If I can be solidly under 205 by Thursday, that'll be two pounds for the week, and then I just have to do that for the next 17 or 18 weeks.:brick:

tigsmom

Gary, as a veteran dieter I've got to say, weighing yourself everyday is going to get to you. Our weight fluctuates daily and there may be times when you lose inches, but not weight.
Once a week weigh ins might be the better way to go. That and judge by how your clothes feel/fit.
Its up to you...just my 2 cents worth. :wave:

garyhoov

Trophy Husband
Gary, as a veteran dieter I've got to say, weighing yourself everyday is going to get to you. Our weight fluctuates daily and there may be times when you lose inches, but not weight.
Once a week weigh ins might be the better way to go. That and judge by how your clothes feel/fit.
Its up to you...just my 2 cents worth. :wave:

Thanks! I know exactly what you mean, and that's why I wasn't jumping up and down when I lost two pounds from Thursday to Friday last week.

The thing is, because of those fluctuations, I want to make sure I have a good, running record to really see what's going on. For example, I'm afraid if I weigh myself every Thursday, it might look like I lost weight when I really didn't. Over enough time, that should even out, but I'm not patient enough to wait.

Also, since I'm not where I want to be, getting on that scale every morning burns it into my brain and gives me more discipline when lunch time comes around.

TravisMT81

Originally posted by SpongeScott
OR you can skip this entire thread, have a massive amount of stress thrown into your life, slip into depression, stop eating, stop sleeping, have no desire for $ex, and drop 20 pounds just like that!

Worked for me last summer and fall.

But I am better now.

that happen to me in college, instead of the gaining the freshmen 20, I lost over 20 pounds YaY!!

tigsmom

Bought my South Beach Diet Cookbook today ($15.99 in BJ's.) Got tired of waiting for it at the library. Somebody has forgotten to return it :)fork: ) and there is a waiting list. Got my stove working (still waiting on a sink & dishwasher) and I'm ready to start cooking. :sohappy:
I got the little South Beach Diet Handbook too ($5.99) to carry in my pocketbook for reference when I shop or eat out.

By the way I've tried the new Atkins Salads & wraps @ Subway...
:slurp: (I'm up to a free meal already. :eek: ) And they know my kids by name.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom