Dr. Judd's Diet Talk

tigsmom

Ive often heard that when you are craving a certain type of food, its your body telling you that its needing some essential vitamin or mineral....

What would the essential vitamin or mineral be in BBQ ribs?:shrug:

Sometimes we just need some comforting, when that happens for me I want mac 'n cheese or pasta with eggs. I usually give in and make one serving and enjoy it slowly.

Maybe the ribs are a comfort food for you. :shrug:

I signed up for WW on line because its easier for me than trudging out to the meetings. They have so many great tools on line as well as access to recipes and exercise programs.
I think it may be easier for me to stick with this than the meeting route.
My new medication is not causing me to gain weight (it actually helps with the loss) so hopefully this time will be a success and not throw me off track.

MouseMadness

Well I'm fat.

I'm trying to be less fat by May 1st, but I think I may have to try to do some creative posing.:lookaroun

I avoided the scale this week. :eek:

I'm in such a bad place right now, mentally. It's just so hard for me to... care, I guess? :shrug: :lol:

*loosens the belt on cranky pants a little bit* :eek: :lookaroun

scorp111

Down 2.2 lbs this week, so 41.8 for the year:sohappy: :sohappy:

This will be my last weigh-in until after the WDW trip. :lookaroun

tigsmom

Its official...5 pounds down this week! :sohappy:

WW on line is so easy to use and once I track a meal I can save it as a favorite and then just drag and drop it in the right place.
I ordered 2 cookbooks from amazon.com that were on sale because the program is very different from 10 years ago when I first tried it.

*has oatmeal and half & half for breakfast = 3 points*

garyhoov

Trophy Husband
Its official...5 pounds down this week! :sohappy:

WW on line is so easy to use and once I track a meal I can save it as a favorite and then just drag and drop it in the right place.
I ordered 2 cookbooks from amazon.com that were on sale because the program is very different from 10 years ago when I first tried it.

*has oatmeal and half & half for breakfast = 3 points*

:sohappy:

I'm really having trouble. For the first time, I'm thinking I might be too embarrassed to post a photo this time:lookaroun .

But I'll still put money in for me and the rest of you.

tigsmom

I'm really having trouble. For the first time, I'm thinking I might be too embarrassed to post a photo this time:lookaroun .

But I'll still put money in for me and the rest of you.

Maybe your body is taking some readjustment time? You've been doing well.
Lets look at your diet...are you eating enough? Sounds crazy, but if you don't get enough calories your body goes into starvation mode and saves everything as fat. Drinking enough water?

Don't feel badly, look at me...I'm still hanging in there and giving it the old college try. :lol:

MouseMadness

I forgot about the money :lol:

I'm doing okay. Got myself working out again, but I REALLY need to eat better! And not just because I have to post a picture of myself.:lol:

garyhoov

Trophy Husband
Maybe your body is taking some readjustment time? You've been doing well.
Lets look at your diet...are you eating enough? Sounds crazy, but if you don't get enough calories your body goes into starvation mode and saves everything as fat. Drinking enough water?

Don't feel badly, look at me...I'm still hanging in there and giving it the old college try. :lol:

I think I'm just a pig.:lookaroun

I think I need to drink more water and eat more vegetables. I had been doing well for a while, but I drifted back to eating fattier things. I haven't been eating a lot, but I've been eating the wrong things . . . and by not eating a lot, I get myself in moods were I just get really hungry, and then I undo several days of being good with one big binge.

Part of it is just getting into the right mind-set. When I feel like I'm not making progress, I should get more serious, but it almost seems harder to focus when I feel like I'm not doing well.

garyhoov

Trophy Husband
So who is in for May 1st?

I haven't completely given up yet, and I'm still working to see what I can lose between now and then, but I'm afraid I'm still going to be too fat.:(

I'll put the money in for me and anyone else who wants to do it, and then I'm going to set another one. . . Nov. 1st should be just before my next trip.:D

garyhoov

Trophy Husband
Well I hit a new short-term low-point this morning.:king:

But I'm still about 12 pounds higher than I was at my best point.:lookaroun

MouseMadness

I had about a week's worth of nutrisystem left, so I'm back to that. :lol: (Actually... seeing what's left I can see my eating habits. All the breakfasts are gone, I have several lunches left, and a whole bunch of dinners. :lookaroun :eek: )

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom