Dr. Judd's Diet Talk

dopey

I have a friend who's sister is a fitness coach or whatever they are called and she told me once that you shouldn't eat at least an hour before and after a workout or you will be miserable when you work out and then if you eat right after you workout- it just makes the workout not as effective as it could have been....

You friend's sister may be right about the before workout thing, but the after part is totally off base. Think about it. Immediately after a workout your metabolism is in high gear. Your body is craving nutrients. If you don't eat within 45 minutes after your workout, you've basically wasted your workout. And your body will start to burn muscle instead of fat.

Aurora_25

All I know is she told me to drink lots of water before and after :shrug: Maybe she was wrong, but I don't work out enough to really know for sure....

dopey

All I know is she told me to drink lots of water before and after :shrug: Maybe she was wrong, but I don't work out enough to really know for sure....

Yep. You should drink at least 10 glasses a day (not eight).

The only advice that will never change... drink lots of water :lol: (but didn't she tell you to drink it during, too? :lookaroun )

Yes, drink during as well! If you're sweating, you need to replenish.

MouseMadness

It's only 9:45, and I think I'm gonna be sick :hurl: :eek:

However, I DID have to put a belt on today, since I bought these pants before Christmas (when they were a little snug)

:)

popsicletrees

I wore a dress this morning that I havent been able to wear in three years. However, I don't think I could wear it tomorrow! I've eaten way too much today!

scorp111

I wore a dress this morning that I havent been able to wear in three years. However, I don't think I could wear it tomorrow! I've eaten way too much today!

I stayed away from Candy......

By eating everything else in the house!:shrug:

I wore a suit that I bought in England 4 years ago on Friday, I haven't worn it in at least 2 1/2!

Aurora_25

Went shopping for a dress for a wedding with my mom on Saturday and I am now a dress size smaller!!!!! I haven't been on the scale in while so this was a wonderful surprise for me :) :sohappy:

garyhoov

Trophy Husband

I stayed away from Candy......

By eating everything else in the house!:shrug:

I wore a suit that I bought in England 4 years ago on Friday, I haven't worn it in at least 2 1/2!

Went shopping for a dress for a wedding with my mom on Saturday and I am now a dress size smaller!!!!! I haven't been on the scale in while so this was a wonderful surprise for me :) :sohappy:

:sohappy: :sohappy: :sohappy:

It's lunch-time. I'm going to be good. I'm going to be good. I'm going to be good.:lookaroun

Hakunamatata

Le Meh
Premium Member
Ive often heard that when you are craving a certain type of food, its your body telling you that its needing some essential vitamin or mineral....

What would the essential vitamin or mineral be in BBQ ribs?:shrug:

scorp111

Another thought, is that it could actually be iron.

Iron-deficiency is quite common.

I am a lacto-ovo vegetarian for the last 8 years. People are always asking me what I do for protein, but iron-deficiency is more of an in issue with vegetarians as a whole.

Except I just take a multi vitamin:shrug:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom