Dr. Judd's Diet Talk

MouseMadness

Tonight I had baked fish, baked sweet potato, and brown rice for dinner (no salad as that was ALL I had for lunch, a big salad with grilled chicken)

And here's the weird thing....

I haven't died yet :eek: :dazzle: :lol:

I actually feel really... GOOD! :eek:

tigsmom

About a week and a half ago I started on a new medication (an injection :hurl: ) and its the first one that hasn't made me gain weight. :sohappy:

I've lost 5 pounds so far and the best part is I'm rarely hungry anymore! :D

*does the happy dance*

scorp111

:sohappy:

I've lost a little over a half pound both of the last two weeks . . . not nearly enough, but moving in the right direction.
Excellent:sohappy:
Tonight I had baked fish, baked sweet potato, and brown rice for dinner (no salad as that was ALL I had for lunch, a big salad with grilled chicken)

And here's the weird thing....

I haven't died yet :eek:

I actually feel really... GOOD! :eek:
:sohappy: Good to know... it can be done:lookaroun

About a week and a half ago I started on a new medication (an injection :hurl: ) and its the first one that hasn't made me gain weight. :sohappy:

I've lost 5 pounds so far and the best part is I'm rarely hungry anymore! :D

*does the happy dance*
:sohappy: Congratulations!

MouseMadness

So weigh in today was disappointing, but I'm not letting myself get too upset about it. I was up a pound. :lol: A pound is easily gained in a matter of hours, for me. :lookaroun :eek:

Anyway, down another half inch on my waist, which is the important thing!! :sohappy:

And some interesting stuff here (even more so since just last night I was telling Andy how, if I have anything other than eggs for breakfast, it seems to set me off on a day long carb binge! :shrug: I hardly ever eat anything bad, even. Yesterday was that weight control oatmeal and some light yogurt and some fruit, which shouldn't be a problem)

So, here ya go :) http://www.beachbody.com/jump.jsp?itemID=629&itemType=CONTENT&path=29

garyhoov

Trophy Husband
So weigh in today was disappointing, but I'm not letting myself get too upset about it. I was up a pound. :lol: A pound is easily gained in a matter of hours, for me. :lookaroun :eek:

Anyway, down another half inch on my waist, which is the important thing!! :sohappy:

And some interesting stuff here (even more so since just last night I was telling Andy how, if I have anything other than eggs for breakfast, it seems to set me off on a day long carb binge! :shrug: I hardly ever eat anything bad, even. Yesterday was that weight control oatmeal and some light yogurt and some fruit, which shouldn't be a problem)

So, here ya go :) http://www.beachbody.com/jump.jsp?itemID=629&itemType=CONTENT&path=29

I weigh myself every day, and I see my weight go up or down by as much as two pounds from day to day.

. . . I think that's why most people suggest that you only weigh yourself once a week . . . so that you see the broader trends rather than the smaller scale fuctuations.

Problem is: If your weight doesn't change much over a particular week, ou could think that you gained or lost more than you actually did based on one data point, so you may have actually lost weight, but you're seeing a gain.

I usually just skip breakfast (and everybody yells at me) but it seems like if I eat breakfast I'm hungry for the rest of the day. If I just skip it, I don't get as hungry.:shrug:

Another thing I've noticed (and I'm curious if anyone else has noticed this) I seem to have more energy and get a better work-out when I'm hungry. I would think that I'd have more energy if I had some carbs in my system, but it doesn't seem to work that way for me.:shrug:

MouseMadness

I can't workout with food in my stomach... I need about 2 hours between eating and a workout.

I eat around 6:30, typically an egg sandwich with 2 egg whites and 2 piece of whole grain bread, and half a grapefruit. Then workout is usually around 8:30, and then I'll have a protein bar or something.

popsicletrees

Since you are lifting weights now that could explain why you are up a lb and down a half inch on your waist. Just remember that muscle weighs more than fat, so your body may gain a few lbs while you are building lean muscle before dropping the weight.

scorp111

Since you are lifting weights now that could explain why you are up a lb and down a half inch on your waist. Just remember that muscle weighs more than fat, so your body may gain a few lbs while you are building lean muscle before dropping the weight.

Exactly!

Or it could be what Gary said too.

I sometimes "check" myself during the week, but I only officially weigh once per year. Yesterday AM, I was dead even for the week. I certainly wasn't as good as I have been over the weekend. I hope to be down maybe .5 pound by Friday.

Aurora_25

I can't workout with food in my stomach... I need about 2 hours between eating and a workout.

I eat around 6:30, typically an egg sandwich with 2 egg whites and 2 piece of whole grain bread, and half a grapefruit. Then workout is usually around 8:30, and then I'll have a protein bar or something.
I have a friend who's sister is a fitness coach or whatever they are called and she told me once that you shouldn't eat at least an hour before and after a workout or you will be miserable when you work out and then if you eat right after you workout- it just makes the workout not as effective as it could have been....

Hakunamatata

Le Meh
Premium Member
I have a friend who's sister is a fitness coach or whatever they are called and she told me once that you shouldn't eat at least an hour before and after a workout or you will be miserable when you work out and then if you eat right after you workout- it just makes the workout not as effective as it could have been....

To be on the safe side, I dont work out...:lookaroun

scorp111

<1.8 lbs this week...........

39.6 for the year, and I am now below my goal for my WDW trip, with two weeks to spare:sohappy:

I will have to eat something celebratory at WDW.

Who am I kidding.... I am going to eat what I want while I am there!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom