Dr. Judd's Diet Talk

scorp111

I have had two good days.... but tomorrow I go back to my house.

If you dont bring food into a hotel room, it can be tough to find anything to eat!

garyhoov

Trophy Husband
I have had two good days.... but tomorrow I go back to my house.

If you dont bring food into a hotel room, it can be tough to find anything to eat!

I find I can lose weight on trips because of that . . .

. . .as long as I can avoid the $8 candy bars from the mini-bar.:lookaroun

garyhoov

Trophy Husband
Determined effort into May :lookaroun

But I'd not want to break my 100% attendance - though all I've done is put on weight over the past year.

Here's what I'm going to do. I'm going to give another 24 hours. If no one posts and says that they definitely want to go on February 1st, I'm just going to delete it and then anyone who wants to be added to May can let me know.

It seems I'm not the only one who has been a bad boy.:lookaroun

But I am determined from here to May, so I'm going to make a real effort here and be ready for May.:king:

I had a salad for lunch. I've been good for the past few days, so I have to just keep going.

scorp111

It seems I'm not the only one who has been a bad boy.:lookaroun

But I am determined from here to May, so I'm going to make a real effort here and be ready for May.:king:

I had a salad for lunch. I've been good for the past few days, so I have to just keep going.

Me too. I actually weighed myself tonight, as a starting point. I am not at my highest point ever, but it has been a good 10 years since I was this high. (OMG)

Anyways... I have a plan....:lol:

scorp111

I must be serious this time. I bought a new scale last night. It measures BMI, Water %, Body Fat, as well as weight, and it tracks your progress in its memory and towards what ever goal you set.

It replaces an IKEA scale we bought in the UK, which measured us in stones.:lookaroun :lol:

MouseMadness

Well, if my scale is to be believed, I've lost two pounds since Wednesday.

:lookaroun :lol: I don't think so. I can only assume that I had two pounds of Christmas ham... and turkey.... and potatoes... and cake.... and cookies... and cheesecake... :lookaroun :eek: lodged in my lower intestine somewhere.

:lookaroun

scorp111

I am down 6lbs since Jan 1st. I am the kind of guy that needs to see progress early, so I have been even more restrictive than usual, just to get things started.

Today was another good day. When I am on the road during the week and stay busy, it is pretty easy.

Tonight I walked to Subway and up and down the 5 flights of stairs in the hotel.:lol:

garyhoov

Trophy Husband
Well, if my scale is to be believed, I've lost two pounds since Wednesday.

:lookaroun :lol: I don't think so. I can only assume that I had two pounds of Christmas ham... and turkey.... and potatoes... and cake.... and cookies... and cheesecake... :lookaroun :eek: lodged in my lower intestine somewhere.

:lookaroun

I am down 6lbs since Jan 1st. I am the kind of guy that needs to see progress early, so I have been even more restrictive than usual, just to get things started.

Today was another good day. When I am on the road during the week and stay busy, it is pretty easy.

Tonight I walked to Subway and up and down the 5 flights of stairs in the hotel.:lol:

:sohappy: I'm trying to decide if I'm actually ready to get on the scale today. I guess I have to start somewhere.:lookaroun

barnum42

One I liked from "Fat Fallacy" - don't eat anything that has an ingredient you can't pronounce :lol:

It's an interesting, if VERY repetitive book. In a nutshell it says:

Take smaller bites, put your fork down between bites and savour the food. Make the meal last longer, which gives your body time to get the full signal to your brain - so you eat less.

Don't be afraid of natural fats - dairy especially. Have the full fat cheese spread on your bagel. Fish is great, white meats OK and red meat try to limit. Natural fats will satisfy your hunger more than low fats, meaning you feel fed for longer and end up eating less therefore consuming fewer calories.

Eat natural things not processed. Don't buy something if you can't say what it is. If the wrapper has to say "product" then avoid. Natural cheese does not come from a aerosol.

Avoid anything with a self life of steel belted radials or that needs an advertising campaign to convince you it's something you should put in your mouth.

He has a big thing against Aspartame (sweetener I see in all the diet soda I have in the fridge) and Olestra.

I've just saved you reading 239 pages ;)

OK - so the author will expand a bit on the theory but that's the general gist.

garyhoov

Trophy Husband
Here's my new plan. Every morning I weigh myself and log it on an Excel spreadsheet. If I can follow all of the following rules on the day before, I'm going to give myself a gold star for that day.

1. No cookies, cakes, doughnuts, pop-tarts or other sugary snacks or deserts.
2. NO CHOCOLATE
3. No beer
4. Maximum 1 non-diet soda per day
5. At least 3 bottles of water per day
6. No fast food except salads, grilled chicken or other healthy options
7. No potato chips, Doritos or other greasy salty snack-foods
8. No Cheeseburgers
9. No french fries
10. at least one fruit per day
11. at least one good sized vegetable serving per day
12. No more than 2 days between gym trips (if I go Monday, I can get the star on Tuesday, and Wednesday, but if I don't go Thursday, no star for that day)
13. Only reduced fat cheese
14. No going out for lunches at work

So if I do all those things, I'll give myself a star for the day. If I mess up on any of them for that day, I won't get the star.

scorp111

If you earn many stars, I think you will definitely see the weight drop....

We use a similar chart with stickers to get my 3 year old toilet-trained.:lookaroun

MouseMadness

If you earn many stars, I think you will definitely see the weight drop....

We use a similar chart with stickers to get my 3 year old toilet-trained.:lookaroun

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Sounds like you are keeping yourself on a very short leash, Gary! But I am pretty much the same, I can't just "have a little bit" :eek: Either none or the whole bag :lol: So right now it's none. :) (I'm still sticking to nutrisystem to the letter, and can honestly say I'm not hungry, and I feel really good :) )

scorp111

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Sounds like you are keeping yourself on a very short leash, Gary! But I am pretty much the same, I can't just "have a little bit" :eek: Either none or the whole bag :lol: So right now it's none. :) (I'm still sticking to nutrisystem to the letter, and can honestly say I'm not hungry, and I feel really good :) )

Absolutely in that category as well. I bought a 5 lb bag of lettuce last Friday though, and I think I have only eaten 3 lbs of it so far:lookaroun

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom