Dr. Judd's Diet Talk

garyhoov

Trophy Husband
If you earn many stars, I think you will definitely see the weight drop....

We use a similar chart with stickers to get my 3 year old toilet-trained.:lookaroun

:lol: Well I'm not making any promises in that area . . .

. . . hey, accidents happen.:lookaroun

:lol: :lol:

Sounds like you are keeping yourself on a very short leash, Gary! But I am pretty much the same, I can't just "have a little bit" :eek: Either none or the whole bag :lol: So right now it's none. :) (I'm still sticking to nutrisystem to the letter, and can honestly say I'm not hungry, and I feel really good :) )

We'll see how it works. I've still got plenty of wiggle room, and I'm sure there will be days that I say: "Screw the star, I'm having a Hershey bar.".:lookaroun

I'm just trying to focus on the bad little habits that I get into and think: "What harm is one little Ho-Ho going to do?" After a while I find myself doing more and more of these things until I'm out of control.

A co-worker brought some cookies in yesterday, and I've been tempted, but I keep stopping myself. I think this may help me focus and avoid all those bad little things that add up over the day.

garyhoov

Trophy Husband
I gave myself my first gold star this morning.:king:

My weight was the same as yesterday, but at least the gold star gives me some reward for being good yesterday, and I know if I keep it up, the weight will come down.

MouseMadness

Yay for gold stars! :sohappy:

I've lost another 3/4 pound since Saturday. :) Not big numbers, I know, but when you only have 10 or so to lose it doesn't go so fast :lol: And I've actually added a little bit to what the nutrisystem plan is, because I refuse to be hungry, however, what I've added has been in the form of either veggies or lean protein. :lol: Nothing exciting. But it's still working *thumbs*

garyhoov

Trophy Husband
Yay for gold stars! :sohappy:

I've lost another 3/4 pound since Saturday. :) Not big numbers, I know, but when you only have 10 or so to lose it doesn't go so fast :lol: And I've actually added a little bit to what the nutrisystem plan is, because I refuse to be hungry, however, what I've added has been in the form of either veggies or lean protein. :lol: Nothing exciting. But it's still working *thumbs*

:sohappy:

I figure if I can lose about 2 lbs per day, I should be at a good weight in about a month.:lookaroun

scorp111

I figure if I can lose about 2 lbs per day, I should be at a good weight in about a month.:lookaroun

You dont weigh what I weigh!

Down 6.6lbs now since the 2nd of Jan.

Today will be a 1370 calorie day when I finish my "dessert" in a little while.:sohappy: :sohappy:

maggiegrace1

Gary..Do you think that if you let yourself have like one piece of chocolate or maybe 2 cookies then you won't crave the things as much?

Just curious because with me I need to have Dove chocolate..so I usually allow myself a piece when Im craving it so that I have that taste and Im okay with it then.

I found if you completely deprive yourself of something you really want then it is so much harder..thats me though..Im just curious..:)

tigsmom

gary..Do you think that if you let yourself have like one piece of chocolate or maybe 2 cookies then you won't crave the things as much?

Just curious because with me I need to have Dove chocolate..so I usually allow myself a piece when Im craving it so that I have that taste and Im okay with it then.

I found if you completely deprive yourself of something you really want then it is so much harder..thats me though..Im just curious..:)

That works for me too. Keepin individual pieces of Dove or Hershey minis makes it easier.

mrtoad

eating them isn't bad, its the not stopping part that you need to work on.

*steals pretzels*

:lookaroun

Oh I stopped alright. They are all gone! Now I have to figure a way to replace them before my wife realizes I ate them all. :lookaroun

It is really her fault you know. I don't buy stuff like this. She is pregnant and is coming home with all sorts of things. She gets a craving and then decides that must be the thing I want for a while and buys tons. Eats two of whatever it is and then the rest just sits there staring me in the face. Some at least are healthy things. I was sent out at about 1:00 am the other night for watermelon. We ate the whole half melon I bought in the middle of the night.

MouseMadness

Oh I stopped alright. They are all gone! Now I have to figure a way to replace them before my wife realizes I ate them all. :lookaroun

It is really her fault you know. I don't buy stuff like this. She is pregnant and is coming home with all sorts of things. She gets a craving and then decides that must be the thing I want for a while and buys tons. Eats two of whatever it is and then the rest just sits there staring me in the face. Some at least are healthy things. I was sent out at about 1:00 am the other night for watermelon. We ate the whole half melon I bought in the middle of the night.

See! I knew I wasn't the only one who can't be trusted to stop after a proper serving amount! :lookaroun :eek:

Nope, just better to not have it in the house for me. :lol:

mrtoad

I agree. This is stuff I would not buy because I know what I am going to do. I seem to do the same with a bottle of wine... :lookaroun

garyhoov

Trophy Husband
You dont weigh what I weigh!

Down 6.6lbs now since the 2nd of Jan.

Today will be a 1370 calorie day when I finish my "dessert" in a little while.:sohappy: :sohappy:

Gary..Do you think that if you let yourself have like one piece of chocolate or maybe 2 cookies then you won't crave the things as much?

The thing with me (and I think one key is everybody has to gear whatever they do to their specific body, metabolism, interests, habits, cravings, etc.) is that I don't really crave sweets. I could take them or leave them.

If they're around, I eat them. More out of boredom than any real craving or desire to eat them. I also have a mindset from my parents that I shouldn't "waste" food, so if we've got doughnuts in the refrigerator that are getting stale, I often have an irrational impulse to eat them (I tell myself that it's better for them to be in a landfill somewhere than around my waist . . . but my parents indoctrination fights my common sense).

I do most of the shopping, so if I just avoid buying sweets and I'm fine. But then Ryan or Linda buy things and I end up eating them. Also one thing that really caused problems was that I bought several hundred full sized Hershey bars for Halloween, and I've been eating those for the past few months along with holiday cookies and chocolate Linda gave me for Christmas etc.

So as long as there aren't sweets in the house, I have no problem, but what I really have to work on is not eating them even when they are there. That's not really a problem for me as long as I focus and keep it in mind. Thinking about May 1st and my little "star system" seems to help me do that.

So far, so good. I've lost 2 pounds over the past week, but we'll see if I can keep it up.:)

MouseMadness

The thing with me (and I think one key is everybody has to gear whatever they do to their specific body, metabolism, interests, habits, cravings, etc.) is that I don't really crave sweets. I could take them or leave them.

If they're around, I eat them. More out of boredom than any real craving or desire to eat them. I also have a mindset from my parents that I shouldn't "waste" food, so if we've got doughnuts in the refrigerator that are getting stale, I often have an irrational impulse to eat them (I tell myself that it's better for them to be in a landfill somewhere than around my waist . . . but my parents indoctrination fights my common sense).

I do most of the shopping, so if I just avoid buying sweets and I'm fine. But then Ryan or Linda buy things and I end up eating them. Also one thing that really caused problems was that I bought several hundred full sized Hershey bars for Halloween, and I've been eating those for the past few months along with holiday cookies and chocolate Linda gave me for Christmas etc.

So as long as there aren't sweets in the house, I have no problem, but what I really have to work on is not eating them even when they are there. That's not really a problem for me as long as I focus and keep it in mind. Thinking about May 1st and my little "star system" seems to help me do that.

So far, so good. I've lost 2 pounds over the past week, but we'll see if I can keep it up.:)

Yay!! :sohappy:

Maybe you could give the chocolate to a coworker or somebody who has kids? :lookaroun

Well, I measured my waist and hips today (those are the only two I'm concerned about :lookaroun ) and of course the 2 and 3/4 pounds have not come off there. :rolleyes: :lol: So this is the point where I have to be sure not to give up. I may take a "cheat day" on Sunday, though.

popsicletrees

Yay!! :sohappy:

Well, I measured my waist and hips today (those are the only two I'm concerned about :lookaroun ) and of course the 2 and 3/4 pounds have not come off there. :rolleyes: :lol: So this is the point where I have to be sure not to give up. I may take a "cheat day" on Sunday, though.

I get easily discouraged when I don't see immediate results, but I've read several things that help to keep me on track by telling me that I didn't put the weight on in a week, so I can't expect to take it off in a week. At times I do feel like I could easily put a significant amount of weight on in a week though. Almost 3 pounds is really good! It is a lot more than I've done this week!

WildcatDen

Finally going the route of Weight Watchers. Now, this is not the Weight Watchers where you go to the 'gathering', but we bought the stuff on-line and are keeping daily tabs on the points. The carb craze worked great when I stuck to it, but once I stopped, the pounds crept back, okay, not crept, sprint like the wind. I started the Weight Watchers at the highest weight I have ever seen. 3 pounds lost so far (1 week) but a long way and a lifestyle change to go. . .

tigsmom

Finally going the route of Weight Watchers. Now, this is not the Weight Watchers where you go to the 'gathering', but we bought the stuff on-line and are keeping daily tabs on the points. The carb craze worked great when I stuck to it, but once I stopped, the pounds crept back, okay, not crept, sprint like the wind. I started the Weight Watchers at the highest weight I have ever seen. 3 pounds lost so far (1 week) but a long way and a lifestyle change to go. . .

Welcome aboard! :wave:

My sister & her son did the WW thing at home and it still works as long as you are motivated. Some people need those meetings. Are you registereds at their site? They have so much support materials there.

barnum42

Having recently read the Fat Fallacy, it agrees with you on the chocolate count - though only on the sort of chocolate that is not full of chemicals. It says the only rule when eating it is not to chew - just let it sit and melt on your mouth allowing you to enjoy the flavour.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom