Dr. Judd's Diet Talk

DarkImage4

garyhoov said:
:sohappy: :sohappy: :sohappy:

I've been stuck for the past few weeks. Not really losing or gaining.

At least it's not gaining....I see as kind of like going to Atlantic City...if I walk out even I'm a winner!

garyhoov

Trophy Husband
I'm still stuck right at 190 (my body seems to know when I'm at a number divisible by 5). This is the lowest I've been, and I'm generally feeling pretty good, but I've still got more to lose. I need to try to bump start it.

How's everyone else doing?

DarkImage4

garyhoov said:
I'm still stuck right at 190 (my body seems to know when I'm at a number divisible by 5). This is the lowest I've been, and I'm generally feeling pretty good, but I've still got more to lose. I need to try to bump start it.

How's everyone else doing?

Had a weekend of cheating...Friday at Hershey PArk on a HS field trip, then a surprise birthday party Saturday night...

I stayed the same at 386, so as I said earlier, it's like going to Atlantic City, if you break even, you're a winner....

MKCP 1985

Hi dieters! Whatever happened to Judd, anyway? Probably off at that roller coaster park near where he lives in Ohio, dreaming of a Kentucky basketball national championship. Dream on, Judd! :lol:

So, I have been at a pretty constant weight forever until just recently. At my annual checkup, I noticed I'd put on 18 pounds in the last 12 months and I'm not liking that trend. I have started a diet and fitness regimen. On Monday, I started 20 minutes of daily "get your heart rate up" exercise, plus the South Beach diet.

It is killing me, but my goal is to lose 10% of my total body weight which would put me back close to where I had generally been for the last decade before the last year. As of this morning, I've dropped 4 pounds.

My quest is to take back the 18. Good luck to all of us. :wave:

tigsmom

MKCP 1985 said:
Hi dieters! Whatever happened to Judd, anyway? Probably off at that roller coaster park near where he lives in Ohio, dreaming of a Kentucky basketball national championship. Dream on, Judd! :lol:

So, I have been at a pretty constant weight forever until just recently. At my annual checkup, I noticed I'd put on 18 pounds in the last 12 months and I'm not liking that trend. I have started a diet and fitness regimen. On Monday, I started 20 minutes of daily "get your heart rate up" exercise, plus the South Beach diet.

It is killing me, but my goal is to lose 10% of my total body weight which would put me back close to where I had generally been for the last decade before the last year. As of this morning, I've dropped 4 pounds.

Hola! :wave:

Judd... well thats a story. He only had access from work as his home time was well spoken for. They blocked most internet sites and that ended his days with us. Recently he discovered that he could once again access Magic from work, but there seemed to be a problem with his original screen name. He reregistered and tried to get back into the swing of things. I haven't seen him around lately so I'm going to guess we're blocked once again.

I've tried the frozeb SB meals (quite good), the wraps, cookies and snackbars...all quite good. I wasn't too thrilled with their cereal, but then I'm not much of a cereal person. I have their cookbook and there are some good recipes to be found there as well.

MKCP 1985

tigsmom said:
Hola! :wave:

Judd... well thats a story. He only had access from work as his home time was well spoken for. They blocked most internet sites and that ended his days with us. Recently he discovered that he could once again access Magic from work, but there seemed to be a problem with his original screen name. He reregistered and tried to get back into the swing of things. I haven't seen him around lately so I'm going to guess we're blocked once again.

I've tried the frozeb SB meals (quite good), the wraps, cookies and snackbars...all quite good. I wasn't too thrilled with their cereal, but then I'm not much of a cereal person. I have their cookbook and there are some good recipes to be found there as well.

I've gotta get my hands on that cookbook. :lol: Three days and prisoners are eating better than I - the frozen meal last night at 10 pm after getting home late from the ball fields was good enough, but not a very large serving size. I am a fan of moderation - my idea of moderate is just a bit larger than theirs. :) Our Barns & Noble just re-opened last week (yes, it took that long to get it back on its feet) so maybe I'll stop there tonight and find the cookbook.

Thanks, Mad. :wave:

tigsmom

MKCP 1985 said:
I've gotta get my hands on that cookbook. :lol: Three days and prisoners are eating better than I - the frozen meal last night at 10 pm after getting home late from the ball fields was good enough, but not a very large serving size. I am a fan of moderation - my idea of moderate is just a bit larger than theirs. :) Our Barns & Noble just re-opened last week (yes, it took that long to get it back on its feet) so maybe I'll stop there tonight and find the cookbook.

Thanks, Mad. :wave:

Add a salad at lunch & dinner. They even have salad dressings, but I just use oil & vinegar or ceasar.

garyhoov

Trophy Husband
MKCP 1985 said:

Good luck! Keep us`posted.

I hit 187.5 this morning - a new low for me - but I'm afraid that might be a short term glitch.

Still, I've got a chance at 180 by July 1st.

garyhoov

Trophy Husband
I'm holding steady at just under 190. I'm going to try to be good today. If I can keep my weight under 189 tomorrow morning, that will be the first time I've had a weekly weight average below 189. Not much progress from last week but at least some.

garyhoov

Trophy Husband
tigsmom said:
Another pound for me, that makes 5! :sohappy:

Gary, step up the ice water, the more you can drink the better.

:sohappy: And I'm working on a bottle right now.;)

I had a "Boca Burger" last night. That's the first time I've tried one of those. It was pretty good.:slurp:

popsicletrees

garyhoov said:

I had a "Boca Burger" last night. That's the first time I've tried one of those. It was pretty good.:slurp:

I live off of Boca Burgers in college! I usually pair it with some whole wheat bread to have a pseudo-burger without the extra calories.

MouseMadness

garyhoov said:

I'm hitting the bottle this morning too! :sohappy:

Er... :lookaroun :eek:

In seriousness, I have not weighed myself in a looooooooong time. I don't have a scale in my house :lol: But I know I'm neither gaining or losing. My pants are telling me :lol: And for me, the way I've been eating and NOT exercising consistently, staying steady is a good thing. But I'm back on now... worked out yesterday and today, and while I hit a minor bump in the diet with a trip to the movie theater, otherwise, things are settling back into place.

MKCP 1985

Hi everyone!

Just checking in. I have been pretty good about not cheating on the diet so far, and the results have been good. I want to lose 18 total pounds, and have lost 8.5 as of this morning. :sohappy: The chore is going to be getting rid of the last 9.5, but I am happy to have shed the 8.5 which represents all of what I had picked up since the first of the year. I am taking the "you didn't gain all that in a month, so don't expect to lose it in a month" attitude toward the last ten.

Now, what to do when I go with my son and the other baseball players and dads to Atlanta this weekend - it is going to be hard not to cheat.

garyhoov

Trophy Husband
popsicletrees said:
I live off of Boca Burgers in college! I usually pair it with some whole wheat bread to have a pseudo-burger without the extra calories.

They don't really feel like real burgers, but they sort of taste like them.:slurp:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom