Dr. Judd's Diet Talk

tigsmom

The South Beach Diet and the GI Diet are not the same... where the GI diet encourages you to eat from the low end of the GI scale at all times, the SBD eliminates many of these food for a period of time. They are both advocating the elimination of the "bad carbs", but go about it in a slightly different way. Neither is truly a low carb diet.

The GI Diet was developed for diabetics, but has been taken up my the general population because it leads to natural weight loss and eliminates the sugar highs & lows that many people suffer from.

PS: set your user options to 40 posts/page and its only 52 pages and easier to read.

garyhoov

Trophy Husband
DarkImage4 said:
Me too! I used to live on Pepto and Tums, now, not so much...

My update:

400.2 to 401.6 last week...
401.6 to 395.4 this week...

I FINALLY MADE IT!!!!! WOO HOOO...UNDER 400!!:sohappy:

My total as of 5/10 is 47 pounds!

Next goal 392 for a total of 50 lbs...

:sohappy: :sohappy: :sohappy:

MouseMadness

DarkImage4 said:

My update:

Congratulations! :sohappy: I believe you are officially our greatest success story :lol: :sohappy:

Just wanted to add (speaking of goals) I still fully intend to have gotten rid of the 10 pounds I had always been planning to by June 1. :) I'm just going to take any extra time you guys will give me to produce photographic evidence :lol: :lookaroun

figmentmom

DarkImage4 said:

My update:

Woo hoo!!! :sohappy: :sohappy:

garyhoov

Trophy Husband
188.5 this morning, so thats a new (barely) low for me. I really want to be below 180 by July 1st, but that will be tough based on my current pace.

How's everyone else doing?

MouseMadness

I was stuck last week (no movement on the scale) but it was a bad week for me. I'm just glad I didn't gain!!

This weekend will be difficult... Memorial day at the lake! :eek: :dazzle: Hamburgers and hotdogs and cookies, oh my! :lol:

garyhoov

Trophy Husband
MouseMadness said:
I was stuck last week (no movement on the scale) but it was a bad week for me. I'm just glad I didn't gain!!

This weekend will be difficult... Memorial day at the lake! :eek: :dazzle: Hamburgers and hotdogs and cookies, oh my! :lol:

Linda's in Pittsburgh this whole week, so it could go either way for me. I don't have her tempting me to go places . . . but I also don't have her stopping me from looping by McDonalds on the way home.

So far I've been doing OK. The people at work are convinced I'll gain 5 pounds without her here to keep me in line, but that just gives me more motivation.:D

DarkImage4

As i hijack this thread again..(sorry)

401.6 to 395.4 two weeks ago...
395.4 to 395.7 last week...
395.7 to 392.3 this week...

I have officially hit goal #2...I'm now at a total loss of 50 pounds!

garyhoov

Trophy Husband
DarkImage4 said:

Good job!!

But not sure why you'd think talking about your diet progress on a diet thread would be hijacking.

tigsmom

DarkImage4 said:

Congratulations! :sohappy:
120103_emA52_prv1.gif

You aren't hijacking at all, this is where we share our news (both good and bad) when it comes to our goals. :lol:

I'm sure you can feel the difference a 50 pound weight loss can make, and I'm sure your lab work reflect the difference. May you happily continue on the road to good health. :kiss:

MouseMadness

Just read this in a magazine:

http://www.newhope.com/news.cfm?news=1714

I was really happy, since grapefruit is one of the very few "good for me" things I never ever get sick of. Next appt. with the doctor, I'm going to ask for my blood work done. I think normally they do it every other year for someone of my age and in good health, but I really would like to see where I am now. And if she won't do it (for insurance or whatever reasons)...

I will have to find another doctor to order it for me. :lookaroun

:lol: :hammer:

tigsmom

MouseMadness said:
Just read this in a magazine:

http://www.newhope.com/news.cfm?news=1714

I was really happy, since grapefruit is one of the very few "good for me" things I never ever get sick of. Next appt. with the doctor, I'm going to ask for my blood work done. I think normally they do it every other year for someone of my age and in good health, but I really would like to see where I am now. And if she won't do it (for insurance or whatever reasons)...

I will have to find another doctor to order it for me. :lookaroun

:lol: :hammer:

I was never a big fan of grapefruits, but I have recently been eating it because its also been proven to help control blood sugars and its low on the GI. Now I have another good reason. Wish I could get Scott to send me some of his surplus! :lol:

Christy, you have high cholesterol/triglycerides right? You should have it checked at least once a year and every three months if you are on medication. The insurance should cover it.

garyhoov

Trophy Husband
DarkImage4 said:
395.7 to 392.3 last week...
392.3 to 386.1 this week...

My new total is 56 pounds!

I've been stuck for the past few weeks. Not really losing or gaining.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom