Downtown Disney

MattyFresh

DTD is a must everytime you go. If you can't find something for everyone on your list there, well then you can't find it. Somehow we always end up spending more time in Tails finding something for the dog then we do in any other store. :lol:

disneytati

You can't take a bus directly from Downtown Disney to the parks! You have to take one to a resort and then go from the resort to the park.Doing that could take up to 2 hours,so you might save some money,but you're losing a lot of time in the parks!!

I've done this maybe 2 times and for someone who values their time in the park,it's just not worth it.Last time I did it I was only doing 1/2 a day at Epcot.We started the day at Sea World then went to Downtown Disney to eat at Earl of Sandwich,then took a bus to the Beach Club which took forever to come, then it had to stop at the other Downtown Disney stop then the Dolphin resort, then the Swan,it took at least an hour and a half.And to come back to Downtown Disney, I think it took longer,it was EMH at the MK and 6 buses came for Mk before one came for Downtown Disney at the Boardwalk bus stop.We wanted to eat at one of the Downtown Disney restaurants but it was so late we skipped it.We have Seasonal passes and come often so we did it since we wanted to eat at Downtown Disney and it was doing something different while saving $10,but it's honestly not worth it!!

I agree. Last year I was at DTD and decided to take a bus to a resort hotel, just to check it, and then to EPCOT, where I was supposed to take my shuttle bus back to Intl Drive. It was cold, and I'd have to wait too much for the shuttle... The ride from DTD to the hotel and then to the park took so long that I missed my shuttle and had to ask for a ride to go back to Intl Drive!!!!

MickeyJman06

Hi, I'm new here so I'm sorry if this is posted somewhere already:

Never been to DTD and was wondering if it was worth going there for the shopping. I also wanted to know where it is in relation to EPCOT

it is worth the shoping, i think because i haven't been there in 2 years!!!:fork:
the relation to it is DisneyQuest

disney_buc

You definately have to experience the magic down in downtown disney, all the food, drinks and the adventurers club makes it a great day or night.:animwink:

themagicofdisne

YOU MUST go to Downtown Disney for shopping...but it is dangerous...haha I spent almost 500 dollars there! they have so many stores and the stores are a bottomless pit of souviniers and more!

You may see things at the park you want...but almost everything you see you can find at Downtown Disney, and there you can do your one stop shopping!

Have fun!

jesserin

Ummmmmmmmmmmm Can I just say Earl Of Sandwhich?! I can't believe of all the things people mentioned this little gem got left out! :lol:

Yummyness!!!

DTD is fantastic. Go Go Go. :)

drdoom1001

I've done this maybe 2 times and for someone who values their time in the park,it's just not worth it.Last time I did it I was only doing 1/2 a day at Epcot.We started the day at Sea World then went to Downtown Disney to eat at Earl of Sandwich,then took a bus to the Beach Club which took forever to come, then it had to stop at the other Downtown Disney stop then the Dolphin resort, then the Swan,it took at least an hour and a half.And to come back to Downtown Disney, I think it took longer,it was EMH at the MK and 6 buses came for Mk before one came for Downtown Disney at the Boardwalk bus stop.We wanted to eat at one of the Downtown Disney restaurants but it was so late we skipped it.We have Seasonal passes and come often so we did it since we wanted to eat at Downtown Disney and it was doing something different while saving $10,but it's honestly not worth it!!

I mentioned Earl of Sandwich,it's honestly one of my favorite counter service places to eat at Disney.This last time I went the place was packed,the line was so huge we almost went to Wolfgang Puck's express,but we stayed and a line I thought might be 20 minutes was like 5-10.They have great sandwiches and other options where everybody leaves happy!!

MDL8981

DTD is great although I try to avoid shopping at the Marketplace at night, especially at the World of Disney store. Just WAY too congested for my liking...you can barely moved in the place.

Other then that its awesome. Ghirardellis!! :) :sohappy:

Figment82

Earl has one of the fastest moving lines I've ever seen. I've seen it wrap the queue 4 times and go out the door, and I've still gotten my food within 10 minutes. People walk in, see the line, and immediately do a 180 and leave. Don't! Seriously, it looks so much worse than it is in reality.

tinkerbell88

Is there a fee to get in downtown disney or is it free to go there? My family are going down there in two weeks because I start the career start program in two weeks and we just wanted to visit it because we have never been. Is there a fee like a park or is it free?

Gorjus

It is free. The only time you have to pay is if you want to enter a club on Pleasure Island. Entering restaurants on the West Side is usually free unless they have special live entertainment. Raglan Road is usually free as well even though it is on PI.

Downtown Disney is in 3 parts:
1. West Side
2. Pleasure Island
3. Marketplace

KimnAbby

If you like shopping even a little bit, then Downtown Disney is worth checking out. My stepdad absolutely LOATHES shopping and sits on a bench while we go in the stores. But even then, there is still plenty of stuff for him to enjoy down there. World of Disney is great and you can usually find whatever you are looking for in there. I bought a really fantastic Mickey Mouse leather bound notebook to use for my reporter's notebook. Best purchase ever!

Plus there is also the giant toy store with the Disney themed potato head accessories! :)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom