Downtown Disney

butterflyminnie

Original Poster
Hi, I'm new here so I'm sorry if this is posted somewhere already:

Never been to DTD and was wondering if it was worth going there for the shopping. I also wanted to know where it is in relation to EPCOT

jiddng

Hi, I'm new here so I'm sorry if this is posted somewhere already:

Never been to DTD and was wondering if it was worth going there for the shopping. I also wanted to know where it is in relation to EPCOT

Oh yes, definitely go to the Marketplace! World of Disney is HUGE, and that's just 1 shop. I always make a stop to DTD on each of my trips, especially since the Ghirardelli ice cream shop is just across the way... :slurp:

You have to check out the Christmas shop, Art of Disney, Basins.... just do it!!!

Craig & Lisa

Oh yes, definitely go to the Marketplace! World of Disney is HUGE, and that's just 1 shop. I always make a stop to DTD on each of my trips, especially since the Ghirardelli ice cream shop is just across the way... :slurp:

You have to check out the Christmas shop, Art of Disney, Basins.... just do it!!!
Don't forget Pleasure Island!! And the Adventurers Club!!:lol: :lol:

DizneyPryncess

Yes yes yes! You have to visit downtown disney. I never miss it when I'm in Orlando. They have a really big world of disney store, a bath & body shop, christmas shop, tons of places to eat, a scrapbooking store, a disney art shop, a house & kitchen store w/all disney type products....it's just amazing for any Disney fan. There's so much to do. :)

I'm afraid I'm not the best with directions, but I don't think Downtown Disney is too far from any of the parks.

CAPTAIN HOOK

DTD has to be experienced at least once - its a fabulous place for shopping eating and drinking - in fact its just like the parks (only without the rides and parades)

Gorjus

Visualize this:

There is a road that goes from All Star Resorts, past Blizzard Beach, Coronado Springs, over World Drive, past the back entrance to MGM, past the entrance to Boardwalk and the Hess Station, past the Carribbean Beach, past Typhoon Lagoon, past Downtown Disney and then vears off to hotel row and ends at the CrossRoads Shopping Center. That is called Buena Vista Blvd.

I'm of the belief that you and your children should write down, during the whole trip, a list of things you see in the shops at the parks that you want. Then, on the last day of you trip, go to Downtown Disney Marketplace. By this time you can narrow your wish list to a few things and get them all at once without lugging them all trip long.

:kiss: :p You can also stop and look at all your Photopass photos and see if it is cheaper to buy photos online at home or there at the parks:p :kiss:

Kman101

Definitely go. I did the gift shopping look around at the parks and then went to DTD and pretty much found everything I wanted and bought it there and only had to carry it to my car.

You can also park at Downtown Disney and ride the busses to the parks ... saves parking (although I have an AP so I get free parking) and driving.

WDWRLD

Just remember that rainy days seem to be packed and Fridays are bad too. You know how those last minute shoppers are....
Also if you want any christmas ornaments personalized go there early in your trip as the turnaround for that service is a few days.

benji

I love Downtown Disney it's a great place to shop and eat. I love the Market Place by day and by night I love the West Side. It's a nice place to take a break from the crowds of the parks. Bongos is my favorite restaurant I love to eat at. Virgin Mega store is a place that I can send hours in. Hope this helps.:animwink:

TTFN-Tiggger

A trip to Disney is not complete for me without a stop here. World of Disney store is a must as well as dining there. Plan to spend a few hours there and you will be glad you did!

butterflyminnie

Original Poster
Thanks guys!

does anyone know if the christmas store sells mouse ear santa hats? I couldn't find one in the parks my last trip, and this time I'm going in september so it's unlikely they'll be selling christmas stuff in the parks:)

drdoom1001

You can also park at Downtown Disney and ride the busses to the parks ... saves parking (although I have an AP so I get free parking) and driving.

You can't take a bus directly from Downtown Disney to the parks! You have to take one to a resort and then go from the resort to the park.Doing that could take up to 2 hours,so you might save some money,but you're losing a lot of time in the parks!!

I've done this maybe 2 times and for someone who values their time in the park,it's just not worth it.Last time I did it I was only doing 1/2 a day at Epcot.We started the day at Sea World then went to Downtown Disney to eat at Earl of Sandwich,then took a bus to the Beach Club which took forever to come, then it had to stop at the other Downtown Disney stop then the Dolphin resort, then the Swan,it took at least an hour and a half.And to come back to Downtown Disney, I think it took longer,it was EMH at the MK and 6 buses came for Mk before one came for Downtown Disney at the Boardwalk bus stop.We wanted to eat at one of the Downtown Disney restaurants but it was so late we skipped it.We have Seasonal passes and come often so we did it since we wanted to eat at Downtown Disney and it was doing something different while saving $10,but it's honestly not worth it!!

RPMdfw

This is incorrect information. They no longer run busses from DTD to the parks, precisely because people were abusing the system this way. Now busses run between DTD and the Resort Hotels only.

Kman101

Oh. Well, I've never done it but I have heard people who have done it. Glad they've stopped that.

Like I said, I get free parking as it is so it would be pointless to do that.

3fordisney

We go every trip to DTD. We usually do most of our shopping at World of Disney. If you have a Disney Visa card, you get a discount at World of Disney. You don't have to use the card to get the discount. All you have to do is show the card and you get it. I didn't know that til I was there and already made a purchase on the card and went back to get something I forgot to purchase. I was going to make my 2nd purchase with cash and the cashier asked if I had a Disney Visa and I said yes, but didn't want to charge my purchase. She said you don't have to use it to get the discount. I was surprised. I got something I had eyeballed in the hotel gift shop for less there on my way out.

The buses run to DTD from the resorts, but not from any of the parks. The parking at DTD is free. It can be hard to find a spot close to the Marketplace side. There are great shops on the West side as well as Marketplace. I've heard of people going to the Christmas store and taking their Christmas card photos in the store. Its great there!

There is so much to do there. I would definitely go there at some point during your trip. We usually make it our first stop in or our last on our way home.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom