Donald Duck's 2nd 100mile Ultra Report

joel_maxwell

Permanent Resident of EPCOT
Hi everyone! Nick has passed the mile 80 mark!! 20 to go! He's staying positive and focused. Said he's never felt pain like this in his life (hard for me to hear but we keep cheering!). Just started walking after mile 72....ran every step up to that point. Keeping well hydrated but having difficulty with solid foods. Hanging in there and finishing strong. Back with more for the last lap!

Joel....we welcome company and I know Nick would love to see you here! We will have pics and video to post when we get back home for sure.

Texas...think there were 70 ppl at the start but definitely no where close to that number on the course now (lots of DNFs).
Awesome. Id love to meet you Alison and actually, love ot meet Nick in person. Known him for awhile on the boards. I figure, anyone that designs me a tattoo, I should meet in person. :lol:

I Texted out of concern and Nick said he is pushing 90. Proud of you Nick. Kep running this *expletive* *expletive* *expletive* race.

Donald Duck

Tonga Toast Killer
Original Poster
Nick has reached 90 miles and just started his last lap!!! Fighting a lot, but is staying as positive as mile 1. Very proud moment in just ten miles. The Machine continues on!!!

fmingo36

So so so proud of you Nick! :sohappy:
Watching you fight through that pain and continue on is inspirational. YOU TRULY ARE THE MACHINE!
Can't wait to see that medal and buckle.
Now enjoy the the next few days of rest.:snore:

Donald Duck

Tonga Toast Killer
Original Poster
Thanks everyone. Full race report to come, but just a teaser:

100.25 miles (yes, I ran an extra 0.25)

21 hrs 28 mins (almost went sub 20 hrs, but more about that later)

39 push ups at the finish line.

Ran hard and fast from mile 1 to 72 with no walking breaks. Stomach issues forced me to a run/shuffle between 72 and 89. I can proudly say I RAN 100+ miles in 21hrs.

Until then...cheers

Victoria

Not old, just vintage.
Nick is done!! Excellent and hauled it at the end. 21:28 sub24-hr!

Ran hard and fast from mile 1 to 72 with no walking breaks. Stomach issues forced me to a run/shuffle between 72 and 89. I can proudly say I RAN 100+ miles in 21hrs.

Until then...cheers

This is absolutely amazing Nick. Such an inspiration to someone like me who is still struggling through 2-3 miles at a time. Congrats on finishing and doing it so quickly. :sohappy:

Donald Duck

Tonga Toast Killer
Original Poster
Official NJ Ultra Festival 100 miles:

16th place, out of 46 runners who did not DNF (about half of the original 70-80 runners dropped and took the DNF).

Time: 21:31:45 SUB 24!

More to come...

dreamfinder

Wow. Congrats on powering through and finishing. Down a few quality beers and rest those feet for a few hours. Maybe even take a day or two off.....

JillC LI

Until then...cheers

Unbe-fr*ickin-lievable Nick. I have been out of pocket all weekend but I just got to catch up on the play by play all at once. I can't think of enough superlatives for what you accomplished this weekend. People use the word "awesome" all the time without much thought, but what you did was truly awe-some. Be proud.

(As for the pushups at the finish line, show off! :D:animwink:

Now enjoy the the next few days of rest.:snore:

Nick rest???????

joel_maxwell

Permanent Resident of EPCOT
Unbe-fr*ickin-lievable Nick. I have been out of pocket all weekend but I just got to catch up on the play by play all at once. I can't think of enough superlatives for what you accomplished this weekend. People use the word "awesome" all the time without much thought, but what you did was truly awe-some. Be proud.

(As for the pushups at the finish line, show off! :D:animwink:

Nick rest???????
Yes, he needs to rest and work on my tattoo for me. :lol:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom