Does Disney make you feel like less of a man?

Is being an unabashed fan of all things Disney less masculine?

• No way, I go all out for Disney and don't care who knows!

Votes: 128 64.3%
  • Yes, I restrain myself a bit but am not happy about it.

Votes: 22 11.1%
  • For the ladies: I think guys really need to throttle back on the Disney.

Votes: 1 0.5%
  • For the ladies: I love aguy who doesn't care and lets his love of Disney show through.

Votes: 48 24.1%

• Total voters
All I wear are my Disney T's and I surf eBay all the time to buy more. Plus my room, car, and computer are all decked out with Disney stuff. I've got an iPod stocked with enough Disney tunes to last me about 2 days nonstop and I love every minute of it.

To quote a Disney song, "You must be True To Your Heart". I've loved Disney since I was a little kid. I didn't really start going to "Fanatic" level until I was in high school. Thats when I started reading forums and books. I started lurking at this site around 2002. And lets just say it got to the point that I moved to Florida just to work for the mouse and the rest is history.

Point being, It doesn't make me feel any less masculine. I'm never ashamed of being a Disney Fanatic. The Magic is in my heart and always will be :D

Chape19714

WHATS NOT MANLY ABOUT PROVIDING YOUR FAMILY THE ULTIMATE VACATION EXPERIENCE AND WANTING TO GIVE IT TO THEM ON A CONTINUAL BASIS. mY KIDS LOVE IT AND SO DOES MY WIFE AND I AM SO HAPPY THAT WE ALL HAVE THIS GREAT PASSION IN COMMON. IF ANYTHING I THINK IT MAKES YOU MORE MANLY AND DEFINATELY MORE "FAMILY" MANLY
CAPS LOCK MAKES ME FEEL MANLY TOO!

:lol: Just kidding, and having some fun.

I tend to love Disney, but sometimes refrain, espically after work.

tmaziarz

best time of year

Hunting season is in the fall and the best time is November, but I would rather be at Disney with my family enjoying the international food and wine festival, and catch the start of Disney getting ready for Xmas.

I will be at the PoP Century NOV 6th - NOV 14t and enjoying every minute of it:wave:

MichWolv

Born Modest. Wore Off.
Premium Member
I love football and hockey, and that doesn't make me feel like more of a man, so I don't see why a love of Disney should make me feel like less of a man.

If enjoyed ballet dancing, scrapbooking, or sewing, I doubt those things would make me feel like less of a man either.:shrug::brick:

does your love of Disney ever make you feel non-masculine
Not at all.
I love Disney. I love listening to the park/attraction audio. I love the characters. It doesn't phase me in anyway if people have a problem with it. Those people just seem to have a problem being a kid again.:D

Vernonpush

Well, Walt was spending his "quality time" with his daughters sitting on a bench watching his daughters ride a merry-go-round, and he came up with an idea where they could ALL enjoy a park TOGETHER. His idea: Disneyland (thus WDW).
If that's not manly, then what is this world coming to?

Disney05

I totally understand where you're coming from. I wear a Mickey shirt almost every day. I have Mickey ties I wear to work. My mp3 is filled with Disney music. My 8yr old daughter makes fun of me. I always have Disney music playing in the house. Though my wife and kid's don't know I post on these kind of sites. You either get it or you don't. Do I feel a little less masculine, I don't know. But I am having fun and I'm not hurting anybody!

OK this is for the guys mainly but does your love of Disney ever make you feel non-masculine? For example right now I am listening to my Disney mix CDs I made (I have 5 CDs so far of Disney tunes and area songs and movie tunes etc.) Anyways I am merrily listening to Winnie the Pooh at this minute and quite enjoying myself. But what if you walked into a male co-worker's office and heard this?

Also for the ladies do you think guys should reel it in a bit and not express their love of Disney as avidly? I have a feeling that alot of people see Disney as for children or for gals as that seems to be where all the marketing goes towards.

by the way this is my 100th post....When I first got on here I couldn't fathom even hitting 50 posts and I wondered how do you guys do it. Now I know.

And so you know Winnie the Pooh is in fact a rumbly tumbly all stuffed with fluff and I don't care who knows!

Being a young woman in middle school (14 years old), I would be ecstatic to see a guy showing their love for Disney. I don't see many men at my school talking about it like I do, and I'd say that it'd make them /more/ of a man if they admit to having such a silly (but fun) obsession.

Although, being in a middle school with "catty" kids, I often do get made fun of for my liking for Disney. I showed a girl I knew what was on my iPod, and she told me, "You have too much Disney music; WAY too much." But the weird thing is, I only had some Mary Poppins songs out of 150+ on it. :shrug:

Yes, I get embarrassed. Do I care? Nope. :D

Paul1084

All I wear are my Disney T's and I surf eBay all the time to buy more. Plus my room, car, and computer are all decked out with Disney stuff. I've got an iPod stocked with enough Disney tunes to last me about 2 days nonstop and I love every minute of it.

To quote a Disney song, "You must be True To Your Heart". I've loved Disney since I was a little kid. I didn't really start going to "Fanatic" level until I was in high school. Thats when I started reading forums and books. I started lurking at this site around 2002. And lets just say it got to the point that I moved to Florida just to work for the mouse and the rest is history.

Point being, It doesn't make me feel any less masculine. I'm never ashamed of being a Disney Fanatic. The Magic is in my heart and always will be :D

That was pretty scary. As I read your post I saw a picture of myself being in the same shoes...

I have also loved Disney since I was a kid and High School is truly when I started going nuts and really going crazy in my room with all of the Disney stuff. I also have my older iPod with all Disney songs that I could pull together from my old CD's. Although seeing that I'm only 17, I didn't move down to Florida or anything :p.

Although, my obsession with Disney doesn't make me feel any less masculine. It's just an obsession like anyone else would have. Some people like cars, some people like sports, others like music, well, I love Disney.

EDIT:

Also, at the Disney Store, they have a slogan for the Adult clothing...

"You don't outgrow magic"

wvdisneyfamily

I am an avid outdoorsman and hunter.
When my wife and I were getting married we went to Disney on our honeymoon( for her)

I am so glad I went and we even go back to disney during hunting season. now.

I LOVED the whole experience, the food, parks, water parks, night life and fire works.

I always tell my frielnds that the parks are only about 45% of what you can do at Disney and dont bother going if you can't relax and be a kid agan.

We watch the free Disney video and look at our pictures of our vacations remembering when we rode that ride or saw that show.

But I dont make tapes of Disney soung to listen to every day !:shrug::zipit::veryconfu:cry:

That is true Disney dedication. Deer season is taboo vacation territory at my house.:ROFLOL:

Disneykidder

From a womens perspective, I can say that I don't think so. I wish my husband were a Disney fanatic, like me. Then we'd have more in common and go there more often. I think it shows a man is fun, adventerous and has a love for life and silly things.

I think men who <3 Disney are awesome!!!!:kiss:

Montyboy

Listening to Pooh music at work!?! It's time to man-up.

But if anyone calls you on it, just tell them you only like Disney for the princesses.
I know last time I was at the Magic Kingdom, I was looking at Cinderella the way a lion looks at an elk.

Texas84

Might want to ask this question over at Shades of Green. Lots of military men over there wearing Mickey t-shirts! :D Not to mention my Dad with his Distinguished Flying Cross from Vietnam and my fighter pilot brother-in-law who left for his third tour in the middle east today. We're all just Disney-silly and proud of it! :sohappy:

GoofyFan1

I go all out. :lookaroun

I get teased at school because I always have something Disney related on, whether it's my ID holder, a pin, sweatshirt...the kids think I'm crazy but always come to me with their WDW reports.

doop

I don't really wear any Disney clothing or anything, but I definitely don't hold back the fact that I love WDW and most things Disney. I could really care less about what other people think, it's something that makes ME happy, and that's all that matters. If someone else has a problem with that, then they've obviously got something in their life that they don't feel secure about.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom