Does Disney make you feel like less of a man?

Is being an unabashed fan of all things Disney less masculine?

• No way, I go all out for Disney and don't care who knows!

Votes: 128 64.3%
  • Yes, I restrain myself a bit but am not happy about it.

Votes: 22 11.1%
  • For the ladies: I think guys really need to throttle back on the Disney.

Votes: 1 0.5%
  • For the ladies: I love aguy who doesn't care and lets his love of Disney show through.

Votes: 48 24.1%

• Total voters

LoriMistress

Anyone that questions their "manhood" at Disney is more likely in denial of their own sexuality (and please don't take it as gay bashing remark; because it's not the case.)

bigedefd

I Love Disney and I don't care who knows it.

I am a Fire Fighter a truck driver and most importantly, I am an Disney Dad!!!
I am very secure with letting my friends know I love Disney. I love sharing time with my family as we plan our next trip. I also am not afraid to admit that my last trip with only one of my daughters, almost made me cry when she saw Mickey in real life for the first time. I think its awesome to see other dads that are having as much fun as I am having with my family. So I am a Disneyphile and I don't care who knows!!!:king:

MeTa

I am too a firefighter, dad, husband. My entire family loves disney. I take it to another level. Can't get enough, and there isnot one bit of me that is afraid to show it.

chinitopoop

well it used to bother me when my friends would crack on me for liking disney so much, but after a while it didnt affect me anymore, in fact I would have them call me up whenever they would plan a trip to disneyworld, and I would become their own personal information agent lol... as far as it bothering me now? not at all, I am a Disney enthusiast and I am proud of that... as for all the girls on this thread that find a man that likes disney, sexy.... well ADD ME on myspace lol....myspace.com/chinolatino..... I'm currently single and 22 yrs old (hate to use wdwmagic as a dating service but would love me a good disney girl lol)
PIC_0607.jpg

KeeKee

well it used to bother me when my friends would crack on me for liking disney so much, but after a while it didnt affect me anymore, in fact I would have them call me up whenever they would plan a trip to disneyworld, and I would become their own personal information agent lol... as far as it bothering me now? not at all, I am a Disney enthusiast and I am proud of that... as for all the girls on this thread that find a man that likes disney, sexy.... well ADD ME on myspace lol....myspace.com/chinolatino..... I'm currently single and 22 yrs old (hate to use wdwmagic as a dating service but would love me a good disney girl lol)
PIC_0607.jpg

Here's hoping you get a big response from all of the Disney girls looking for great guys!

bfbulldog

I don't feel less masculine and am prowd of my love for all things Disney. It probably helps that I'm also 6"2" and 275 lbs, I have several park CD's and compilation CD's that I love to listen to when I'm in the car, I've had several friends comment on how much they like the CD's and how many good memories they have when listening so I've made several dozen copies of them for several friends and family members. End result is, I'm a Disney dad with two little ones and I love Disney and could care less if someone felt I was less masculine because of it.

mitchk

I will admit, sometimes when I tell people I don't really know that I going to Disney World for vacation, I feel a little strange. But you know what, it's my life, and I love Disney. So, I don't feel like any less of a man, I just feel bad for the people who think there too cool for Disney. There the ones that are missing out on all the fun :p

DME

Yes my love of Disney makes me feel less masculine. But it's worth it. My friends think I'm foolish, childish, and slightly feminine. My coworkers think it's funny.... in a sad sort of way. But I feel like I'm the only one in the know and that's fine with me. More magic to share with my wife and kids!

That's exactly how I feel. My extended family thinks it's silly. I would totally rather listen to Disney theme park music instead of the latest top 40 hits. I'm just glad my wife and son enjoy Disney as much as I do.

Tiggerfanatic

It's OK for a guy to spend Sunday afternoon yelling at the TV while a bunch of grown men run around playing a kid's game (and getting paid millions of dollars to do it!) but it's not OK for a guy to love Disney?? I'll take the Disney guy any day! I wish my DH were more into Disney, but bless his heart, he understands my love for it and doesn't care in the least when I leave him at home!!

wedway71

I am an Air Force Combat Vet, a father of 2,married for 18 years, and I LOVE DISNEY AND PROUD OF IT.

I love IASM TOO......

Im a Man and when I go to WDW I wear Mouse Ears too.:wave:

cococola44

OK this is for the guys mainly but does your love of Disney ever make you feel non-masculine? For example right now I am listening to my Disney mix CDs I made (I have 5 CDs so far of Disney tunes and area songs and movie tunes etc.) Anyways I am merrily listening to Winnie the Pooh at this minute and quite enjoying myself. But what if you walked into a male co-worker's office and heard this?

Also for the ladies do you think guys should reel it in a bit and not express their love of Disney as avidly? I have a feeling that alot of people see Disney as for children or for gals as that seems to be where all the marketing goes towards.

by the way this is my 100th post....When I first got on here I couldn't fathom even hitting 50 posts and I wondered how do you guys do it. Now I know.

And so you know Winnie the Pooh is in fact a rumbly tumbly all stuffed with fluff and I don't care who knows!

I Met my husband in disney =)

Kristamouse

We have video evidence my husband and precived notions of masculnity in EPCOT when he was supposed to be filiming my 2 year old little girl meeting Belle. Instead we got a shot of Belle's bust! He did pan to my little girl and Belle, eventually. We crack up whenever we watch that video. Daddy though Belle was nice too:goodnevil

dsnyfreak

any woman who complains abut her husband or bf being a disney freak should be thrown to the curb. my husband enjoys it .....only to sit and watch everyone else have fun.:brick: what is that? :veryconfunow if he loved it as much as all of you guys I'd have it made. did you hear of the guy a few years ago who had been to EVERY park ever made and had disney tats all over his body and even his entire house was decked to the nines with disney including his daughters room who actually moved in with her mom because he would not let her change it. he's been married 6 times last I heard:eek:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom