Do you think that Disney world will reclose its gates due to the rising number of COVID cases in Florida and around the country?

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Quick google:

Defence and defense are both correct ways to spell the same word. The difference between them, the fact that one's spelled with a “c” and the other with an “s”, comes down to the part of the world in which they are used. In the United States, people spell it with an “s”
I know. I was being facetious.

We still spell it correctly mind.

Isn’t google an American company?

And fun fact. iPadOS refuses to auto correct google with a capital G.

milordsloth

I know. I was being facetious.

We still spell it correctly mind.

Isn’t google an American company?

Haha fair enough. Google is American, I guess that is relevant because it says "defense" is a correct way to spell the word? Americans like to be different, doesnt mean it is wrong haha

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member

“The World Health Organization (WHO) is suspending its trials of the anti-malarial drug hydroxychloroquine.

Some early studies suggested that the drug might be able to shorten the duration of symptoms experienced by coronavirus patients and it was praised by US President Donald Trump and Brazil's leader, Jair Bolsonaro, who both said they took it as a preventative measure.

However, the WHO said in a statement released on Saturday that its trials showed that hydroxychloroquine "produced little or no reduction in the mortality of hospitalized Covid-19 patients".

The WHO said its decision would not affect trials of the drug on patients who are not in hospital, but that investigators would stop those on hospitalised patients "with immediate effect".”

-BBC News

Millionaire2K

“The World Health Organization (WHO) is suspending its trials of the anti-malarial drug hydroxychloroquine.

Some early studies suggested that the drug might be able to shorten the duration of symptoms experienced by coronavirus patients and it was praised by US President Donald Trump and Brazil's leader, Jair Bolsonaro, who both said they took it as a preventative measure.

However, the WHO said in a statement released on Saturday that its trials showed that hydroxychloroquine "produced little or no reduction in the mortality of hospitalized Covid-19 patients".

The WHO said its decision would not affect trials of the drug on patients who are not in hospital, but that investigators would stop those on hospitalised patients "with immediate effect".”

-BBC News

Reminder: The WHO said there is "no sign of human to human transmission after a study" was done in China. - Turned out to be false

Reminder: The WHO said that "transmission of the virus by asymptomatic people is rare" - Turned out to be false

PS, Study finds hydroxychloroquine may have boosted survival, but other researchers have doubts

Amused to Death

Reminder: The WHO said...

Reminder: The WHO said...
Speaking of disagreements with WHO:

"They [more than 200 scientists] say multiple studies demonstrate that particles known as aerosols — microscopic versions of standard respiratory droplets — can hang in the air for long periods and float dozens of feet, making poorly ventilated rooms, buses and other confined spaces dangerous, even when people stay six feet from one another."

Millionaire2K

Speaking of disagreements with WHO:

"They [more than 200 scientists] say multiple studies demonstrate that particles known as aerosols — microscopic versions of standard respiratory droplets — can hang in the air for long periods and float dozens of feet, making poorly ventilated rooms, buses and other confined spaces dangerous, even when people stay six feet from one another."

Exactly.

carolina_yankee

Reminder: The WHO said there is "no sign of human to human transmission after a study" was done in China. - Turned out to be false

Reminder: The WHO said that "transmission of the virus by asymptomatic people is rare" - Turned out to be false

PS, Study finds hydroxychloroquine may have boosted survival, but other researchers have doubts

Yes, that study suggests (the article you cited showed there are many reasons why the study may not be the good news you think it is) that administering the drug early enough could show some benefit. The article also mentions that the study is not in conflict with earlier studies showing the risks of the drug.

It’s quite possible that what is given early on could be beneficial, while if it is given later, could be extremely dangerous. So, it’s possible that both the WHO and Henry Ford are on to something.

The Henry Ford study is observational, which means absolutely nothing in terms of proving cause/effect. Lots of stuff still to study and figure out. And it needs to be done safely.

Science and medicine aren’t slam-dunk, mic-drop social media posts.

Millionaire2K

Yes, that study suggests (the article you cited showed there are many reasons why the study may not be the good news you think it is) that administering the drug early enough could show some benefit. The article also mentions that the study is not in conflict with earlier studies showing the risks of the drug.

It’s quite possible that what is given early on could be beneficial, while if it is given later, could be extremely dangerous. So, it’s possible that both the WHO and Henry Ford are on to something.

The Henry Ford study is observational, which means absolutely nothing in terms of proving cause/effect. Lots of stuff still to study and figure out. And it needs to be done safely.

Science and medicine aren’t slam-dunk, mic-drop social media posts.

Yeah, The point of me posting THAT article and the WHO past claims... is that you can't always just say a scientist said xyz so xyz is fact. Science even by scientist CAN BE WRONG and CAN BE RIGHT.

If YOU want to feel 1 way about 1 particular study, that is your choice, just as it's others choice to disagree and look at other studies for guidance.

People got this weird proception that everything we know in the world is cut and dry.

Much love and respect.

Touchdown

Science is an non inovative field, new studies can never change opinions, the only truth is found in Classical Greek Physicans writings. Covid is not caused by a virus, it’s due to an excess of blood in the setting of blocked bile. The solution is sitting in a batch of leeches who will remove the blood and unblock the bile.

Repeat after me, science is ever changing and what is thought to be true can always be found to be false if using the scientific method finds it to be so. Currently the MAJORITY of studies suggest that hydroxychorolquine is not effective but research continues. Why exactly do you care specifically about this therapy? Dont you want the treatment most likely to help you?

LittleBuford

Science is an non inovative field, new studies can never change opinions, the only truth is found in Classical Greek Physicans writings. Covid is not caused by a virus, it’s due to an excess of blood in the setting of blocked bile. The solution is sitting in a batch of leeches who will remove the blood and unblock the bile.

35802884082_a6108b6609_b.jpg

LittleBuford

I am not British but American so my spelling of the word is just fine!

In your defence (!), "defense" is actually the older spelling anyway:

It's a myth that American English is any less "correct" than British. Both are perfectly valid forms of the language. (I say this as a Brit.)

SoFloMagic

This thread is heading off a cliff quickly...

EDIT: it's getting so political that its starting to serve political ads based on the content on this very page

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom