Do you think that Disney world will reclose its gates due to the rising number of COVID cases in Florida and around the country?

Hcalvert

I know. I was being facetious.

We still spell it correctly mind.

Isn’t google an American company?

And fun fact. iPadOS refuses to auto correct google with a capital G.
These types of spelling differences used to drive me nuts when I was teaching English in England, especially when grading essays. Interestingly, a lot of kids set their spelling/grammar checker to English (United States) and I had to get them to change it.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Well, that would mean no WDW Magic . . . Gotta filter the wheat form the chaff!
I would say this is not social media...more akin to the old style 90’s chat board combined with an information site.

Much productive than “snapface” or “twixter” or any of the others...
The WHO that just recently had to walk back their mask requirements and have made many major mistakes over the duration of this?
Yeah...but you know who never be a “loser” and decided to pooch it even more?
They are not God, who exactly do you trust then? The guy who suggested you inject bleach into yourself?

It’s not just the WHO, it’s also the FDA, and multiple other research studies, ie a concensus.
Nobody is “god”

And let’s just leave it at that.

Miss Bella

For the most part what I’ve seen is overwhelming support for businesses kicking people out for not wearing masks. Viral videos of the “Karens“ having tantrums and a store employee not backing down get majority positive feedback. I think Disney knows they have the public with them on this.
The Karen's are also people that scream at you for not wearing a mask. Basically a Karen is any white woman that you don't agree with.

InnKpr

The Karen's are also people that scream at you for not wearing a mask.
That's kinda a stretch. Big difference between standing up for your health & the health of others during a pandemic that's killing hundreds of thousands... and demanding to speak to a manager because you see an employee wearing jeans or calling the cops because a minority is entering your condo.

I'll proudly be a "Karen" when it comes to wearing face masks in public.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member

Prince-1

That's kinda a stretch. Big difference between standing up for your health & the health of others during a pandemic that's killing hundreds of thousands... and demanding to speak to a manager because you see an employee wearing jeans or calling the cops because a minority is entering your condo.

I'll proudly be a "Karen" when it comes to wearing face masks in public.

Not one person has been called Karen for a video where they are yelling at someone for not wearing a mask in public. If so we need more Karens.

lilypgirl

You must have missed some of the last pages. Perhaps go back and try them? It’s a fascinating read.
No I read them but it started to bore me so I was just trying to steer the conversation back on topic. Plus I am very curious because I have an upcoming trip planned.

Miss Bella

Not one person has been called Karen for a video where they are yelling at someone for not wearing a mask in public. If so we need more Karens.
Maybe not on this forum but on plenty of others they have. It get go either way depending on which side your on. That has nothing to do with my personal feeling it’s just how people use the meme.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
No I read them but it started to bore me so I was just trying to steer the conversation back on topic. Plus I am very curious because I have an upcoming trip planned.
Don’t we all.. (edited to not sound entitled)

Currently WDW is on track to open at this time.

Last edited:

Jedijax719

If Disney opens, one of two things will unfortunately happen:
1. It will see EXTREMELY low crowds because nobody will want to go.
2. Florida will soon see 20K or more per day of new cases before too long.

When Texas moved from 25% to 50% and some school districts had graduations, I predicted that we'd see a slight uptick in daily cases or, at best, a flatline within 2-3 weeks. Well, within just one week, the daily new cases doubled and within 3-4 weeks they quadrupled.

tissandtully

If Disney opens, one of two things will unfortunately happen:
1. It will see EXTREMELY low crowds because nobody will want to go.
2. Florida will soon see 20K or more per day of new cases before too long.

When Texas moved from 25% to 50% and some school districts had graduations, I predicted that we'd see a slight uptick in daily cases or, at best, a flatline within 2-3 weeks. Well, within just one week, the daily new cases doubled and within 3-4 weeks they quadrupled.
An increase attributed to theme park opening would be very unlikely. More like places that aren’t enforcing any rules.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom