Do you think that Disney world will reclose its gates due to the rising number of COVID cases in Florida and around the country?

Jrb1979

Is this English?
Cause you and @legwand77 keep saying things a getting better, which they aren't, so no measures need to be in place. I have constantly asked you and your buddy why the measures N.Y. and where I live can't be put in place. All I get is no answer just that things are better. šŸ™„.

Things aren't good, people shouldn't be traveling to Florida at the moment. Whatever happened to Florida promoting staycations?

Jrb1979

If youā€™re committed to lockdowns, you have to be committed to Florida growing ā€œexponentiallyā€. Otherwise, this whole house of cards comes crashing down.

FwIW. Lockdown happy Australia....

View attachment 486412
NO ONE IS SAYING TO LOCKDOWN AGAIN. There is a middle ground. No wonder so many states have issues. They have Covidiots running the asylum. There is ways to open the economy slowly so you can keep cases low so you can handle spikes. I look at how where I live has done and other northern states have done their reopening and for the most part its working.

havoc315

If youā€™re committed to lockdowns, you have to be committed to Florida growing ā€œexponentiallyā€. Otherwise, this whole house of cards comes crashing down.

FwIW. Lockdown happy Australia....

View attachment 486412

Let's be accurate. Australia has 145 deaths so far. That's 6 deaths per million people. They have done 151,000 tests per million people, and a total infection rate of 547 cases per million people. That graph certainly makes things look bad.. by making 500 look high!

Now, compared to the USA -- 149,000 death -- 1000x more than Australia. 160,000 tests per million people. so the USA finally recently caught up and surpassed Australia in testing, just barely. A total infection rate of 13,000 per million people.

So Australia -- 547 cases per million people. USA -- 13,000 cases per million. So USA has about 25x more infections on a per capita basis.

IHME -- https://covid19.healthdata.org/australia -- Forecasts Australia will have a total of 418 deaths by November 1st.
IHME forecasts the USA with 220,000 deaths by November 1st.

So "lockdown Australia" appears to be a true role model and a success story.

havoc315

NO ONE IS SAYING TO LOCKDOWN AGAIN. There is a middle ground. No wonder so many states have issues. They have Covidiots running the asylum. There is ways to open the economy slowly so you can keep cases low so you can handle spikes. I look at how where I live has done and other northern states have done their reopening and for the most part its working.

Actually... many of the foremost experts in the US are now behind a full lockdown for a few weeks. Basically, a "do over" because we so failed to do the right lockdown in the first place.

But yes, nobody is saying we should go on a large scale lockdown forever.
It's - lockdown until infection is contained (a level where it's unlikely there would be infection entering the school, a level where you can contact trace the remaining cases that pop up); then masks and socially distanced "new normal"... with the ability to adjust specific regions based on testing. (with results of testing available in under 24 hours).

havoc315

10K-12K every single day is far from improving. Just because numbers don't climb exponentially doesn't mean they are in any way good.

Precisely. You get to a point where infection and death is so high, it's not good for it to "stay level."
It's staying level because enough people in Florida have started to voluntarily take enough measures, to stop the climb. The more aggressive measures you take, the faster the numbers actually drop.

DisneyDebRob

Sure people have cancelled, nothing new about that , but there are others going and booking last minute trips as they are seeing low crowds and how safe the parks actually are.
Nothing new about people booking last minute trips to enjoy a empty park. My point was that in PA where she is a travel agent, the people at least she is booking from PA and NJ are having second thoughts. I donā€™t blame them either. Families that are worried, thatā€™s up to how they feel about things for the safety of their own.

TrojanUSC

How are his predictions about the US working out so far? From March:

"Stanford University biology professor Michael Levitt, winner of the 2013 Nobel Prize in chemistry, said his models do not support predictions the coronavirus will stick around for months or years and cause millions of deaths... He says the data do not support such an extreme scenario. Levitt said he can see a better outcome in the U.S. than what has taken place in China, Italy or Iran, especially with social distancing measures in place. He said social-distancing mandates are critical in cutting the number of coronavirus cases."

Considering we blew past China, Iran and other countries death tolls months ago and the pandemic is still raging, seems like he should stop making predictions.

DisneyDebRob

Good information. Have you seen anything about the state of the area around Disney? I'm scheduled to travel next sunday and still haven't made the final decision.
Please, if you need correct information, you know where to go. Donā€™t get it off a internet chat board. A lot of things are being thrown around and everyone individually needs to do their own homework.

xdan0920

Think for yourselfer
How are his predictions about the US working out so far? From March:

"Stanford University biology professor Michael Levitt, winner of the 2013 Nobel Prize in chemistry, said his models do not support predictions the coronavirus will stick around for months or years and cause millions of deaths... He says the data do not support such an extreme scenario. Levitt said he can see a better outcome in the U.S. than what has taken place in China, Italy or Iran, especially with social distancing measures in place. He said social-distancing mandates are critical in cutting the number of coronavirus cases."

Considering we blew past China, Iran and other countries death tolls months ago and the pandemic is still raging, seems like he should stop making predictions.

šŸ˜‚

China. lol
Iran. lol
Italy is ahead of us in deaths per million.

Pretty sure he couldnā€™t have predicted what the northeast corridor would do to their senior care centers.

hopemax

Just so everyone is aware, this is another person who is part of the Stanford group that told us in March that "everyone has already had it, it's not very dangerous and this will all be over soon,". The previous "spokesperson" for the "we don't have to do anything to make this go away" bunch is John Ioannidis. But it looks like he stuck his head out a few too many times and was so completely wrong that he blew up his credibility. So the team apparently has subbed him out, hoping that people would be wooed by "Nobel prize winner, and Stanford professor" For the record, his Nobel is for Chemistry and he is a Biology professor. He's not an epidemiologist, or a virologist or an infectious disease expert.

At least the prediction is only 4 weeks, so in 3-6 months we will know one way or another if he's right or not. There will be another decline, for sure, and these people will claim all sorts of victories, before we head into Round 3. Google his name, see if his March & May predictions were right (he is credited for one: China's final numbers - but who actually believes China's numbers? I do concede he might have figured out China's algorithm for reporting, however.)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom