Do you think that Disney world will reclose its gates due to the rising number of COVID cases in Florida and around the country?

MickeyMouse10

I think we should wear the suits from the lousy epidemic movie "Outbreak".

Hey it worked for Dustin Hoffman, which also means it had plenty of nose room in the helmets. He's always been a Streisand in that department.

5e6279cea9f40c16c11c77d5

Last edited:

legwand77

My wife had 15 clients from July until September with Disney vacations. The last called this morning to cancel. 15 cancellations. 2 canceled for October already with a few more that are waiting. Nov. And Dec. no cancellations yet. I’m thinking it’s going to be very light crowds for a long time. Bad time to have a job like hers. 🙂
Sure people have cancelled, nothing new about that , but there are others going and booking last minute trips as they are seeing low crowds and how safe the parks actually are.

Tom P.

Most of these mask mandates are issued as executive orders at the municipal or state level, and, as such, they are not enforceable by law enforcement. As soon as the “charged,” hit the courtroom, they can rip up that ticket or the judge will do it for them.

Furthermore, wearing pants is not a law, it’s a social standard. Businesses have the right to refuse service to anyone sans pants.
First... I wasn't addressing whether mask mandates are a good idea or even if they are legally enforceable. I was just addressing the constitutional question.

Second... try walking down the street naked. I guarantee you that you will attract the attention of law enforcement. It is most definitely more than just a social standard. There are definitely laws mandating that you cover certain portions of your body.

Third... many mandates are actually being passed into law now. The city council of the city my mom lives in, for example, recently passed an ordinance requiring a mask and including a $150 per violation penalty.

sWANNISAX

South Florida/ Miami Dade is improving, Covid discharges have been higher than admissions for six straight days now, hospital capacity is improving, Emergency covid calls down the lowest it has been in over three weeks. Maybe post peak? Hope so.
Good information. Have you seen anything about the state of the area around Disney? I'm scheduled to travel next sunday and still haven't made the final decision.

xdan0920

Think for yourselfer
South Florida/ Miami Dade is improving, Covid discharges have been higher than admissions for six straight days now, hospital capacity is improving, Emergency covid calls down the lowest it has been in over three weeks. Maybe post peak? Hope so.
Arizona going the same way. Odd. All the curves wind up the same shape. Who woulda thunk it?

Jrb1979

Good information. Have you seen anything about the state of the area around Disney? I'm scheduled to travel next sunday and still haven't made the final decision.
It went from 9% in June/July to over 14% now. Its not good no matter what Legwand77 says. Where I live we had 138 new cases in our whole province and a positive percentage of 1. Ontario has 14 million population while Florida has 20 million so not that much different.

Jrb1979

Arizona going the same way. Odd. All the curves wind up the same shape. Who woulda thunk it?
By doing nothing cause "MMM uummm I gots to work"🙄. Don't worry its only a matter of time til cases rise again cause NOTHING IS DONE TO SLOW THE SPREAD MMMMKAY.

legwand77

Case positivity in Orange County has been on a downward trend , it is below 10% at 9.5% today , hospitalization capacity has improved as well. You can see it on the Florida DOH site that I linked a few pages back

eta link scroll down to Orange County

Last edited:

DisneyCane

First... I wasn't addressing whether mask mandates are a good idea or even if they are legally enforceable. I was just addressing the constitutional question.

Second... try walking down the street naked. I guarantee you that you will attract the attention of law enforcement. It is most definitely more than just a social standard. There are definitely laws mandating that you cover certain portions of your body.

Third... many mandates are actually being passed into law now. The city council of the city my mom lives in, for example, recently passed an ordinance requiring a mask and including a $150 per violation penalty.

Naked and not wearing pants are different. You could walk down the street in your underwear. Naked violates laws.

What city is that? Maybe civil fines but not criminal, in Florida for sure. In no state that I know of can any entity other than the state legislature pass criminal laws. Prosecutors all work for the state. When you go to court the charge (even for speeding tickets) is "State of Florida vs. Defendant."

legwand77

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom