Do you think that Disney world will reclose its gates due to the rising number of COVID cases in Florida and around the country?

Polkadotdress

Yes, that is the point, selectively choosing the diseases to better make the chart makers point. Do the chart using US data bet you would be surprised. Next break it down by age groups be even more surprised. That chart has been around for months and has been "debunked" for those reasons.

My impression of that chart: it is eye-opening to see that in comparison to all of those other causes of death, many of which were already in the thousands (or more) in March, Covid quickly multiplied and grew from nothing to a level that overtook many of them—and they all had a “head start” for the year.

Miss Bella

Its not a stressor for me. In fact I am at the point it's comical to me seeing so many with their head in the sand and downplay the numbers. All I was trying to do was have civil conversations but it's come the point many of you either care more about visiting the Mouse or with your head in the sand.
I'm not trying to diminish your concerns. Although I disagree with you I think you're one of the more polite posters on this forum. I can only control what I can control which is myself and my teenage son. Yes, I can still control him LOL. We will wear our masks and follow all the rules. Promise.

disneygeek90

Sorry totally off-topic, but I'm watching a baseball game or I should say my husband has it on. It's not as weird as I thought it would be. The fake people are weird, but the crowd noise is kind of realistic.

Back to regularly scheduled programming.
It's great to have baseball back! And I agree, I don't know how it is for the players but from a fan perspective it feels relatively normal.

RaiseTheShields

Also bemoaning attendants losing jobs and then in same breath saying shut down everything. Puzzling.

How are you such a brick wall about this? Opening the economy is not doing what you seem to think it is. Layoffs are coming and there’s nothing we can do to stop them. I don’t just mean the airline industry. As soon as Disney closed their gates in March the writing was on the wall. Full Time Cast Members that have been recalled would be better off furloughed - even at the measly Florida $275/wk. They are only guaranteed 32 hours/week. That doesn’t cut it for people who rely on 40+ just to live paycheck to paycheck. Part Time Cast getting called back - they get scheduled for training and then the next week....no hours. Imagine that. That’s utter crap. There are a couple of departments with higher hourly rates that may be doing ok, but they are running skeleton crews. A lot of their colleagues are furloughed with possible layoffs coming. Cast are not getting the promised quarantine pay if they have to stay home due to a positive test or exposure. Again, utter crap.

I am rooting for Disney....I really am. I live here. I have friends that work there. I want the reopening to be successful and for them to be able to stay open. My livelihood will likely be affected down the road if they close again. So please, go to the parks and drop as much cash as possible.

As far as opening/closing, I don’t know what the answer is, but I know it’s not to come on here and repeatedly say how good things are looking or to respond to others sincerity with utter nonsense.

legwand77

oceanbreeze77

Sorry totally off-topic, but I'm watching a baseball game or I should say my husband has it on. It's not as weird as I thought it would be. The fake people are weird, but the crowd noise is kind of realistic.

Back to regularly scheduled programming.
I think the crowd noise is overkill, but the cutouts kinda grow on you

Touchdown

1. Pants are an article of clothing.

2. The Government has the power to enforce that its citizens wear an article of clothing that covers their pelvic area, while some may argue that is a matter of public decency, it’s also a matter of public health (think about your body part that sits, then think about what comes out of that and how poorly people can clean them and that’s not even touching on what can leak out the front end.)

3. A mask is an article of clothing

4. The government can mandate a mask done as a matter of public health.

Last edited:

Tom P.

Because 1) It’s unconstitutional 2) It’s unenforceable
I can find nothing in the Constitution that covers this scenario. And the Tenth Amendment makes clear that anything that is not specifically mentioned in the Constitution then becomes the purview of the states or the people. Now, I would agree that a federal mask mandate would be unconstitutional, because nowhere in the Constitution is the federal government delegated those sorts of public health powers. But I can see no reason why a state or local government cannot enforce masks as a public health matter nor how that would be unconstitutional.

And, as was pointed out, the government already mandates that we wear certain articles of clothing, such as pants.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom