Do you think that Disney world will reclose its gates due to the rising number of COVID cases in Florida and around the country?

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Either is drowning, Parkinson’s, and a few other things on that list.
But you can ignore those...and it changes nothing.

I know in the US we have “moved on”...but aids is still the primary viral concern worldwide...and you can’t get that on the street (well you shouldn’t...at least)...
And it’s not like azt is given out on street corners in Mogadishu

The rate that chart illustrated how quickly covid tracked it down/passed it...in the middle of the summer in the northern hemisphere...should scare the crap out of any rational human.

Miss Bella

But you can ignore those...and it changes nothing.

I know in the US we have “moved on”...but aids is still the primary viral concern worldwide...and you can’t get that on the street (well you shouldn’t...at least)...
And it’s not like azt is given out on street corners in Mogadishu

The rate that chart illustrated how quickly covid tracked it down/passed it...in the middle of the summer in the northern hemisphere...should scare the crap out of any rational human.
So the point of the graph is to ignore everything on there that is not contagious. Ok why not make one with just contagious diseases then.

Disstevefan1

Dude, people die. Yes, they die everyday, every hour, every minute/sec whatever. We will all die. Heck, I could kill you with a spoon.

But right now? There is a deadly contagious disease that scientist have not fully become aware of the symptoms and long term after effects it has on people because we as human beings in this century have never experienced anything like this. It is not the flu.

What we do know is how to hopefully keep it from affecting others around us. It is not just subject to age or the vulnerable.

All in all, it is something we as collective society of humans on this planet can do something to help keep each other alive from this.

If me wearing a mask prevents you from getting this crazy disease, then so be it I will.

Otherwise, give me the darn spoon.

I think I triggered you. I am pro mask. I wear a mask, I wear a mask when I am alone mowing my lawn. Please put your spoon back in the kitchen drawer, or do you always keep it nearby just in case, not that there's anything wrong with that, I am pro 2nd amendment, a deadly spoon counts.

KBLovedDisney

I think I triggered you. I am pro mask. I wear a mask, I wear a mask when I am alone mowing my lawn. Please put your spoon back in the kitchen drawer, or do you always keep it nearby just in case, not that there's anything wrong with that, I am pro 2nd amendment, a deadly spoon counts.
LYod.gif

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
So the point of the graph is to ignore everything on there that is not contagious. Ok why not make one with just contagious diseases then.
But that’s not the point. Apples to apples.

Nobody “catches” cancer...or a stroke.

This is along the lines of “what about car accidents?” From 3 months ago. It’s a time warp.

Invisible transmission...not much known...limited therapeutic options (though the medical professionals...the trained...have obviously gotten better at it. All credit to THEM)...

I honestly don’t get the cognitive disconnect here? Stop making everyone paddle upstream (public health is always an all or nothing proposition), make wise community decisions, and end this sucker.

And we can all claim “victory” and you can say you were right all along (regardless of the truth)

Miss Bella

But that’s not the point. Apples to apples.

Nobody “catches” cancer...or a stroke.

This is along the lines of “what about car accidents?” From 3 months ago. It’s a time warp.

Invisible transmission...not much known...limited therapeutic options (though the medical professionals...the trained...have obviously gotten better at it. All credit to THEM)...

I honestly don’t get the cognitive disconnect here? Stop making everyone paddle upstream (public health is always an all or nothing proposition), make wise community decisions, and end this sucker.

And we can all claim “victory” and you can say you were right all along (regardless of the truth)
That may all be true, but my point was the graph made no sense.

Jrb1979

What do you think arguing and berating people on a Disney board is going to accomplish anything. If you feel that strongly about something you need to notify the people that can actually implement change.

Don't need to as that is already happening here. All I'm doing is just asking why it can't be done where cases are rising? Instead I get deflection or excuses why it can't happen. One guy comes up with ridiculous data to say it's better then it actually is and others don't seem to take this seriously.

Miss Bella

Don't need to as that is already happening here. All I'm doing is just asking why it can't be done where cases are rising? Instead I get deflection or excuses why it can't happen. One guy comes up with ridiculous data to say it's better then it actually is and others don't seem to take this seriously.
I don’t have an answer for you.

techgeek

Some interesting on-topic thoughts from the front lines:

With cases spiking so much in Florida, I’m not sure what conditions would make the park shut down again. My co-workers and I even asked my management team, and they’re not sure either. I’m sure that Disney does have some plan stashed away in a room somewhere, but none of us are privy to that information right now. If things keep going in the direction that they are, I would be in favor of closing—but it also depends on if the Florida unemployment site will be kind to me this time.

hopemax

Interesting graphic, but why are the leading causes of death missing from this?
View attachment 486130
Interesting use of a USA chart to counter a Global tally.

The answer to your question though, is when you put things that total "in the multiples of millions" on a chart that measures things in "hundreds of thousands" it makes the chart unusable. That's why so many other charts end up using dual axis & logarithmic scales, because if you tried to just use one, it would be hard to actually interpret the chart.

Heart disease is 18 million, and Cancer is 9.5 million per year. Yes, now everyone can know that. The fact that those numbers are that high does not render everything else on the chart inconsequential. The chart displays various causes of death, worldwide, that are familiar to people and helps visualize where COVID slots in.

But I think you already knew that.

lazyboy97o

Do police department have the resources and time to drive around looking for people withou a mask on. Even before all the budget cuts they didn’t have the time.
They don’t have to be “drive[ing] around looking for people without a mask on.” They can just see it while going about their patrols just like they do with other concerns. They can assist businesses that wish to enforce policy and orders, just like they already do. Enforcement doesn’t require additional policing.

Interesting graphic, but why are the leading causes of death missing from this?
View attachment 486130
As stated, you’re taking issue with a global chart because it doesn’t match a US chart. Even then, COVID-19 would be number five on that chart and the year is not out. Heart disease, cancer and chronic lower respiratory diseases are all groups of illnesses with various causes compared to COVID-19 which is one disease with one cause.

legwand77

Interesting use of a USA chart to counter a Global tally.

The answer to your question though, is when you put things that total "in the multiples of millions" on a chart that measures things in "hundreds of thousands" it makes the chart unusable. That's why so many other charts end up using dual axis & logarithmic scales, because if you tried to just use one, it would be hard to actually interpret the chart.

Heart disease is 18 million, and Cancer is 9.5 million per year. Yes, now everyone can know that. The fact that those numbers are that high does not render everything else on the chart inconsequential. The chart displays various causes of death, worldwide, that are familiar to people and helps visualize where COVID slots in.

But I think you already knew that.
Yes, that is the point, selectively choosing the diseases to better make the chart makers point. Do the chart using US data bet you would be surprised. Next break it down by age groups be even more surprised. That chart has been around for months and has been "debunked" for those reasons.

hopemax

Yes, that is the point, selectively choosing the diseases to better make the chart makers point. Do the chart using US data bet you would be surprised. Next break it down by age groups be even more surprised. That chart has been around for months and has been "debunked" for those reasons.
Why? This is global pandemic, but people aren't supposed to think of this as a global issue? If the chart doesn't help you understand the scale of this virus, on a global level, then don't use it. That doesn't make it useless for anyone else.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom