Do you think that Disney world will reclose its gates due to the rising number of COVID cases in Florida and around the country?

oceanbreeze77

What you just said -- NY already had their surge. So what already happened in NY, is what is now happening in Florida and Texas.
Thanks to some advances in treatment of the disease, and some measures in place, it's unlikely to be quite as bad as NY. But it's going to be bad. Ugly.

What you learn -- net hospitalizations are increasing FAST in Florida and Texas.
people just dont get it

legwand77

Advertisement
What you just said -- NY already had their surge. So what already happened in NY, is what is now happening in Florida and Texas.
Thanks to some advances in treatment of the disease, and some measures in place, it's unlikely to be quite as bad as NY. But it's going to be bad. Ugly.

What you learn -- net hospitalizations are increasing FAST in Florida and Texas.
This is Covid admissions from Baylor St. Luke in Houston, one of the large hospitals in Houston hotpsot in Texas. Not exactly increasing "fast" in the past week.

EdDa8DGXYAEZAWA.jpg

techgeek

What level of death is acceptable? Also those are the day the death is reported, not the day of death a good bit of that increase in the past week is from june and even earlier.
So we’re back to the “how many $$ is one life worth, anyway?” discussion?

I’m aware death numbers lag by weeks. That’s not painting an encouraging picture for the next month, as I read this. Are you saying we don’t need to do anything now and deaths will be lower in August and September? How?

LUVMCO

I’m aware death numbers lag by weeks. That’s not painting an encouraging picture for the next month, as I read this. Are you saying we don’t need to do anything now and deaths will be lower in August and September? How?
What exactly should we do? In AZ most of the COVID patients are Hispanics that live in multigenerational homes. There's nothing that can be done about that. We don't have theme parks. I still haven't heard of a theme park causing a surge in any state.

legwand77

No just asking the poster for clarification to what he posted "I think 100 deaths a day is completely unacceptable already."

That is all.

legwand77

What exactly should we do? In AZ most of the COVID patients are Hispanics that live in multigenerational homes. There's nothing that can be done about that. We don't have theme parks. I still haven't heard of a theme park causing a surge in any state.
This really bears out because all the CA, TX, AZ counties that are having critical issues with capacity and deaths are the border counties with higher amounts of Hispanic multigenerational homes. You can also add Florida into that mix with Miami Dade.

MansionButler84

In the Parks
No
And the *total* currently being hospitalized is well documented. Though Florida just recently started providing the data.

More people are being admitted than discharged (and dying) at an alarming rate.

Arizona -- Just hospitalizations finally starting to flatten, over just the last few days, after a massive increase over a month.

View attachment 484143

Florida, who just started providing the data, still a steep upward trend:

View attachment 484145

And what the heck, since Florida has been matching Texas pretty well.... let's see how Texas is doing:

View attachment 484146

Critically.. these charts are the net hospitalization level -- Currently admitted, not total admitted.

Here is NY's chart:

View attachment 484147
Thank goodness they are still keeping New Yorkers out of Florida...

Perhaps those asking, “what should Florida do?” should instead ask, “what did New York, Connecticut, and New Jersey do?”

We wore masks. Here in CT, we’ve been wearing masks since April 20. We started reopening a month later. We’ve kept the bars closed.

0849A6FA-1AD6-4EF7-8A92-3D01A0237F0F.png
7D742672-2035-4C00-98DE-6C5CD9086341.png
Hmmm. Wonder what happened. Glad we didn’t “just wait and see.”

Last edited:

LUVMCO

Not having enough doctors and nurses is the bigger issue. May have extra beds and equipment in a closet. You don't have doctors and nurses in closets waiting for a surge. All you can do is ask doctors and nurses to work extra shifts... move around some personnel from elective procedures. (Though, an orthopedic surgeon has limited value in dealing with ICU patients).
It's an issue we've had for the 20 years I've been in healthcare. One thing we're used to is being short-staffed, but we manage to get through it. One thing I've never seen is the amount of money nurses can make right now. NYC was paying 10k a week, Texas and California are paying 5-6k a week for crisis nurses. Florida needs to step it up. Nurses are no different than anyone else they are going to follow the money.

havoc315

This is Covid admissions from Baylor St. Luke in Houston, one of the large hospitals in Houston hotpsot in Texas. Not exactly increasing "fast" in the past week.

View attachment 484148
Are you joking? It’s 1 hospital which is having a somewhat flat week.... but still showing tremendous growth over the last month.

Houston added a bunch of restrictions over the last couple weeks... so it would make sense to see Houston starting to flatten.

so yes... the lesson is, restrictions bring down the numbers.

legwand77

Thank goodness they are still keeping New Yorkers out of Florida...

Perhaps those asking, “what should Florida do?” should instead ask, “what did New York, Connecticut, and New Jersey do?”

We wore masks. Here in CT, we’ve been wearing masks since April 20. We started reopening a month later. We’ve kept the bars closed.

View attachment 484158
View attachment 484159
Hmmm. Wonder what happened. Glad we didn’t “just wait and see.”
Where is anyone saying "just wait and see" is the only plan?

hopemax

There is a professor on Twitter, who is "very concerned" about data, in the same way some people here are concerned about data. He was posting a lot about the missing Florida negatives, for example. This week he's been doing his own plotting of FL's deaths. Color coded to demonstrate the day of actual death vs the date recorded. This is his plot from today. I interpret this as most of the deaths are recorded within a 7-10 day period following actual death. There are outliers where dates that happened weeks earlier, but they are outliers. There is no reason to think that the majority of today's 100+ deaths occurred prior to the past week. Today's deaths for example are the brown ones on the top, the biggest chunks of brown appear over the previous 7 days. Also, we can see that there were 30-40 deaths per day at the beginning of June, and now FL is over 50 regularly with a high point of almost 90.

1594930710713.png

legwand77

Are you joking? It’s 1 hospital which is having a somewhat flat week.... but still showing tremendous growth over the last month.

Houston added a bunch of restrictions over the last couple weeks... so it would make sense to see Houston starting to flatten.

so yes... the lesson is, restrictions bring down the numbers.
So now you are saying it makes sense Houston is flattening as opposed to increasing fast. I agree with that.

legwand77

There is a professor on Twitter, who is "very concerned" about data, in the same way some people here are concerned about data. He was posting a lot about the missing Florida negatives, for example. This week he's been doing his own plotting of FL's deaths. Color coded to demonstrate the day of actual death vs the date recorded. This is his plot from today. I interpret this as most of the deaths are recorded within a 7-10 day period following actual death. There are outliers where dates that happened weeks earlier, but they are outliers. There is no reason to think that the majority of today's 100+ deaths occurred prior to the past week. Today's deaths for example are the brown ones on the top, the biggest chunks of brown appear over the previous 7 days. Also, we can see that there were 30-40 deaths per day at the beginning of June, and now FL is over 50 regularly with a high point of almost 90.

View attachment 484161
Ha now people are going to start posting we are the same person, already happed before on here

MansionButler84

In the Parks
No
Where is anyone saying "just wait and see" is the only plan?
It could also flatten out and decrease quickly. We just have to wait and see. It was just a week or so ago when the drama queens on here were saying we were going to ration care in Arizona and health care providers would be choosing who lives and who dies....well that never happened.

legwand77

You are the one who told me, several times the last week of June that "deaths are decreasing" and got on me about lag and just "two more weeks." So no, I don't think that people are going to confuse us.
Ha true, where did I say deaths were decreasing, I guess when they were?

DisneyDebRob

It's an issue we've had for the 20 years I've been in healthcare. One thing we're used to is being short-staffed, but we manage to get through it. One thing I've never seen is the amount of money nurses can make right now. NYC was paying 10k a week, Texas and California are paying 5-6k a week for crisis nurses. Florida needs to step it up. Nurses are no different than anyone else they are going to follow the money.
I’m all for nurses getting bigger pay checks. But since it’s fine in Florida, I guess if it ever gets bad maybe they will see a increase. 🙂

Top Bottom