Do you do this too???

disneygirl76

Carey Poppins - Nanny and Disney Enthusiest
Hi All!

My friends all think i'm totally OCD (which is true :ROFLOL:) and they think it weird that I do this...but when you are planning your trips to WDW, do you plan your outfits for you and who you are traveling with? i.e. one day you might be in blue and yellow, another red and black? Not matching, but wearing like colors so you don't clash in the photos?? Everyone is like "what does your DH think?" And he doesn't care b/c then he doesn't have to pack! hee hee :lol: I love my lists and planning and preparing for a vacation! Just wanted to know your thoughts!! Thanks!!!! :wave:

Hey disneygirl76,
You are not the only one out there... Yes I too do this... I mean who wants to look at a picture where your DH is in a Hunter green shirt with khaki shorts, and you are wearing black and white... LOL :ROFLOL:
I also am a "just in case packer" which leads to over packing... but you never know what will arise... Spill Dole whip on yourself, or sit in something... so you pack the "extra" clothes. LOL:lol:

Upvote 0

disneygirl76

Carey Poppins - Nanny and Disney Enthusiest
Original Poster
Hey disneygirl76,
You are not the only one out there... Yes I too do this... I mean who wants to look at a picture where your DH is in a Hunter green shirt with khaki shorts, and you are wearing black and white... LOL :ROFLOL:
I also am a "just in case packer" which leads to over packing... but you never know what will arise... Spill Dole whip on yourself, or sit in something... so you pack the "extra" clothes. LOL:lol:

Hi Brianheather! :wave:

Yeah! I'm glad there are others! :lol: I don't think it all that strange...I mean, it's like going to a wedding, you wouldn't wear a brown dress if your DH is in black! ha ha I love it! I have lists for packing (and yes, the emergency, you never know what could happen extras!!) I have the list of what to buy and I printed off the itinerary from waltdisneyworld.com that is all completed too!! ha ha :ROFLOL: I love the planning process!!! :sohappy:

Upvote 0
Hi, my name is Disneychic71 and I'm an overpacker/overplanner!

So glad I'm not alone! I start making my lists months in advance, and I definitely look at colors. When the kids were small and less particular, I would coordinate all of our colors, but now my son only wears black and gray, and it's anyone's guess what my daughter is going to put on, so DH and I just stay pretty neutral.

As for the planning, for me it's like an extension of the trip! I get to think about WDW every day, and do something for the trip every day, and that makes it seem longer.

With the new baggage restrictions, my overpacking days are over, I'm afraid. In August, I did laundry (gasp!) at the hotel to avoid having too much luggage.:lol:

Upvote 0

Todd L

I am an typical male. I pack everything I need in one bag for the week. Everything- Clothes, Shoes, Underwear, Razors, Deodorant-Everything. If it dosnet fit I dont need it. Roll the shirts so they dont wrinkle is about as far as it goes.
If my dw wanted me to wear color specific clothing so we didnt clash in Photos Id Really, Really have a hard time with that. Its disney for the love of god loosen up and have some fun.

Upvote 0

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
I am an typical male. I pack everything I need in one bag for the week. Everything- Clothes, Shoes, Underwear, Razors, Deodorant-Everything. If it dosnet fit I dont need it. Roll the shirts so they dont wrinkle is about as far as it goes.
If my dw wanted me to wear color specific clothing so we didnt clash in Photos Id Really, Really have a hard time with that. Its disney for the love of god loosen up and have some fun.

:lol:

Sometimes, I don't even use a suitcase, a couple of brown paper bags will do!

Upvote 0

EMThompsen

That would drive me insane :)

I just count shirts, shorts, and underwear. If they all come out pretty much equal, I am good to go. :)

-dave

I'm with you, Dave. I count items too. My problem is I count too much. I'm going to have stop that now that the airlines charge you for each piece of luggage. Yeesh!

Upvote 0

DormaNesbit

I have never been able to coordinate non-clashing outfits for the five of us, but I go to the disney website and create print outs for the entire trip. I keep two for the entire week in mine and hubby's suitcase then I print out each day and every moring I put the new one in my pack (yes I admint to the pack while on vacation) and take the old one out. I plan each days ADR's with night EMH's and I plan each day's park visit with morning EMH's. So......Hi my name is Mari and I am an obessive Planner! HA HA.:ROFLOL:

Upvote 0

slappy magoo

it's not that level of planning that makes you OCD, it's whether or not you can roll with the punches if the plan has to change.

Significant other stains the color coordinated shirt, so he swaps with one that no longer matches.

Does the mere thought of it send a shiver down your spine? Then seek help. :D

Upvote 0

GatorGambit

Hi All!

My friends all think i'm totally OCD (which is true :ROFLOL:) and they think it weird that I do this...but when you are planning your trips to WDW, do you plan your outfits for you and who you are traveling with? i.e. one day you might be in blue and yellow, another red and black? Not matching, but wearing like colors so you don't clash in the photos?? Everyone is like "what does your DH think?" And he doesn't care b/c then he doesn't have to pack! hee hee :lol: I love my lists and planning and preparing for a vacation! Just wanted to know your thoughts!! Thanks!!!! :wave:

I don't, although DW probably should pick my clothes. I habitually forget to bring things like belts...:shrug:

Upvote 0

larryl9797

Enough golf shirts and Tee shirts, Underwear, fresh socks, a few pairs of cargo shorts to hold all the tickets / wallet and H2O and I am Good 2 go!
I am lucky enough that the DW doesnt overpack, so we never have to pay at the airlines... and that just made me realise.. if gas prices are going down... will the airlines drop that luggage surcharge? ( We all know it was just a way to deflect the change in gas prices ) Hmmmmmm...

:wave:

Upvote 0

sissa216

Yes :ROFLOL:
I definitely do. And I even went so far as to wear matching colors on a few days.

AND I overpack as well.
This past trip, we stayed (just two of us)at Pop Century.
All 6 (I think 6) drawers were full of clothes... as was the one between beds... as were the three shelves in the entertainment center next to the T.V... and the suitcases weren't completely empty :brick:

We stayed for a week; I think we had enough outfits for 2 more weeks.
And socks to last a month!

But I honestly decided this would be the LAST trip for that to happen :lol:

Upvote 0

rsoxguy

As a proud, card carrying member of the man club, I can tell you that most guys I know can pack for a trip blindfolded while waiting for their wives to pack for every possible eventuality. :king:

Upvote 0

sissa216

As a proud, card carrying member of the man club, I can tell you that most guys I know can pack for a trip blindfolded while waiting for their wives to pack for every possible eventuality. :king:

Mine doesn't even try to pack...he just waits for me to do it :lol:

Upvote 0
Disney Planning

OMG I am LOL here cause I do that...and I do that way way in advance to, I also have a running lists of things to bring with me too. I can not tell you in the past when I didn't make a list how many times I wish I had this or that. Sometimes I don't plan the outfit for the days and then I wished I did. THe last few times I have gone to Disney I have planned it all. I put all my stuff in my suitcase preplanned too so no thinking required when I am getting dressed too.
Hey you gotta look cute in your Photo Pass pictures and pics you take around the park right?
Hehehe. :wave:

Upvote 0
Ok the last time I didn't get involved in his packing he forgot his socks...LOL too funny I said "see" to him now next time I am packing...or you will forget your underware.. hehe

Upvote 0

juscet

I always thought I was an overplanner, but putting that much time into my outfits is a different story. Thanks for making me feel like my OCD is not as bad as my "shrink" told me.:)

Upvote 0

hokielutz

I am lucky enough that the DW doesnt overpack, so we never have to pay at the airlines... and that just made me realise.. if gas prices are going down... will the airlines drop that luggage surcharge? ( We all know it was just a way to deflect the change in gas prices ) Hmmmmmm...

:wave:

Somehow I doubt the airlines will drop the charges. Its like the government instituting a new tax.... once it is established... it can go up or down... but will never disappear.

I would expect the fares to drop... but that hasn't happened yet. Maybe the airlines will get a slice of the next bailout deal when all these price gouging measures fail to generate the revenue that is being lost by travelers not flying because of the nickle-and-diming tactics.

Now back on topic.... I am an over-packer... mostly due to the ingrained planning strategies passed onto me by my parents from the days of packing for scout camp. I pack for the days that I will be there... and then I happen to throw in a few more shirts, socks, and another pair of shorts/slacks for the just in case. Turns out that I really am grossly overpacking because I never break into the "what if" stash.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom