Do you do this too???

disneygirl76

Carey Poppins - Nanny and Disney Enthusiest
Hi All!

My friends all think i'm totally OCD (which is true :ROFLOL:) and they think it weird that I do this...but when you are planning your trips to WDW, do you plan your outfits for you and who you are traveling with? i.e. one day you might be in blue and yellow, another red and black? Not matching, but wearing like colors so you don't clash in the photos?? Everyone is like "what does your DH think?" And he doesn't care b/c then he doesn't have to pack! hee hee :lol: I love my lists and planning and preparing for a vacation! Just wanted to know your thoughts!! Thanks!!!! :wave:

disneygirl76

Original Poster
Hey Disneygirl 76, you are not alone. One year I even went so far as getting actual matching outfits for my DH, DS and myself for the entire four day trip. Since DS was young I thought it would be easier to keep up with him. Getting off the trolley in World Showcase (that many years ago) a woman made the comment, "Look they all have matching outfits". That was the last year my DH allowed me to do that. He did however let me go with matching colors. Glad to know there are a bunch of us.:ROFLOL:

YEAH! We should start a club - so we can share spreadsheets and planning ideas!!! :lol: My DH is great and doesn't care about the color schemes matching, but if we matched the same, then yeah, he might strangle me! :hammer:

Upvote 0

disneygirl76

Original Poster
I don't pack so that we all match, but I do pack matching, bright colored shirts for the boys. We have three sons, and it is easier to keep track of them when they're all in the same shirt.

You want to talk obsessive planner/packer? I created a spreadsheet to plan for our trips, and one tab is for packing. Each item to be packed is listed under the specific piece of luggage it will be packed in.

Hi!! Would you mind sharing your spreadsheet??? :) If not, I totally understand!! I do have a note book that has my lists in it - and the note book is specific to trips. :) I like the process of writing the lists!! But then I could imput them into a spreadsheet! ha ha:lol:

Upvote 0

RickyMouseMom

Yes I do this. My DH thinks I am crazy, but now I have proof I am not alone! I usually coordinate outfits for the kids and I, and organize via a spreadsheet. This is all in accordance to park day. (i.e. cars for DHS, dressier or Nemo for Epcot). I do not explicitly write out DH's list of outfits, but rather gently guide during the packing process so to let him feel he has a say :lookaroun

Upvote 0

disneygirl76

Original Poster
Yes I do this. My DH thinks I am crazy, but now I have proof I am not alone! I usually coordinate outfits for the kids and I, and organize via a spreadsheet. This is all in accordance to park day. (i.e. cars for DHS, dressier or Nemo for Epcot). I do not explicitly write out DH's list of outfits, but rather gently guide during the packing process so to let him feel he has a say :lookaroun

YEAH!! I do the same thing - try to red, black and white for MK - Mickey colors! and then more fun colors for DHS and dressier for evenings at Epcot! Yeah! I showed this to my DH and too and he just laughed!! He doesn't care as long as we are not twins...and it gets him out of packing!! ha ha Oh, but if I forget something...I never hear the end of it! I forgot a belt...twice! I always forget his belt!!! ha ha :lol:

Upvote 0

kstella

The next time my DH complains about my two little lists (what to pack, what to remember to do before we leave) I'm going to show him this thread!:lol:

Upvote 0
:xmas: :ROFLOL:I feel vindicated!!They all make fun of my lists but if I forget something!! I'm the one who does the packing and yess, My name is Trish, T am an overpacker :shrug:

Upvote 0

SAV

Sandals = destroyed feet. Maybe at the beach or on a boat, but not at WDW. -dave

I dunno what sandals you are wearing, but I have worn mine at WDW for the last several trips and never had a problem. I can't see how anyone wears hot sweaty gym shoes(sneakers for those not in the midwest) in Florida. Way too hot for me...not to mention the stench...yuck!!

Upvote 0

disneygirl76

Original Poster
:xmas: :ROFLOL:I feel vindicated!!They all make fun of my lists but if I forget something!! I'm the one who does the packing and yess, My name is Trish, T am an overpacker :shrug:

Hi Trish! My name is Carey, and i'm a compulsive color coordinating list maker!

Upvote 0

Gooch

haha. it's come to my attention (and to everyone elses!) that i have ocd, so yes, i definitely feel you on that one, lol. i map out what i'm going to wear, when and where i'm going to wear it! it's pretty sad, haha.

Upvote 0

disneygirl76

Original Poster
haha. it's come to my attention (and to everyone elses!) that i have ocd, so yes, i definitely feel you on that one, lol. i map out what i'm going to wear, when and where i'm going to wear it! it's pretty sad, haha.

No sad as we have learned from this thread - totally normal and you are not alone!! ha ha :) Welcome to the club!!! :lol:

Upvote 0

Whimsy

Oh you know it! I plan my clothes to color coordinate with the hotel on check-in day - for example, Beach Club: I make sure to wear summery plaids, Animal Kingdom Lodge: browns and earth tones, Yacht Club: blue, red, and/or white stripes. Pretty compulsive? Yeah, I know. :lookaroun

Upvote 0
Oh you know it! I plan my clothes to color coordinate with the hotel on check-in day - for example, Beach Club: I make sure to wear summery plaids, Animal Kingdom Lodge: browns and earth tones, Yacht Club: blue, red, and/or white stripes. Pretty compulsive? Yeah, I know. :lookaroun
OMG, you are my hero!

Upvote 0

RussJT

As a proud, card carrying member of the man club, I can tell you that most guys I know can pack for a trip blindfolded while waiting for their wives to pack for every possible eventuality. :king:

Amen. For our last trip I think it took me 5 minutes to pack everything of mine. I had everything I needed. I would never let my wife pack for me, because she would probably get some crazy idea like trying to color coordinate our outfits.

Upvote 0

IndyDisney

On business trips I do pack a little more carefully (that whole brown shoes, blue socks, black belt, issue) I try to make it so I only need one color of shoes/socks/belt

However, when I comes to WDW. Tan cargo short (multiple pairs) and a bunch of Hawaiian-ish shirts and low athletic socks.

Maybe, maybe some long pants, but there has to be a heck of a cold snap comming though to get me to wear pants in WDW.

-dave

+1

I guess great Daves think alike!

As for letting DW pack for me. . . .

I pack for her. She tries to make 10 lbs. of (family site) fit in a 2 lb. bag. Plus her lack of folding bothers me. Now, I don't pick out her "outfits", whatever they are (according to DW, it's what the Stillers and Nittany Lions wear?!?)

-Dave

Upvote 0
Hello to all my fellow OCD Planner/Packers! I must be very lucky! 286 days out for our 25th Anniversary (25th honeymoon) and DH is excited to help me color coordinate at least my outfits (I coordinate for each park!) has also offered to help me embellish my tank tops with the different designs I want for each park! As long as I don't go too overboard with his clothes he's fine with that. So nice to know I'm not alone!

Upvote 0

disneygirl76

Original Poster
Hello to all my fellow OCD Planner/Packers! I must be very lucky! 286 days out for our 25th Anniversary (25th honeymoon) and DH is excited to help me color coordinate at least my outfits (I coordinate for each park!) has also offered to help me embellish my tank tops with the different designs I want for each park! As long as I don't go too overboard with his clothes he's fine with that. So nice to know I'm not alone!

Welcome to the club!!! Have fun planning for your 25th Anniversary!! Congratulations :sohappy:!!!!

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom