Do you do this too???

disneygirl76

Carey Poppins - Nanny and Disney Enthusiest
Hi All!

My friends all think i'm totally OCD (which is true :ROFLOL:) and they think it weird that I do this...but when you are planning your trips to WDW, do you plan your outfits for you and who you are traveling with? i.e. one day you might be in blue and yellow, another red and black? Not matching, but wearing like colors so you don't clash in the photos?? Everyone is like "what does your DH think?" And he doesn't care b/c then he doesn't have to pack! hee hee :lol: I love my lists and planning and preparing for a vacation! Just wanted to know your thoughts!! Thanks!!!! :wave:

Hot4Hudgens

[napoleondynamite]HECK YES, I DO![\napoleondynamite]

Haha. I'm definitely OCD, so sure enough, I'm making lists of things to take, shirts to wear with what shorts and shoes...the works. It's pretty sad, lol.

Now, if I could only decide what day to wear my Darkwing Duck shirt. Hehe.

Upvote 0

Susan Savia

Well I do wear my Animal Kingdom tees on the day we go to Animal Kingdom and my Mickey tees when we go into Magic Kingdom and of course my Epcot tees on the days were in that park. Have about 5 Epcot sweatshirts and one Disney World jacket, so I am well decked out in my WDW attire...

Upvote 0

Disney_Belle

I have ridiculous packing techniques. I overpack way too much. But only my bag. I start packing like 2 weeks early (I won't lie, I already put some new shirts I got from the Disney Store in my suitcase last week, and I don't leave until January!). DH can pack in 10 minutes. But then I always go through his bag the night before, tear it apart, and pack it back up checking of my very thorough list as I go (and thank goodness I do, or he would be missing stuff - never fails! LoL).

I also have a set routine for the plane. I refuse to wear red on the plane, I have a certain necklace I wear when flying, I always have my little precious moments bible in my carryon (I have anxiety when flying lol) and in the bible I have a bunch of pictures tucked in of all of my family. I also have these little message books (gift books) with little comforting quotes and sayings that my mom has bought me, and I read through them if I get nervous. They are cute and they calm me down. Oh... and the last part, I always step onto the plane with my right foot.... I'm weird I know, I drive my husband crazy with all my little routines to getting on the plane haha.

Upvote 0

DisneyPirate85

Wouldn't say we are OCD but if we go for 7 days we lay out 7 outfits. Now we do select, and match them all up and DW cordinates it all a little bit not to much then packs them so as to be sure not to forget anything. But then again...:lookaroun

Upvote 0

ThinkTink721

I do pick out the outfits for each day according to where we are going & what we will be doing.
It's not really to color coordinate, but to have everything together so that we can get ready quickly.
That way, you don't even have to think about it...you just get dressed & go!

:wave:

Upvote 0

RickyMouseMom

Like I said before, I am an OCD packer and not ashamed. It's nice to know I am not alone. I also failed to mention I pack in order, so I can grab off the top of the pile and be ready to go. This is all planned out ahead of time according to which park. Kids and DH's luggage are all packed the same way. The kids always match also.

As for coordinating outifts, we have a set for myself, DH, DS5, and DS2. DS2 wore it for the last time in August, he is too big for our February trip. When I bought the outfits, DH was not too thrilled and complained, but wore it anyway to humor me. We've worn them on 3 trips now. When I told DH that DS2 outgrew his shirt, DH was bummed and said 'well you are going to buy a new set for us all, right?'!! My transformation on him is now completed :lookaroun

This is the best thread!!!

Upvote 0

Todd L

Hi All!

My friends all think i'm totally OCD (which is true :ROFLOL:) and they think it weird that I do this...but when you are planning your trips to WDW, do you plan your outfits for you and who you are traveling with? i.e. one day you might be in blue and yellow, another red and black? Not matching, but wearing like colors so you don't clash in the photos?? Everyone is like "what does your DH think?" And he doesn't care b/c then he doesn't have to pack! hee hee :lol: I love my lists and planning and preparing for a vacation! Just wanted to know your thoughts!! Thanks!!!! :wave:
An update. Went out last with the family to pick up some clothes for our upcoming trip (it gets really hard to find shorts in New York after october) I got 4 pairs of shorts and 3 shirts all of which can be mixed and matched so theres further proof of how little though I put into clothes . Shorts all Grey, Brown or dark green. Shirts all Grey ,white Brown or green. I wake up take a shower shove my hand in an unpacked suitcase and pull out any combination of clothes and on my merry way.

BTW Kohls is blowing out any leftover summer item for 70-90 percent off. All the above mention stuff cost me $42. Name brand stuff too.

Upvote 0

Camelot

I have never gone on a trip without writing up a packing list (no matter how small), a list of outfits/day to wear them, an itinerary list. It helps expedite the packing process for me, and is fun to do.

I am going to Disney in early December, but started the packing list over 3 months ago. The list has been revised a few times, but it's shaping up now, and I have started to set clothing and other items aside. The actual packing won't take place until the week or so before the trip.

I bought some luggage locks ("Travel Sentry Key Lock") that are identified so that the airline security will know that they can unlock the lock, without destroying it. Does anyone have first hand experience using these locks on their checked luggage, and the lock being there when you claim your bag???

Upvote 0

kennyj29

We go for 12 days every year and we pack 6 days worth of clothes and do laundry, I am not an overpacker. We have plenty of disney clothes but we always buy more every trip. We also always sent one or two boxes home from the hotel every year. To coordinate colors of clothes for pictures, that's a little over the top for me! :shrug:

Upvote 0

disneygirl76

Original Poster
I have ridiculous packing techniques. I overpack way too much. But only my bag. I start packing like 2 weeks early (I won't lie, I already put some new shirts I got from the Disney Store in my suitcase last week, and I don't leave until January!). DH can pack in 10 minutes. But then I always go through his bag the night before, tear it apart, and pack it back up checking of my very thorough list as I go (and thank goodness I do, or he would be missing stuff - never fails! LoL).

I also have a set routine for the plane. I refuse to wear red on the plane, I have a certain necklace I wear when flying, I always have my little precious moments bible in my carryon (I have anxiety when flying lol) and in the bible I have a bunch of pictures tucked in of all of my family. I also have these little message books (gift books) with little comforting quotes and sayings that my mom has bought me, and I read through them if I get nervous. They are cute and they calm me down. Oh... and the last part, I always step onto the plane with my right foot.... I'm weird I know, I drive my husband crazy with all my little routines to getting on the plane haha.

Ha ha! I've already packed for DH and I!! Just have a list of last little bits that can't be packed to the last minute. :lol: I have a flying and driving routine too. We wear the same things - our "travel" clothes - shoes with no laces and no metal on! ha ha And even if we drive, then we still wear the same outfits. And I have to pack the car, pack the bags - the only one I can't do is the DH's laptop. And ever time I leave, I have to be the last one to leave and check everything two times. :lookaroun Sometimes I drive my self crazy! :hammer: But we always have a great trip and we don't forget anything!!! :ROFLOL: ha ha My DH is great about understanding! He thinks i'm crazy...but he understands! :lol:

Upvote 0

disneygirl76

Original Poster
Like I said before, I am an OCD packer and not ashamed. It's nice to know I am not alone. I also failed to mention I pack in order, so I can grab off the top of the pile and be ready to go. This is all planned out ahead of time according to which park. Kids and DH's luggage are all packed the same way. The kids always match also.

As for coordinating outifts, we have a set for myself, DH, DS5, and DS2. DS2 wore it for the last time in August, he is too big for our February trip. When I bought the outfits, DH was not too thrilled and complained, but wore it anyway to humor me. We've worn them on 3 trips now. When I told DH that DS2 outgrew his shirt, DH was bummed and said 'well you are going to buy a new set for us all, right?'!! My transformation on him is now completed :lookaroun

This is the best thread!!!

I'm still laughing at the transformation comment!!! :lol: And I agree...this is the best thread!! My DH asked if I was chatting with WDWOCDers! ha ha :ROFLOL: Yes sir I am!!

Upvote 0

Tinkrbell

I bought some luggage locks ("Travel Sentry Key Lock") that are identified so that the airline security will know that they can unlock the lock, without destroying it. Does anyone have first hand experience using these locks on their checked luggage, and the lock being there when you claim your bag???

Sometimes I'll get a small sticker that says "TSA cleared MKE" or "TSA cleared MCO" on the tag the airlines puts on my suitcase. I dont get them on every trip, so Im guessing that's what they put on your suitcase to let you know they opened it. I've never had any problems with the Travel Sentry locks & they are always there when I get my bag either in the room or at baggage claim.

Hope this helps!

Upvote 0

Camelot

Sometimes I'll get a small sticker that says "TSA cleared MKE" or "TSA cleared MCO" on the tag the airlines puts on my suitcase. I dont get them on every trip, so Im guessing that's what they put on your suitcase to let you know they opened it. I've never had any problems with the Travel Sentry locks & they are always there when I get my bag either in the room or at baggage claim.

Hope this helps!

Yes, Thanks for the information.
It's been about 6 years since I have flown, and I don't remember these "TSA Sentry Key Locks" being around before, or else I just didn't notice them.

Upvote 0

rickarenu91

Absolutely coordinate out clothes!! I actually made shirts for me and my girls.......had people as me where to buy them. LOL. The only sad thing was that when I packed my summer clothes away, dh accidentally took the wrong box to good will.....all of my disney clothes are gone :( So now all I have are my memories.....but my girls still have their shirts, however I'm not sure they'll fit them next time we go, so I guess I'll just have to make new ones and buy all new shirts to wear:eek:

Upvote 0

disneygirl76

Original Poster
Absolutely coordinate out clothes!! I actually made shirts for me and my girls.......had people as me where to buy them. LOL. The only sad thing was that when I packed my summer clothes away, dh accidentally took the wrong box to good will.....all of my disney clothes are gone :( So now all I have are my memories.....but my girls still have their shirts, however I'm not sure they'll fit them next time we go, so I guess I'll just have to make new ones and buy all new shirts to wear:eek:

Oh no! But you are right...brand new shirts for next time! That will be so much fun to coordinate and make new ones! :sohappy: I can't wait for my DH and I to have kiddies - then we can coordinate the family pics at Disney! And I definitely plan on our little one's (when ever we will be blessed with one) first hair cut at the Barber Shop on Main Street!! I can picture that scrap book page already!! :lol:

Upvote 0

disneygirl76

Original Poster
I have ridiculous packing techniques. I overpack way too much. But only my bag.

So I totally tried not to overpack - and I think I managed and i planned out every outfit for day and evening. I just finished packing (I know - like a month early!) but i tried to lift my luggage on the bed and I needed the DH to do it!! It weighed a freaking ton!! One of the heaviest bags yet!!! I thought I was being so good!!!!!! :lol: Oh well - once it is on the ground, that is what the wheels are for!!!

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom