Disney's Hollywood Studios: What's Next

Bolna

Yeah - what about Crush's Coaster? People have reported this ride as being amazing, but yet sounds family friendly enough that it could take a lot of stress off Toy Story..

I think the problem with Crush's Coaster its the low capacity it has. It has a constant 40 minute minimum wait right (often much more) from park opening. And while it is a fun ride - I would not call it amazing. It is an off the shelf Maurer & Söhne coaster which is in the dark and nicely themed and has a "dark ride" portion at the start of the ride. It also has a 42 inch minimum height.

But as usual with Paris, there is never any official confirmation until near opening anyway. So who knows? haha

Well, Philippe Gas mentioned in a newspaper interview that there will be a new attraction opening in 2014 and as I understood it that is taken as a reference to the Ratatouille ride. After all there are cranes on sight according to the pictures I have seen, so I guess they are already building it. I guess the question is just how much the budget will be cut during the building process, so who knows what we really will end up with...

aladdin2007

It will be three rides including Ratatouille!

Pooh's Hunny Hunt (Tokyo)
Mystic Manor (Hong Kong - Spring 2013)
Ratatouille (Paris - 2014)

Basically every current worldwide "resort" (not including Shanghai, although I bet it will eventually be there) apart from both American resorts!

At least we'll be able to experience similar (if not the same) technology at Antartica at SeaWorld Orlando!

The technology would be perfect for use in Imagination, and they have looked at that possibility but of course it all comes down to money and TDO just doesnt.............well we know the story....but Kathy Magnum do you hear us pretty please? :) We would love to see a pooh honey hunt style system here, and Disney World has the real estate for it without even having to build a new show building.

aladdin2007

It isn't really that we all want Cars Land over something of similar caliber and scope. It's that we want something impressive and game-changing at DHS and since R&D is done already, the chances of Radiator Springs Racers coming is much greater than Disney starting from scratch to create an environment on the same scale. I'd say the chances of the latter happening are pretty much zero at this point.

I agree, but I would be worried that for here they would not do all the incredible show scenes of the inside portion, we would get a watered down smaller version.

AndyMagic

High maintenance costs but more importantly, low capacity.
No. Pooh in Tokyo has a slightly higher capacity than several high profile recent additions to Disney World including Midway Mania. Let's not make excuses here. It hasn't been built in Florida because of cost concerns. Plain and simple. If capacity were an issue the vehicles could be designed to accommodate 8 guests instead of 4 fairly easily.

koryadams

I would say they should do something, whether small or big. But keep Fantasmic...just update majorly. Have you ever thought about putting World of Color at like Downtown Disney? It would be hard to put it anywhere else I think. BUt yeah Hollywood Studios needs attention! It's screaming "expand me!" lol

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
It will be three rides including Ratatouille!

Pooh's Hunny Hunt (Tokyo)
Mystic Manor (Hong Kong - Spring 2013)
Ratatouille (Paris - 2014)

Basically every current worldwide "resort" (not including Shanghai, although I bet it will eventually be there) apart from both American resorts!

At least we'll be able to experience similar (if not the same) technology at Antartica at SeaWorld Orlando!
Four. Aquatopia at TDS uses LPS technology too.

habuma

As I read this thread and other similar threads, it occurs to me that we have the makings of a fun little contest here. I've seen several suggestions for what some people would do to update DHS if they were in charge, some in just textual descriptions and a handful with mocked up maps. I think it'd be awesome if we did some at-home imagineering and come up with some detailed plans for what we think DHS should be.

Individuals or teams could put together convincing proposals (with descriptions, maps, artistic imagery, financials, phased rollout plans, mockups in RCT3, etc) of what they'd like to see take place in DHS. At some date these could be judged based on financial feasibility, creativity/innovation, crowd-balance, and just overall wow-factor.

I think this would be a ton of fun, even if the efforts never go anywhere. Now, to be clear, I'm more of the idea guy here and I'm not in a position to coordinate it or offer prizes or any such thing. But I'd love to see what ideas others come up with, especially if those ideas are given serious and thoughtful design (e.g, more than just a few paragraphs on this forum). Maybe someone on this forum with the right connections could put the winning idea(s) in front of the real TDO (either for thoughtful consideration or under-the-rug sweeping, depending on the attitudes in play).

NoChesterHester

Has the cost of LPS, which I'm guessing is mostly in installation, been going down enough that we'll see more rides using it post Ratatouille?

Isn't the added cost primarily that everything has to be constructed? It isn't like an omnimover where your vehicle turns your field of view so only what is in front of you have to be created, in LPS your vehicle enters a fully themed room without breaks based on view corridor.

I would say they should do something, whether small or big. But keep Fantasmic...just update majorly. Have you ever thought about putting World of Color at like Downtown Disney? It would be hard to put it anywhere else I think. BUt yeah Hollywood Studios needs attention! It's screaming "expand me!" lol

I don't think that Disney would do that though, since Downtown Disney cannot make them any money. If they wanted to make a show like WOC, they would put it in some type of park setting, since they can charge a fee. If they put it in DD, people from all over the country would come and see it because it would be free. Disney is not a giveaway type of company.... more like "money, money, money!" (Especially from the corporate wallet side of things...)

djlaosc

I believe that was a plan, yes.

I don't know what to think about that...

Obviously, they wouldn't give it away for free in DTD, and at least it could be something else to do at night (although the night-time situation should never have gotten as bad as it is is now), but if it had been put inside a park, it could be seen as "free" (they wouldn't charge you to see it, it would be included in the ticket price, although they do/possibly would raise the ticket price), and could extend the park hours.

Is what I'm saying making any sense?

+ Gives us a chance to get a WOC-type show
+ Something to do at DTD
+ Something else to do at night
- There was already something to do at DTD at night - if that was still there, then maybe this wouldn't be necessary
- Extra cost - If it was in a park, it would be included in the ticket price

Tim_4

- Extra cost - If it was in a park, it would be included in the ticket price
My guess is that it would be included in your park admission. By "extra cost" it means you'd have to pay if you were a local or whatever who just showed up at DTD, but the show would be included for resort guests/park hoppers/multi-day passes with "plus" features, etc.

djlaosc

My guess is that it would be included in your park admission. By "extra cost" it means you'd have to pay if you were a local or whatever who just showed up at DTD, but the show would be included for resort guests/park hoppers/multi-day passes with "plus" features, etc.

True, our UK tickets include ESPNWWOS, DisneyQuest and Disney's Oak Trail Golf Course (Oak Trail replaced Pleasure Island after it was closed) - it could just be added as another "perk" to tickets (would that be the Water Parks and More Option for Magic Your Way tickets?)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom