Disney's Hollywood Studios: What's Next

ZaneB

I don't think Cars 2 should have a stunt show and we can't put Marvel in the Florida parks because of a dispute with Universal. I think the theming and title of Sunset Boulveard should stay put, and for that 'Disney Greats' thing, Toy Story isn't Disney (It's Pixar). And I'm not sure how a ranch would do in a theme park haha.

Yes I understand about the Marvel thing. This was just what I thought would be awesome anyway, no expansion would do this :p but from what I hear, the universal marvel contract ends soon! Although Pixar did make Toy Story, it was distributed by Disney and they helped very much. To this day it is still referred to as a disney pixar movie. And there is a Ranch at DL Anaheim.

doctornick

Why aren't we clamoring for a clone of the Rattaollie Dark Ride going into Paris rather than Cars Land? Oh, because we have seen Cars Land and want it.

If WDI can design what is supposed to be an E-Ticket experience off a rat pretending to be a chef in a French Restaurant, they can develop some original and unique concepts for the Florida parks...

I'm all for bringing the Ratatouille ride to DHS (or France in Epcot). Or bringing Crush's Coaster or Monsters, Inc Ride and Go Seek or Flik's Flyers. I don't have a problem with clones and I suspect any large scale upgrade to DHS would include at least some clones. If 5 attractions get added and 3 are clones, that's fine.

On that note, I have thought that if they want to represent multiple franchises in Pixar Place that adding Mater's Junkyard Jamboree would be the way to go. They need more kids rides, people seem to enjoy that ride and it's a small enough footprint that it would be a nice complementary piece to a large expansion. That way they can leave RSR in Cali and let it continue to be a draw (along with all of Carsland together) and use something else as the big draw E-ticket to Pixar Place (maybe something based on the Incredibles or Up).

doctornick

WOW. This is really smart. I never thought about it before, but you are so right. The Incredibles could be used in Florida and the same ride could be built in California using Marvel characters instead. So Florida Disney parks could get superheroes too without any Marvel opportunities.

So smart. I really hope they do something like this!

A ride based on the Incredibles could be a clone of one based on the Fantastic Four with such ease, it's just ridiculous. 3/4 of the family have the exact same powers as the Fantastic Four and Syndrome is a reasonable facsimile of Dr. Doom. It's a matter of converting Human Torch scenes to Dash which wouldn't be that tough.

menamechris

I'm all for bringing the Ratatouille ride to DHS (or France in Epcot). Or bringing Crush's Coaster or Monsters, Inc Ride and Go Seek or Flik's Flyers. I don't have a problem with clones and I suspect any large scale upgrade to DHS would include at least some clones. If 5 attractions get added and 3 are clones, that's fine.

Yeah - what about Crush's Coaster? People have reported this ride as being amazing, but yet sounds family friendly enough that it could take a lot of stress off Toy Story..

doctornick

Yeah - what about Crush's Coaster? People have reported this ride as being amazing, but yet sounds family friendly enough that it could take a lot of stress off Toy Story..

I think Crush's Coaster would be awesome add for WDW from what I've seen of it. The main negative about it that I could see is that it would be yet another Nemo attraction -- putting that movie in 3 WDW parks, while many other significant franchises have one or none! It wouldn't bother me, really, a good attraction is a good attraction, but I cn already see the complaining on sites like this if Crush's Coaster were added to DHS, especially if it were the "big ride" in an expansion.

To be fair, I think it would work best as the secondary ride in an expansion where the big E0ticket was something original based on, say, The Incredibles. Do that, have Crush's Coaster and/or the Monsters Inc Door coaster and then fill in with smaller simpler rides (rides like Mater's Junkyard Jamboree, Flik's Flyers, Slinky Dog Spin, et al) and you'd have a great Pixar Place.

ellie-badge

I heard that the Ratatouille coaster being built in Disneyland Paris was going to be just like Crush's Coaster, but themed to... well, Ratatouille. That could always be an alternative if that were true. Does anybody know if that's just a rumor?

dlpwishes

I heard that the Ratatouille coaster being built in Disneyland Paris was going to be just like Crush's Coaster, but themed to... well, Ratatouille. That could always be an alternative if that were true. Does anybody know if that's just a rumor?

I'm pretty sure it isn't a coaster but more of a 'dark ride' and is rumoured to be using the Honey Hunt tech from Tokyo, on two floors.

ellie-badge

I'm pretty sure it isn't a coaster but more of a 'dark ride' and is rumoured to be using the Honey Hunt tech from Tokyo, on two floors.

Wow, am I out of the loop... Thanks for the info, though! Sounds like Team Paris has really been developing the heck out of their addition-to-be since I last heard about it.

Kirk88

Carsland is doing great in California but, I think it needs to stay unique to DCA. There are so many options for DHS to capitalize on. Expanding "Lucas-land" would be huge, adding TRON would be a hit, even expanding Toy Story or making Pixar Place more than just TSMM would be big.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Indeed. If the budget comes through Rattatouie in WDSP will use the LPS tech from Tokyos Pooh (and HKs Mystic Point)

I hope that if it's a clone (I'd much rather have something original, but you never know) , it's something from overseas. I'd much rather have Toy Story Playland, than Carsland because it will not steal the thunder from DCA. DHS definitely needs something, and I hope it happens before these things get out of hand.

AndyMagic

Why is it that Disney has now built two rides (including Ratatouille) with this innovative ride system and neither of them are located on this continent? It seems like a huge waste of research and development to me. There is no reason Little Mermaid couldn't use this tech but instead we got an omnimover that is less impressive than the omnimover they built in the 70's down the street. I know a ride system isn't everything but it can go a long way to giving guests an intimate and engaging experience.

djlaosc

Why is it that Disney has now built two rides (including Ratatouille) with this innovative ride system and neither of them are located on this continent? It seems like a huge waste of research and development to me. There is no reason Little Mermaid couldn't use this tech but instead we got an omnimover that is less impressive than the omnimover they built in the 70's down the street. I know a ride system isn't everything but it can go a long way to giving guests an intimate and engaging experience.

It will be three rides including Ratatouille!

Pooh's Hunny Hunt (Tokyo)
Mystic Manor (Hong Kong - Spring 2013)
Ratatouille (Paris - 2014)

Basically every current worldwide "resort" (not including Shanghai, although I bet it will eventually be there) apart from both American resorts!

At least we'll be able to experience similar (if not the same) technology at Antartica at SeaWorld Orlando!

jrlbc06

Yes I understand about the Marvel thing. This was just what I thought would be awesome anyway, no expansion would do this :p but from what I hear, the universal marvel contract ends soon!

Not sure where you're hearing that but it's wrong. The Universal Marvel Contract does not have an end date

AndyMagic

It will be three rides including Ratatouille!

Pooh's Hunny Hunt (Tokyo)
Mystic Manor (Hong Kong - Spring 2013)
Ratatouille (Paris - 2014)

Basically every current worldwide "resort" (not including Shanghai, although I bet it will eventually be there) apart from both American resorts!

At least we'll be able to experience similar (if not the same) technology at Antartica at SeaWorld Orlando!

I completely forgot about Mystic Manor. It looks incredible. At least the creative folks at WDI who continually get their designs shelved at the American resorts can look forward to knowing they may eventually see the light of day... in Tokyo.

AndyMagic

Why would we want Carsland (aka Test Track 2) at DHS?

There are plenty of brands that deserve their own land.

It isn't really that we all want Cars Land over something of similar caliber and scope. It's that we want something impressive and game-changing at DHS and since R&D is done already, the chances of Radiator Springs Racers coming is much greater than Disney starting from scratch to create an environment on the same scale. I'd say the chances of the latter happening are pretty much zero at this point.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom