Disneyland's Rise Of The Resistance - Reviews, Criticism, Deep Thoughts

DanielBB8

its been some years but again i am asking because obviously things have changes since i last went so there is no way for me to know if this is something they do at bag check or not since last time i went
1. i went through bag check
2. went to the gate
3. gate scanned my pre-purchased ticket and let me right in with NO PICTURE TAKEN & NO EXCHANGE OF MY TICKET FOR ANOTHER TICKET
So if not you can someone else then please be courteous enough to explain the modern day process so I don't have to watch a vlogger you tube video on the subject? it would be most appreciated, especially with out the attitude.
I already explained the process to you. Plus, they take your picture every time for any ticket at the gate.

kpilcher

The way it's been going at DHS it's really more about how much space is available past the turnstiles to hold the pre-dawn crowds before the park opens. It's a process dictated by square footage in the entry area, not the total of daily or annual attendance.

Once you've scanned into the park and they've turned on the App for the day you can join a Boarding Group, and from recent memory and a glance at Google Earth it would seem that DHS and Disneyland both have roughly the same amount of square footage in their Town Square and Main Street/Hollywood Blvd. "opening act" entrance areas.

You're on vacation! Smile! This is fun! Get a Boarding Group Ahora!
DHS5-1024x768.jpg

crowd-hollywood-studios-disney-world-725.jpg

That tells me that the rate at which Boarding Groups book out won't be much faster at Disneyland than it already is at DHS; roughly 60 to 90 minutes after the App allows folks inside the park to grab one. The vastly higher annual attendance at Disneyland won't have much impact on that early morning process I don't think.

That said, please feel free to correct any of those basic stats I'm using here. Particularly the grand total of about 15,000 Boarding Group reservations available per day at Disneyland's 8am to Midnight operation. :)
You have a lot right about the layout. DHS’s Entrance plaza and Hollywood Blvd. was designed at almost exactly the same length and scale as Town Square & Main St. USA at DL. That was a purposeful thought model, and IIRC designers even used the DL blueprints as a starting place for placement (Though obviously there are differences as finally built)

chadwpalm

In the Parks
No
.I think they also photograph for 1 day 1 park tickets. I think it's every ticket now that hand stamps aren't a thing.
Ah, okay. The last two times I've gone in on a single day with a single park was last June, and the time before that was Dec. '18. They very well could have taken my picture and I don't remember. Not sure when they moved to taking pictures for everyone.

Animaniac93-98

It made him uncomfortable because it was unexpected and seemed like a weird thing to have to do when you are just entering a theme park. He didn't make a scene or anything.

I don't get the picture taking thing. No other Disney theme park does this.

Is it to prevent ticket re-selling/transferring?

SuddenStorm

Yes. Instead of hand stamps, they can now just check your picture. Also super helpful with multi day tickets since it prevents people selling the extra days.

Californian Elitist

What people were doing was buying multi-day tickets and selling each day individually to people. So after using the ticket, people would have to return it to the owner so their other customers could use the other days. They’d sell each individual day for maybe $85-100 and would make a nice profit.

The pictures make sure people can’t do that anymore.

Old Mouseketeer

I got to ride RotR this week. I didn't think I was going to get to go, but my friend's guest for the CM preview was too sick to go and I was invited at the last minute.

WOW!!!

I had read a lot of spoilers about it, but was still very surprised. Yes, it's huge--bigger than Indy. But I think it's more like three rides in one. The shuttle ride at the beginning is a brilliant first act that literally places you at the center of the action. I have been anticipating the hanger bay ever since my first glimpse of the rendering. I followed its construction until they closed the outside walls. None of that prepared me for the stunning vista I beheld when I entered this vast space. Only the First Order Officers barking out orders to leave could pry me away from this spectacular, immersive environment The very idea of going through the halls of a star destroyer was thrilling in itself, but pursuing this story line (or being pursued) through the long center section of the story was fantastic. There were special effects I didn't expect and it was all more than I could take in after just one ride. The Escape Pod sequence was more than I expected and packed a lot of action in a short sequence for a very satisfying finale. I know CMs who have ridden three and four times who said it took several rides to take everything in--one of the signs of a great attraction.

I absolutely loved it. I had heard a couple of years ago that Imagineering was throwing everything they had into it and that it was supposed to be the new "giant killer" in the industry. I think these are both true. This is linear storytelling on a grand scale and it succeeds wonderfully. There were new special effects unlike anything I have seen before. It's full of surprises, wrong turns, and spectacular set pieces (AT-ATs anyone?).

More importantly, RotR really fleshes out Galaxy's Edge. It creates a balancing counterpoint to Blackspire Outpost and the occupying First Order. The storyline of the resistance evacuating sympathizers/recruits makes sense given the increased presence of the First Order. It doesn't make up for the lack of live entertainment in the land, but it really adds substance. I loved how the long queue builds anticipation. My friend was very taken by the different rooms (he wanted to move in and live in the caves).

I would rate this a true E+ ticket because it truly advances the ball. I expect long lines for a long time to come. I can't wait to ride it again and again and see other friends' reactions on their first rides!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom