Disneyland's Rise Of The Resistance - Reviews, Criticism, Deep Thoughts

TP2000

Original Poster
Hi gang. We've got a spirited general discussion ongoing in the main Star Wars Land thread here, but it's time we have a place dedicated to the big E Ticket of the land, and perhaps the biggest E Ticket that Disney has created since Radiator Springs Racers. Maybe it will even surpass Racers in its scale and pure enjoyment? (That's a tall order!)

This thread will be the place to talk about all things Rise Of The Resistance at Disneyland. The darn thing opens in 36 hours out in Florida, so while there has been a very odd (maybe even suspiciously ominous?) radio silence out there with no documented ride previews yet, we will likely be flooded with YouTube ride videos and endless photos and reports by this weekend. We will surely need to use this thread to post those Florida reports here, before the Disneyland version opens on January 17th, 2020.

I'll kick things off with a dollop of snark to temper what will surely be glowing reviews within 48 hours... :cool:

Here's a rather uninspiring photo of Star Wars Land ride operators and an Earth manager standing in front of their closed ride at Disneyland this past June. They are doing that thing that American CM's so often do where they talk amongst themselves under their breath and/or stare silently into the middle distance and ignore any customer who might get close to them. It's a uniquely American skill that Japanese CM's are incapable of! USA! USA! USA! :rolleyes:

Rise-of-the-Resistance-Entry-MiceChat.jpg

Darkbeer1

I want to say a few things....

Alas, I still have enough brain cells to keep my mouth (and fingers) shut.

I will enjoy reading the comments, and will wait until the official DL opening to comment on the attraction.

Lisa is so excited to be going Sunday from open to close. Lucky that the tickets are in my name. so I get to also go;)

Time to put together our new manger scene. I like it, all white made of PVC and stores easily.....

Now, it better last, as we spent $300 for the basic scene, and will add to it for the next few years, unless we win the lottery.....

OK, please post and share what you find. If I come across something good, and an opinion other than mine, I will share.

Happy Holidays.

Guess I need to add popcorn to my Christmas gift list.

Sailor310

From the WDW side of this site today:

SWGalaxysEdge
This just in from WDW... (this is not going to go well tomorrow)

"We’ve been encountering downtime’s all day yesterday. It’s been taking 3-4 hours to get back up. Then when we get back up, it faults again.
We only had 2 perfect days last week. Also, yesterday Bob Chapeak, and Josh D, and other executives were at Rise and it kept going down. Main issue drops / lifts! They were filming a commercial on the attraction and the camera crew had to be evacuated. "

I would REALLY like this ride to be a wonderful success on all fronts, but.....

Last edited:

Darkbeer1

From the WDW side of this site today:

"We’ve been encountering downtime’s all day yesterday. It’s been taking 3-4 hours to get back up. Then when we get back up, it faults again.
We only had 2 perfect days last week. Also, yesterday Bob Chapeak, and Josh D, and other executives were at Rise and it kept going down. Main issue drops / lifts! They were filming a commercial on the attraction and the camera crew had to be evacuated. "

https://www.thekitchn.com/recipe-honey-brown-butterpopcorn-239842

George Lucas on a Bench

It's kind of exciting, but still lame that Disneyland's is delayed. But it sounds like Disneyworld's is a nonfunctioning disaster anyway. Some naysayers were saying that Disney was jumping the gun opening WDW's early and I guess we'll see.

I'm excited that it's a ride that isn't a capsule with a screen, but I saw screens in new footage, which is disappointing. I have no idea what to expect from the "drop", but it has my interest, as does the fact that it's a dark ride with robots and scenery, not just a simulator.

TP2000

Original Poster

Oh, dear. :oops:

I hate to be rude, but...

This makes me laugh, and reminds me this should be fun to check in on each day at 5 o'clock with a cocktail.

Sailor310

Yep, I can wait for them to wring the bugs out. My AP has expired so I was going to take a break, but it seems like they're going to raise prices again next year. I might have buy a pass sooner to get ahead of the price increase.

TP2000

Original Poster
As we await YouTube videos and ride reviews from DHS, and we assume that the ride experience once you get inside the building will be identical, one of the most noticeable differences between the two versions is the exterior and queue.

For reference, here is a recent aerial view of DHS and its Resistance queue complex. The blue circle is the queue entrance structure pictured at the start of this thread where bored CM's have been staring silently into the middle distance since the land opened, and the blue arrow is the exit path out of the building after you crash back onto Batuu. The red arrow is the land entry point from Grand Avenue.

InkedDHS_LI.jpg

And here is Disneyland's version taken from roughly the same angle of the same queue area and land entry. Blue circle and blue arrow note the same ride facility concepts as DHS, while the red arrow notes the land entry from Critter Country.

InkedDisneyland_LI.jpg

As per usual with these sorts of photos, all credit goes to Bioreconstruct on Twitter and his fantastic flying machine.

Oh, look at that, it's the stroke of 5 o'clock, time to toast the Resistance with a cocktail! 🍸

Last edited:

Darkbeer1

I have a question. Can someone point out all the emergency exits on the DL building in case the ride goes 101? Thanks.

mickEblu

It bothers me the storm troopers on the second level in the AT-AT scene originally looked to be animatronic (in the original teaser), but now they look to be projections. :(

same here. ESP because there are only four of em. How bout we only get 46 in the hangar and put 4 there instead?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom