Disneyland Maintenance Reporting Thread

waltography

Rejoice! The full-length Sallah preshow for the Indiana Jones Adventure has returned (according to Reddit). I'm so relieved -- I saw the abridged 20-second edit for myself back in April; it was unlike anything I have ever experienced, I assure you.
Thank god. It was becoming a Ghost Host-narration thing with the unfavorables and I couldn't handle it for much longer.

PiratesMansion

Rejoice! The full-length Sallah preshow for the Indiana Jones Adventure has returned (according to Reddit). I'm so relieved -- I saw the abridged 20-second edit for myself back in April; it was unlike anything I have ever experienced, I assure you.
GOOD.

The cut down version was insufferable and didn't make any sense. You want to cut it down to only show the safety stuff? Ok fine. So WHY did they cut the bit about the seatbelts, it presumably being important to include the safety restraints of the ride you're about to do in a safety video?

CaptinEO

Original Poster
This is not the case. It is the 20 second version as of yesterday. No Eye on The Globe, it was only sallahs safety instructions.

Last edited:

Homemade Imagineering

BAA85299-E544-4C71-AD8B-8B3D1951CFF6.jpeg
As of today these two figures are missing

Too Many Hats

Splash is a mess today. One positive of getting absolutely humiliatingly drenched, though, is that you’re so distraught the broken/missing AAs barely register.

Looking forward to them (hopefully) implementing an update that can more easily be maintained.

Pie in the sky fantasy — they use the PATF construction closure as an opportunity to fix the flawed engineering.

MoonRakerSCM

Went on Rise last night. The queue is an absolute dust ball. Don't dare look up in the various rooms leading up to the preshow... all of the piping/conduit/catwalks are completely fuzzed with dust. The lockers you walk by are completely weighted down by dust as well. My friends and I were pointing it out in the locker room (we had some fun joking these are the lockers of fallen pilots and thus are not touched out of respect) and guests around us took noticed and were disgusted.

waltography

IJA effect update: the fog screen with tree branch projection is working again (it wasn't when I last went two weeks ago); boulder room is still a bust though.

In interesting RotR news, I got stuck in the cannon room for about a minute and got to hear some fun dialogue I hadn't heard before. Seems like the dispatching for the ride was off on our ride as the cascading was pretty bad at the end.

The Rocket animatronic in M:B wasn't working, so we ended up getting an animated Rocket on screen.

Last edited:

Too Many Hats

Two of the turntables on Pirates are broken/motionless. Couple AAs are messed up. One (very) positive note, though -- Redd's volume has been turned way, way down. Maybe they've heard the complaints.

Also, during my ride Saturday morning, Big Thunder's finale was a bust. No fog, and no "explosion" projections.

Too Many Hats

That was fixed by yesterday morning; first ride of the day was BTMRR and it had the full fog explosion effect.

Awesome! Seems like a sequence of effects that probably comes and goes from day to day. That said, while the fog is often inconsistent, I'd never seen the projections fail (or be turned off) before -- so I'm glad to hear it's fixed.

waltography

Awesome! Seems like a sequence of effects that probably comes and goes from day to day. That said, while the fog is often inconsistent, I'd never seen the projections fail (or be turned off) before -- so I'm glad to hear it's fixed.
When you say projections, does that include the fuses that line the sides of the lift hill or just the explosions? I've seen it where the main explosion doessn't seem to appear/are super faint as well, but I always thought it was because there were two sets of explosions (one that was just general colors to project on the fog, and another more detailed projection that included sparks for when the fog was off).

chadwpalm

In the Parks
No
My last trip was a two-day trip and the fog didn't work on the explosion the first day but did work the second day. It's probably something they can fix overnight or maybe the liquid they use to generate the fog runs out after some time and they have to refill it.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom