Disneyland Maintenance Reporting Thread

Disney Analyst

Hmmm either I missed it or it wasn’t working when I rode it.

This is from when the ride first reopened:

Screen Shot 2023-06-22 at 12.40.25 PM.png

and this is now with the restored smoke to mask all the "lava pods" that create the lava effect:

Screen Shot 2023-06-22 at 12.41.04 PM.png

mickEblu

Three rides in a row today…

Haunted Mansion - Hitchhiking ghosts were not there. Just stared at ourselves in the mirror.

Indiana Jones - Boulder scene wasn’t working and then we sat idle after the drop for 5 minutes before we moved again. Lava Fog was looking nice though.

Space Mountain - some dude forgot his phone in our vehicle and made a huge scene. We had just left load about to make the right up the lift hill. They stopped the entire ride to give the guy his phone back. Had to us get out of our vehicle and go back in line. The ride was down for 20 minutes. Some domino effect of not having “enough parking spots” for the coaster cars throughout the ride.

SuddenStorm

Three rides in a row today…

Haunted Mansion - Hitchhiking ghosts were not there. Just stared at ourselves in the mirror.

When I rode Haunted Mansion last May, the Ah, there you are. And just in time. There's a little matter I forgot to mention. Beware, of hitchhiking ghosts part of the spiel wasn't playing in the Doom Buggy. Same thing when I rode it a few weeks ago.

Weird.

Indiana Jones - Boulder scene wasn’t working and then we sat idle after the drop for 5 minutes before we moved again. Lava Fog was looking nice though.

When I rode Indy a month ago, the boulder was definitely not operating at 100%. The walls weren't moving. This was post refurb... it's a shame the ride still isn't where it should be.
Space Mountain - some dude forgot his phone in our vehicle and made a huge scene. We had just left load about to make the right up the lift hill. They stopped the entire ride to give the guy his phone back. Had to us get out of our vehicle and go back in line. The ride was down for 20 minutes. Some domino effect of not having “enough parking spots” for the coaster cars throughout the ride.

My goodness, they couldn't just tell the guy to wait less than 5 minutes for the vehicle to come back? I'd make an argument that's a safety concern, and that he should be removed from the park.

Consumer

When I rode Haunted Mansion last May, the Ah, there you are. And just in time. There's a little matter I forgot to mention. Beware, of hitchhiking ghosts part of the spiel wasn't playing in the Doom Buggy. Same thing when I rode it a few weeks ago.

Weird.
I feel like it’s been a decade since I’ve heard that audio onboard Haunted Mansion.

PiratesMansion

I've constantly had issues with HM Doombuggy audio over my visits. A much higher percentage of my rides than I'd like have had some audio missing in my particular vehicle.

This has been happening for the entirety of the decade I've visited as an adult. I wish they'd get a handle on this issue-even the generally maintenance-averse WDW hasn't had this issue as frequently for me on their Mansion.

SuddenStorm

I've constantly had issues with HM Doombuggy audio over my visits. A much higher percentage of my rides than I'd like have had some audio missing in my particular vehicle.

This has been happening for the entirety of the decade I've visited as an adult. I wish they'd get a handle on this issue-even the generally maintenance-averse WDW hasn't had this issue as frequently for me on their Mansion.

There's also been reports and videos of HMH narration playing during the standard mansion, so I assume the audio issues are related to the overlay.

ProjectXBlog

When I went into Astro Blasters this past Sunday, the Buzz ”face” in the queue was wildly out of sync with his dialogue. I wonder how long that’s been going on.

TrainsOfDisney

When I went into Astro Blasters this past Sunday, the Buzz ”face” in the queue was wildly out of sync with his dialogue. I wonder how long that’s been going on.

I remember seeing that in June as well. Also the projections really don’t age well. Buzz’s face and mr. potato heads eyes look really bad

CaptinEO

Original Poster
Yesterday:

Big Thunder Down most of the day

Indiana Jones Down all evening

Mickey Minnie : Broke while we were on it around 1 and had to evac, when we left at 7 it was still down

Too Many Hats

Astro Blasters snark aside, Disneyland's headliners seemed to be in very good shape this past weekend. Indy, Pirates, HMH, RSR, Space, and Rise all looked nearly perfect. There was a ton of downtime though on Saturday, which is frustrating and a bad look (I overheard more than one guest say "Everything is broken!"). But I was pretty impressed with the state of the attractions I experienced.

waltography

Astro Blasters snark aside, Disneyland's headliners seemed to be in very good shape this past weekend. Indy, Pirates, HMH, RSR, Space, and Rise all looked nearly perfect. There was a ton of downtime though on Saturday, which is frustrating and a bad look (I overheard more than one guest say "Everything is broken!"). But I was pretty impressed with the state of the attractions I experienced.
Agreed! Indy was a true win in my eyes; pretty much every effect post-refurb was in working order including the boulder + wall. Astro Blasters even looked slightly better than usual inside the ride (once you got past the curtains anyway). Dunno if they swapped out lightbulbs but everything felt more vivid under the blacklight + the strobe lights at the end were brighter than my previous ride throughs.

It truly is the start of the fiscal year, bless their little hearts.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom