Disneyland Maintenance Reporting Thread

Californian Elitist

Do CMs get to do ride throughs,, throughout the day? Or is that a big no? And is there a camera covering every inch of all these rides?
CMs do ride-throughs before opening and at closing to report issues. Sometimes they will do a ride-through during the day if the ride is down for a particular reason, like a a maintenance or show issue. Other than that, they must rely on guests to report any issues with the ride. Cameras pick up some things, but not everything.

mickEblu

That’s great to hear! While maintenance is slower than it should be, it’s clear that things are still getting attention at Disneyland and that’s really great news.

Except Indiana Jones lol. But yes any good news is welcome these days. Little things like this or them bringing back the original Frontierland are encouraging.

Parteecia

CMs do ride-throughs before opening and at closing to report issues. Sometimes they will do a ride-through during the day if the ride is down for a particular reason, like a a maintenance or show issue. Other than that, they must rely on guests to report any issues with the ride. Cameras pick up some things, but not everything.
In Space Mountain's inaugural summer, it was obvious when my friend was chosen to do a ride-through for the first time. It didn't take long before, when she would let us in and go on with us, she was completely bored.

MarvelCharacterNerd

I was noticing an inordinate amount of trash on the ground on my most recent visit. Spilled food, wrappers, etc. They clearly do not have enough cast members to keep up (and maybe people are actually being less thoughtful/messier than before.)

It's getting to the point that I'm regularly thanking custodial for doing their job whenever I see them desperately trying to keep the restrooms clean and the towel and soap dispensers filled!

tcool123

I was noticing an inordinate amount of trash on the ground on my most recent visit. Spilled food, wrappers, etc. They clearly do not have enough cast members to keep up (and maybe people are actually being less thoughtful/messier than before.)

It's getting to the point that I'm regularly thanking custodial for doing their job whenever I see them desperately trying to keep the restrooms clean and the towel and soap dispensers filled!
Not just a Disney promblem: this was my view at Universal’s Islands of Adventure Hagrids queue a few nights ago:

61BE18ED-731E-4493-9683-90A6B4F208E9.jpeg

This was the worst trash can but many were overflowing and in one area there was vomit all over the floor. Truly believe this is just a labor issue for multiple parks across different chains to be like this

TrainsOfDisney

Just to clarify… this was Disneyland correct? I was there in the summer and in September and was pretty impressed with cleanliness. If anything it seemed better than pre-covid to me.

chadwpalm

In the Parks
No
According to the Refurbishment calendar, Indiana Jones Adventure will be closed for refurbishment beginning November 14th.
Just in time for the holiday season. Do we know for how long? Could be for a couple weeks or a couple months. I'm guessing they are more interested in having it done by the 100th anniversary than for Christmas. Again, depends on how long it will be down and what exactly they are doing.

Californian Elitist

I was at the parks yesterday. I saw a little more trash around each park than what I’m used to seeing, but the good thing is, almost immediately after I would pass some trash, a CM was not far away and would sweep it up. This happened a few times. Same with the tables at French Market. Due to the start of Fantasmic!, I couldn’t find a place to eat my food at French Market, so I settled for a table that had leftover plates. Within ten minutes, a CM came by and picked up the plates. They’re understaffed, but they’re doing their best.

The Alice ladies bathroom was immaculate. Very clean, stalls included.

AE185789-B85B-493E-B038-1C2DB607D2A7.jpeg

Too Many Hats

Visited the park Monday night. The mayor's wife is currently absent on Pirates, as is the dirty-foot pirate. Presumably they were in need of repair and will be back soon, much like Old Bill and the dog that woofs along with the singing trio (both now looking as good as ever). I'm glad the ride is getting some love; it really needed it. All four turntables were working Monday -- with no screeching!

D.Silentu

How about the steam puffs that constitute canon and musket fire? They were absent on my last visit, albeit a few months ago.

TrainsOfDisney

overall things are looking great! Here’s a few things I’ve noticed.

- Big thunder - no steam / fog effects on the 3rd lift. The steam engine by the lift hill is also stationary.

- Steam Trains - still no signal system so it’s a limit to 2 trains at a time which isn’t nearly enough on a busy day. Not sure when that will be fixed.

- lots of trash in Tomorrowland ride areas. I saw lots of trash in the space mountain and buzz light year Q…. Way more than anywhere else.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom