Disneyland Maintenance Reporting Thread

TrainsOfDisney

Oh! I assumed you were referring to the fog/“lava” in the main big scene, but idk why I jumped to that (maybe I just desperately want that effect to be working). Were you referring to the fog in the Gates of Doom scene?
Oh yeah.... Not that fog and you're right, that a major effect that's not working. I forgot about it.

I meant the fog effects by Indy at the beginning and end.

Too Many Hats

This is such a minor nitpick, but has anyone else noticed Lt. Bek's audio/mouth have been a little out of sync post-covid-closure? Kind of a bummer, since the AA is otherwise so impressive. It takes very little to break the illusion.

tcool123

Now that I took my once in a lifetime style trip, they should close this attraction down for refurbishment ASAP. It was consistently down throughout my trip which was great for me to snag as many anytime Lighting Lanes I wanted, but really awful first impression from my family as one of the things they took away was: "Everything was always breaking, this doesn't happen at Disney World". Unlike me my family are just casual fans, and don't go weekly to WDW like I do. So while WDW maintenance isn't as spectacular as they make it out to seem, to the average guest it just seemed like the rides were being poorly maintained.

Rides that went down the weekend I was there:
  • Disneyland, over the course of two days: Indiana Jones three times, Thunder Mountain, Space Mountain many times, Snow White's Enchanted Wish, Mark Twain's Steamboat, and The Many Adventure of Winnie the Pooh were to note.
  • DCA, one day: Monsters Inc twice (I knew operationally it had issues prior to going, but it's a busbar darkride it really shouldn't be as bad as it is), Radiator Springs Racers, Incredicoaster, Grizzly River Rapids multiple times
That's not the count the various effects/animatronics I noticed were not working as a first timer at the park:
  • Too many dolls to count at it's a small world
  • Pinocchio's eyelids in the first scene of Daring Journey
  • The torn apart and neglected Tom Sawyer Island
  • Various critters in Splash Mountain

Phroobar

I wonder if the mirror wall still moves back like it used to. Why is everyone paying premium prices for a substandard experience? Go to any other theme park in the world and things will be better maintained than at Disney parks.

Mark my words, someday someone is going to get hurt because of it.

MarvelCharacterNerd

One month later:

View attachment 653917

Also, the shaman was still missing.

Another month later (this is the third month's picture of what is becoming my personal park pet peeve):

IMG_6914.JPG

On a happier note - the shaman is FINALLY back where he belongs!

Disney Irish

Premium Member
Not spending half an hour waiting in line to tell them a post is messed up. They should be on top of this themselves after months of disrepair.
Even so, if its bothering you that much (enough to make a weekly post on it) then report it that is all I'm saying.

Also we don't know what is the reason it hasn't been fixed yet. There could be things on back order that is taking time to be received which is preventing it from being fixed. There is still a supply chain issue happening around the world. It appears Mark Twain is docked a couple times a week based on videos I've seen, so its getting at least some repair weekly. So I suspect it's already on the list.

MarvelCharacterNerd

Even so, if its bothering you that much (enough to make a weekly post on it) then report it that is all I'm saying.

Also we don't know what is the reason it hasn't been fixed yet. There could be things on back order that is taking time to be received which is preventing it from being fixed. There is still a supply chain issue happening around the world. It appears Mark Twain is docked a couple times a week based on videos I've seen, so its getting at least some repair weekly. So I suspect it's already on the list.
Lol I'm not posting about it weekly. This was a third post over the course of three months to track the progressive damage continuing over the entire summer. In the maintenance reporting thread. Not sure what else we are supposed to be discussing here if not that?

Disney Irish

Premium Member
Lol I'm not posting about it weekly. This was a third post over the course of three months to track the progressive damage continuing over the entire summer. In the maintenance reporting thread. Not sure what else we are supposed to be discussing here if not that?
I'm slightly just giving you a hard time since you posted its become your personal pet peeve. :)

Anyways carry on.....

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom