Disneyland Fantasmic Dragon Engulfed in Flames

TP2000

That said, although I can cut them some slack for having a crummy opening night based on that info above...

Overall, I'm still unimpressed with this show, and what it means for how the Parks are being led and operated today.

It was closed for over a year. The Company that owns this water show and the theme park facility it plays in wastes hundreds of millions of dollars on bomb movies and bad business decisions every year. Previous closures and remounts to this 32 year old show in the 2000's and 2010's were generally to add and plus up the original; adding new and upgraded stagecraft tech, adding new floats, new action, new effects, new Characters, etc.

But this time, all they did was cut back or remove stuff they used to have, and not add a single new thing to make up for it.

That isn't good enough. Sorry TDA, you can't downsize and take 3 steps back and expect praise and adulation for it. :rolleyes:

SuddenStorm

That isn't good enough. Sorry TDA, you can't downsize and take 3 steps back and expect praise and adulation for it. :rolleyes:

Yet praise and adulation is what they're getting. Many seem thrilled with this.

I will admit, as a die hard fan of the original I prefer this iteration to the awful 2017 version- but this is not something I would go out of my way to see. It still misses the mark.

jrhwdw

That said, although I can cut them some slack for having a crummy opening night based on that info above...

Overall, I'm still unimpressed with this show, and what it means for how the Parks are being led and operated today.

It was closed for over a year. The Company that owns this water show and the theme park facility it plays in wastes hundreds of millions of dollars on bomb movies and bad business decisions every year. Previous closures and remounts to this 32 year old show in the 2000's and 2010's were generally to add and plus up the original; adding new and upgraded stagecraft tech, adding new floats, new action, new effects, new Characters, etc.

But this time, all they did was cut back or remove stuff they used to have, and not add a single new thing to make up for it.

We could just be happy that F! is Back......

And say DLR has a lot to clean up for the 70th.....Hopefully a F! Dragon if its safe. The new Pixar Parade is in DCA, so why does DL Park need Together Forever instead of RDCT or DL Forever exactly?,?????

Actually use a Night Parade before it goes the way of Spectro?????

DL, along with MK really need to get going in 2025!!!!!!!

TP2000

We could just be happy that F! is Back......

Yes, we could. πŸ€”

But to do that we'd have to dramatically lower our historical expectations of Disneyland's operation and standards. I'm unwilling to do that, so TDA doesn't get a pass from me for this lessened performance standard for Fantasmic!.

DL, along with MK really need to get going in 2025!!!!!!!

Agreed. God help us if they keep using 2024's lowered standards into 2025 and beyond.

SuddenStorm

Yes, we could. πŸ€”

But to do that we'd have to dramatically lower our historical expectations of Disneyland's operation and standards. I'm unwilling to do that, so TDA doesn't get a pass from me for this lessened performance standard for Fantasmic!.

Agreed. God help us if they keep using 2024's lowered standards into 2025 and beyond.

I strongly suspect the addition of alcohol to Disneyland Park was to help their scores- I know I'd be far more forgiving of their lackluster service and maintenance after a few drinks!

:p

photomatt

This seems to be a glaring problem with the current leadership at the Parks. They just don't care.
Potrock was in the VIP section celebrating with his lackeys once the show was over. They all seemed pleased.

I didn't see Iger or The Hair. I'm sure even they weren't interested in seeing the show without the dragon.

I was in the BB section when F! returned after the shutdown two years ago and again last night. There was more energy in the crowd yesterday than there was two years ago. I hope that management doesn't mistake the energy of last night's show for general approval of all the cuts they made. Last night's crowd consisted of the hardest of the Disney die-hards, and they are pretty easy to please. I don't think the general public will be willing to consistently shell out money for dining packages if they don't bring Murphy back. No one wants a dragon on a stick again. We want Murphy or his/her sibling. We also want Ursula and the crocodile. If they keep making cuts, F! will just be another WoC, and no one wants that.

MoonRakerSCM

I have not kept up with the show news because the 2017 version is an absolute travesty.

Thay being said, I was under the assumption that the show was returning now due to having been repaired. What on earth have they been doing for the past year?

Squishy

I have not kept up with the show news because the 2017 version is an absolute travesty.

Thay being said, I was under the assumption that the show was returning now due to having been repaired. What on earth have they been doing for the past year?
They spent a year refurbishing burnt & broken equipment & animating a crocodile

choco choco

We want Murphy or his/her sibling. We also want Ursula and the crocodile. If they keep making cuts, F! will just be another WoC, and no one wants that.

I'm old enough to remember when the Flotsam and Jetsam eel figures were a part of the show. I found them terrific. No idea when they left, but if the Ursula figure is too tall these two certainly could have worked.

Movielover

Pretty much what I expected, simple choreography dance to replace the destroyed flying carpet, B-Mode Climax with additional shiny sparkles to distract from no dragon, and a AA Crocodile-less Peter Pan segment due to the ROA makeover.

Guess we will see how long this "temporary" version will last.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom