Disneyland Fantasmic Dragon Engulfed in Flames

SuddenStorm

Clearly we just need to let some people here run Disneyland and then there would magically never be problems ever.

Well, if I was running the park they would have saved hundreds of millions in costs by not building Galaxy's Edge in Anaheim, not changing Splash Mountain, not rebranding to Pixar Pier or Big Hero 6, and not changing to Guardians of the Galaxy. And the parks would be better for it.

TheCoasterNerd

In the Parks
No
Well, if I was running the park they would have saved hundreds of millions in costs by not building Galaxy's Edge in Anaheim, not changing Splash Mountain, not rebranding to Pixar Pier or Big Hero 6, and not changing to Guardians of the Galaxy. And the parks would be better for it.
Galaxys Edge is IMMENSELY more popular than Big Thunder Ranch.
San Fransokyo is widely regarded as a huge upgrade as well.
GotG (the ride experience, not the facade) is also far more popular than ToT as well.
Sorry if you don't like them, but the truth is the parks are better for the fact that these three changed. That's the truth. They sell more merch, have longer lines, and are overall better for the public and for TWDC.

Disney Analyst

Galaxys Edge is IMMENSELY more popular than Big Thunder Ranch.
San Fransokyo is widely regarded as a huge upgrade as well.
GotG (the ride experience, not the facade) is also far more popular than ToT as well.
Sorry if you don't like them, but the truth is the parks are better for the fact that these three changed. That's the truth. They sell more merch, have longer lines, and are overall better for the public and for TWDC.

Anecdotal. My partner is not a Disney person like us (although I’m converting him). He enjoys rides, the fun of it all, and the immersive theming. Galaxy’s Edge and San Fransokyo were his (and I quote) two favourites areas. He called Galaxy’s Edge his happy place, and said regarding San Fransokyo “this may be my favourite area to be in”.

The music really gets you hyped in San Fransokyo.

PiratesMansion

And I would have done things differently too.

But still, there are so many people here who are *so sure* that if they were put in charge of running Disneyland Resort today, they would be able to quickly and easily fix every modern ill (or "modern ill", as the case may be) to the point that everyone visiting the park would bow to them in spontaneous wonderment, and I might suggest that the workings of a great many of these ills are a bit more complicated than that.

I also don't find it productive to continuously fixate on every single grievance I have with the parks at all times and repeat them ad nauseum here as many do. It just seems like a lot of negative energy to hold onto at any given moment for me. Clearly others disagree.

I'll say again what I've said before: some here have become so focused on their own Disney grievances, valid or otherwise, that they have become completely incapable of seeing the park (or company) through any other lens. They have lost focus on the macro in favor of the extreme, narrow, myopic micro. Which is, again, not to say there's never any validity there, but sometimes it seems to do little except further the tunnelvision some here display on a regular basis, in which that poster is of course always right and Disney is always an exceptionally inept corporation whose own and every action can only be malevolent, cheap, or actively harmful, and no due diligence was ever taken. As always, YMMV.

Figments Friend

Ya know….

I actually kinda like Maleficent’s ‘C mode’ for a temporary version.

The lifting Maleficent sequence, minus the change into the physical dragon, always struck me as a bit ‘silly’.
She trashes around on a pole, over the top as only she can…and then dissapears behind a projection on a water spray.

Having her on the stage like this ‘C Mode’, threatening Mickey like this as a free roaming character makes more ‘sense’ to me from a staging and story perspective.
I can dig this alternative option.
The stage pyro, lake of fire, etc all add to this nicely.

Of the two, I will take ‘C’ until we get her back in dragon form proper.
Nothing will ever beat the full sized dragon magically appearing on stage and doing her thing!

-

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom