Disneyland Fantasmic Dragon Engulfed in Flames

chadwpalm

In the Parks
No
TEMPORAL PARADOX!! QUICK! KILL ONE!!!!
1717028766824.png

Parteecia

..." 'Maleficent is still going to be spectacular,” Longo says. “She’s on the stage longer than she used to be. We’ve added new pyro effects, with really cool projections and lasers. The river is still going to light on fire. ... As much as we miss the dragon right now, it’s still going to be a spectacular scene.' ”...

..."Longo, currently the show director for “Fantasmic!,” says the team began workshopping the new scenes in mid-December, meaning she’s been on an overnight work schedule for the last five months. ...

..."And while the dragon may be missed, Longo offers a hint that we haven’t seen the last of Maleficent in her fire-breathing form.

“ 'We’re excited for something to come back, and we’re in the works and working on it,' Longo says. 'But I think what I’ve done with that scene — that good versus evil and that battle between Maleficent and Mickey — is so spectacular. We all loved the dragon, and we’ll keep working on things, but there’s not much I can say about it.' ”

Stevek

There is a thread for that. Not the place
Your "There is a thread for that" would have been fine. The "not the place" was not necessary. Keep in mind that a lot of people in the Disneyland thread don't visit the WDW threads. I was only pointing out that there was a new show but appreciate you policing the board for us.

Stevek

Yes, we could. 🤔

But to do that we'd have to dramatically lower our historical expectations of Disneyland's operation and standards. I'm unwilling to do that, so TDA doesn't get a pass from me for this lessened performance standard for Fantasmic!.

Agreed. God help us if they keep using 2024's lowered standards into 2025 and beyond.
The reality is that folks on this board are going to be far more demanding or critical of the current Fantasmic. Most of the guests that are packing the area and spending ridiculous amounts for prime seating don't care. They are just happy it's back.

TheCoasterNerd

In the Parks
No
Your "There is a thread for that" would have been fine. The "not the place" was not necessary. Keep in mind that a lot of people in the Disneyland thread don't visit the WDW threads. I was only pointing out that there was a new show but appreciate you policing the board for us.
Sorry.. just trying to point you in the right direction....

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom