Disney(World) vs. Disney(land)?

NemoRocks78

Seized
Many of us avoid I-5, or the other four freeways near Disneyland. I can buzz down surface streets to Katella or Chapman and be from my place in Villa Park to the Toy Story Parking Lot in about 15 minutes without traffic, 20 minutes if there's an Angels game at the stadium or a concert at Honda Center. A 5 minute shuttle ride from the parking lot and I'm being dropped off about 75 yards from the park entry turnstiles. :D

It's not that simple for people who don't have the luxury of taking surface streets straight there. Many of us have to deal with the complete and total living hell that are the highways of Orange County with never-ending traffic and construction. :mad:

The entire state. I wish that whole property coud be picked up and moved to Wyoming or something... anywhere but California.

Sorry, someone had to. (I do have no desire to visit Ca though)

The freakin' middle of nowhere in Alaska would be a better location, dude. :p

SJN1279

BTW, having just ridden Transformers, I can honestly say the attraction is a very poor man's Spiderman clone. Universal putting that attraction within walking distance of Spiderman will just point out Transformers overall crumminess.

RSR would a great addition to the studios, Cars Land as a whole not so much. I found CarsLand underwhelming, but RSR to be the best Disney or Universal attraction that I've ridden in quite some time.

Oh and Kong 360 rocks! Universal needs to bring that to Orlando before they bring an inferior version of Spiderman to their resort(just saying!)

TP2000

It's not that simple for people who don't have the luxury of taking surface streets straight there. Many of us have to deal with the complete and total living hell that are the highways of Orange County with never-ending traffic and construction. :mad:

I take it you've never lived in Boston? :D

GoofGoof

Premium Member
Who flies into Tampa and then drives to Walt Disney World? Disneyland Resort and Walt Disney World are connected by all of the same means of transportation.
I flew into Tampa my last trip. To be fair, I was splitting time between WDW and Naples/Marco Island on the gulf so it made more sense to be sorta in the middle, but it was also a lot cheaper and Tampa's airport is actually pretty nice (small and convenient).

The worst was Wilmington, Delaware ... a place I haven't been in decades.
Not Wilmington!!! Could be the cancer clusters from all the chemical plants and pollution.
Reminds me of Wayne's World. "Imagine being Magically whisked away to....Delaware"

Wilmington, Really? Is Camden NJ on the list?
Probably too small to qualify. I agree though. Unless you are a pimp, crack dealer or run a bail bonds shop and you have to be there for work there is really no reason to live in Camden. Nice place to catch a concert though and the aquarium isn't half bad.

WDW1974

Original Poster
Wilmington, Really? Is Camden NJ on the list?

That's what a friend who was originally from NJ said (they moved here in the 70s, btw) ... he also suggested Trenton as a very bad place.

But I don't tend to visit any of those places since I don't need a Pixie Dust dealer!

WDW1974

Original Poster

Are you suggesting Florida's highways aren't under constant construction? because as someone who has been a resident since 1977, I'll say that is absolutely not the case unless you live in the middle of nowhere.

Florida's Turnpike has never NOT had active construction on it. I-95, I-75, I-4 etc ... as soon as one project wraps, a new one begins, even if there's no reason for it.

NemoRocks78

Seized
Are you suggesting Florida's highways aren't under constant construction? because as someone who has been a resident since 1977, I'll say that is absolutely not the case unless you live in the middle of nowhere.

Florida's Turnpike has never NOT had active construction on it. I-95, I-75, I-4 etc ... as soon as one project wraps, a new one begins, even if there's no reason for it.
Uh, no. I know perfectly well that there's often construction on Florida roadways. I was born and raised in West Palm Beach. Perhaps the construction comment was unnecessary, but I've just been a bit ticked lately over projects that close off all but 1-2 lanes on the 5 and 405 on heavily-traveled weekend evenings. They've made for some very unpleasant drives back to San Diego County from Anaheim or L.A. recently, heh. But the never-ending traffic is definitely an issue (as are many other things, but this isn't the place to discuss that).

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom